What is the last book you read, and your rating?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Aissha
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: What is the last book you read, and your rating?

Post by Aissha »

The last book is ,,Will You Love me ?" by Cathy Glass. My rating is 5 of 5. Read anyone it?
Kelaine
Currently Reading: The Left Hand of Darkness
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelaine.html
Latest Review: Fish Wielder by J.R.R.R. (Jim) Hardison

Post by Kelaine »

The Left Hand of Darkness - Ursula K Le Guin (sci-fi)
4.5/5
Loved the concept of a mostly androgynous alien society that dove into the differences that came out in societal roles and relations when people aren't (intentionally or unintentionally) biased by gender norms in their interactions. I do wish the main character (who was an alien to the world, and male) had come up with another way to identify people rather than referring to everyone as he/male because he couldn't think of them in any other context. His constant referencing of everyone as male made it difficult to really conceptualize everyone as un/bi-gendered, and I had to constantly remind myself that what the main character was presenting (to me, as the reader) wasn't the reality of that planet.
bookowlie
Special Discussion Leader
Favorite Book: The Lost Continent
Currently Reading: The Night She Went Missing
Bookshelf Size: 442
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookowlie.html
Latest Review: To Paint A Murder by E. J. Gandolfo

Post by bookowlie »

The Ex by Alafair Burke
5 out of 5 stars - I would give this book more stars if I could!

A defense lawyer is asked to represent her ex-fiance from 20 years ago in a triple homicide. She is convinced of his innocence, but questions his innocence as the evidence starts piling up. Lots of unpredictable twists and turns. I found it almost impossible to put this book down.
"The best way out is always through" - Robert Frost
_Viceyda16_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by _Viceyda16_ »

The last book I read was "Long Way Down" by Jason Reynolds. The Book was extremely good, and always had me on edge, wanting to know what happens next.
maggiechap
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maggiechap.html
Latest Review: The Cult Next Door by Elizabeth R. Burchard, Judith L. Carlone

Post by maggiechap »

My last book was The Blackthorn Grove - Luanne Bennet. I would give it a 5 out of 5. She definitely created a unique take on Savannah. Her characters all have their own voice and she uses legends from all walks of life and ties them together beautifully, which I appreciate as a reader.
Zilelabelle
Currently Reading: Dragonfriend
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zilelabelle.html
Latest Review: Superhighway 2 by Alex Fayman

Post by Zilelabelle »

The last book I read was Can I Be Frank? and I gave it 4 out of 4 stars. It was a delightful read and I'm hoping my review for it will be up soon :)
Helen_Combe
Favorite Book: The Martian
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 193
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-helen-combe.html
Latest Review: And The Trees Began To Move by Lisa Gammon Olson
Reading Device: B00M4L4MFC

Post by Helen_Combe »

I’ve just finished The Ultimate Guide To Zombies by Dave Robertson.
It was fun but got 3/4 because of the grammar errors.
A thesaurus is necessary, essential, indispensable, vital, crucial and fundamental.
dbbdav1
Currently Reading:

Post by dbbdav1 »

I just read Nine Souls by Shayne Silvers. He's an excellent author! Has anybody read his books? His books are on kindle unlimited.
read2u
Currently Reading: Unveil your Intimate Self
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-read2u.html
Latest Review: Ironbark Hill by Jennie Linnane
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by read2u »

I just finished reading Roadmap To The End of Days, by Daniel Friedman. I thought it was excellent and gave it 4/4 rating. A fairly short read (10 chapters), very relevant for today.
Aidyl
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aidyl.html
Latest Review: Roadmap to the End of Days by Daniel Friedmann
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Aidyl »

Roadmap to The End of Days and I rated it two stars.
Libs_Books
Favorite Book: The year of the flood
Currently Reading: Mason Dixon
Bookshelf Size: 273
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-libs-books.html
Latest Review: Dont Panic Its Organic by Dr. Andy Lopez

Post by Libs_Books »

book worm1 wrote: 15 Mar 2018, 19:13 I just finished reading The Thinking Women's Guide to Practical Magic by Emily Barker. I judged this book by it's cover and was pleasantly surprised by this thoroughly entertaining and well written story. A good book to curl up with on long winter nights or on the beach.
Thank you so much for drawing my attention to this. I believe in the UK it's published as The Thinking Women's Guide to Real Magic - I don't know why they changed the title - the other one seems much better. Anyway, it sounds really good - I'm putting it on the list!
AnnaKathleen
Currently Reading: Kill Them All
Bookshelf Size: 1085
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-annakathleen.html
Latest Review: End of the Last Great Kingdom by Victor Rose

Post by AnnaKathleen »

The last book I read was The Perfectionists by Sara Shepard. Many people recognize her name from The Lying Game or Pretty Little Liars. I enjoyed The Perfectionists much more than either of those series though. I think I gave it a 3 or 4. Diverse characters, very common and relevant problems hidden among some first world problems, a bit of romance, a bit of drama and some crime. It was fun and fast.
"I became darkness, shadow and wind." - Sarah J. Maas A Court of Mist and Fury
sarinaadeline

Post by sarinaadeline »

The last book I read was Wuthering Heights. I finished it just a few days ago, and by the end, my mind was reeling. Bronte is a master of storytelling, toying with the darkest corners of the human psyche and harnessing the violent passion of Heathcliff, her Byronic hero, as the impetus of the plot. I give this classic 5/5 stars, and I find myself discovering new details each time I read it.
Niam0117
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Niam0117 »

Hey everyone!

The last book I read was Ready Player One... it was not for me but I guess that was the point in selecting it. I found myself skipping ahead several chapters several times. There is so much gamer talk I couldn't get into.
Derekthaboss

Post by Derekthaboss »

The last book I read was The Sands Of time by James Patterson. That good was one of the greatest i have ever put my eyes on i give it a 10 plus rate!!!😁

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”