Adult Colouring Books

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
lbhatters
Favorite Book: Life is Too Short to Waste and Do Nothing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lbhatters.html
Latest Review: Life is to Short to Waste and do Nothing by Gracie Curry Holman
Reading Device: B077WTB2LY

Re: Adult Colouring Books

Post by lbhatters »

I was homeless for awhile but had enough money to buy a few and found it helped me to think more clearly after doing one. They are meant for therapy since they are kind of mindless, not really for the art. It was a cheap hobby when you don't want to do anything else but put pen to paper in any way possible before getting onto my other projects that I needed to be calm for and not agitated.
Helen_Combe
Favorite Book: The Martian
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 193
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-helen-combe.html
Latest Review: And The Trees Began To Move by Lisa Gammon Olson
Reading Device: B00M4L4MFC

Post by Helen_Combe »

I like them. I’ve got an app with colouring for adults. The pictures are complex and beautiful and I spent quite a bit of time doing them when my brains were addled by chemotherapy.
A thesaurus is necessary, essential, indispensable, vital, crucial and fundamental.
Shrabastee Chakraborty
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Warramunga's War
Currently Reading: Timewise
Bookshelf Size: 1153
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shrabastee-chakraborty.html
Latest Review: The Infinite Passion of Life by D.J. Paolini

Post by Shrabastee Chakraborty »

I think I would try one. I very much liked coloring books since childhood but used to lose patience soon. These days I can not concentrate long enough, even with very interesting books. So I wonder whether coloring books will help me or will make matters worse!
Tbunde5
Favorite Book: A Column of Fire
Currently Reading: Illustrated Short Fiction of William H. Coles: 2000-2016
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tbunde5.html
Latest Review: Kamel by Charles J Haubner III

Post by Tbunde5 »

Adult coloring books are great therapy for people struggling with anxiety or depression, memory disorders, emotional/behavioral disorders, and they can even help you quit smoking (according to a few people I know). They are an excellent therapy for arthritis as well as helping developmentally disabled children and adults work on their fine motor skills.
gregs317
Previous Member of the Month
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by gregs317 »

I have tried several adult coloring books, and I enjoy them overall. The only designs I don't like are those that have small, intricate illustrations. I like the larger pictures better, with more room to color in.

I prefer the books that are spiral-bound since they are easier to lay flat on a desk. Or I can hold them in one hand, and color with the other.

I find these books to be very therapeutic and relaxing. They also help me deal with anxiety.
Karscrap
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Karscrap »

I agree with you, I don’t like small designs either. Escpecially the ones with tiny circles filling in big shapes...ew. But I love the flower ones, as well as the 3D looking shapes!

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”