Have you ever been inspired by a book before

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Goodnews Eniefiok
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-goodnews-eniefiok.html
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon

Have you ever been inspired by a book before

Post by Goodnews Eniefiok »

I have always been inspired by the books I read like the book I read once "the power of little beginning" by David Ibieyeomie.
How about you which book has inspired you
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon
Clydevazquez
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Clydevazquez »

Yes. I have been inspired by the book. I read the book "Letters to a Young Brother: MANifest Your Destiny" by Hill Harper. This book is really awesome and i really liked this book. I was recommended this book by my mom. I'm not a person who reads a lot, but once i got this book it was no way i was putting it down.I would suggest all to read this book.
DATo
Previous Member of the Month
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by DATo »

I was inspired to continue reading philosophy in my early twenties by a book written by Will Durant titled, The Story Of Philosophy which was a very readable (understandable) introduction to, and summary of, the lives and philosophies of most of the major philosophers of western literature.
“I just got out of the hospital. I was in a speed reading accident. I hit a book mark and flew across the room.”
― Steven Wright
V-20
Favorite Book: Adrift
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-v-20.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Post by V-20 »

Yes. Rick Warren's The Purpose Driven Life inspired me when I read it.
Stay safe! Sending hugs
x Val
MOONTRAVELLER007
Favorite Author: Stephen King
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moontraveller007.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest
fav_author_id: 2376

Post by MOONTRAVELLER007 »

I had read How to stop worrying and start living by Dale Carnegie, it did inspire me to think about my worries in a positive light.
Victor Kilyungi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victor-kilyungi.html
Latest Review: A Fate Unwound Too Soon by anna-karen sorensen

Post by Victor Kilyungi »

A lot of books have inspired me for sure. There's just something instructional about books.
Mari Thompson
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mari-thompson.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Mari Thompson »

I think every book I have ever read has inspired me in some sort of way. Authors put their heart and soul into their writings so it’s almost impossible to not be inspired in some way.
revathy sw
Favorite Book: The Wind in the Willows
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-revathy-sw.html
Latest Review: Mithra by John M. Rattenbury

Post by revathy sw »

I've been inspired by Rose Calloway from the Addicted series. One of her qualities is that she goes out of her way to keep in touch with people important to her. This struck a chord with me. Hermione in Harry Potter is always a source of inspiration when I'm trying to study for an important test. The Wind in the Willows inspired me to see life in a more magical and warm light.
In A Gentleman in Moscow, the protagonist's father had a clock that chimes twice a day, at noon and midnight. He believed that a person should get everything important done by the first chime (at noon), spend the rest of the day relaxing, and be in bed before the second chime (at midnight). I think this is a good guide on how to be productive and maintain a social life at the same time.
And this quote from the Wallflower series will always stay with me: "The next time you face a room full of strangers . . . you might tell yourself that some of them are just friends waiting to be found.”
Just an average book-lover bumbling through life :tiphat:
Alissa Nesson
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alissa-nesson.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Post by Alissa Nesson »

I remember being inspired by Les Miserables when I read it. I’m inspired by a lot of books. Since I’m chronically ill, I’m often inspired by books that feature a strong character who is battling the same thing. I was inspired by Violet in Fourth Wing, for example.
“Our lives become the stories that we weave.”
- Once On This Island

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”