How Interesting would life be without Books?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Post Reply
User avatar
Debbyemi
Posts: 119
Joined: 07 Mar 2017, 03:36
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-debbyemi.html
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami
2017 Reading Goal: 10
Goal Completion: 60

How Interesting would life be without Books?

Post by Debbyemi » 19 Sep 2017, 10:54

I sometimes wonder if life would be bored if there were no books or no authors to write books. Kudos to authors for writing wonderful books to keep our world interesting.

User avatar
Kalin Adi
Posts: 735
Joined: 01 May 2017, 14:29
Currently Reading: Wuthering Heights
Bookshelf Size: 95
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kalin-adi.html
Latest Review: "Border Post 99" by Kedar Patankar
2017 Reading Goal: 5
Goal Completion: 880

Post by Kalin Adi » 19 Sep 2017, 13:29

I think everybody has a hobby that keeps him/her entertained. Since one of my favorite pastime is reading books, if I had no books to read, my life would be monotonous. Thanks God there are books with different genres, topics, sizes, styles, and so on.

User avatar
Tsundoku-san
Posts: 25
Joined: 03 Aug 2017, 01:57
Currently Reading: Ilustrado
Bookshelf Size: 22
2017 Reading Goal: 0

Post by Tsundoku-san » 20 Sep 2017, 01:01

I can't imagine. :shock: A world without books? No. They can take everything, the net, touched screen phones, and even technology. I can live without it. But no, not books! No darling, I will die! :shock:

User avatar
Debbyemi
Posts: 119
Joined: 07 Mar 2017, 03:36
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-debbyemi.html
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami
2017 Reading Goal: 10
Goal Completion: 60

Post by Debbyemi » 20 Sep 2017, 05:28

Kalin Adi wrote:I think everybody has a hobby that keeps him/her entertained. Since one of my favorite pastime is reading books, if I had no books to read, my life would be monotonous. Thanks God there are books with different genres, topics, sizes, styles, and so on.
Exactly Kalin Adi, everybody has a hobby, I just can't imagine a life without book. Reading is my number one hobby.

-- 20 Sep 2017, 05:32 --
Tsundoku-san wrote:I can't imagine. :shock: A world without books? No. They can take everything, the net, touched screen phones, and even technology. I can live without it. But no, not books! No darling, I will die! :shock:
I really can't imagine a world without books, I also will happily give up net, touched screen phones for books. It has always been and will always be my number one hobby.

Star88
Posts: 148
Joined: 01 Aug 2017, 19:37
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-star88.html
Latest Review: "Tips, Myths and Rips: A Physician's Advice" by Morton E.Tavel
2017 Reading Goal: 0

Post by Star88 » 10 Oct 2017, 20:27

It's seems unimaginable to me. Books are my life. I suppose if it were to happen, I would have picked up some other hobby to obsess over. Not sure what it would be.

User avatar
Debbyemi
Posts: 119
Joined: 07 Mar 2017, 03:36
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-debbyemi.html
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami
2017 Reading Goal: 10
Goal Completion: 60

Post by Debbyemi » 11 Oct 2017, 03:03

Star88 wrote:It's seems unimaginable to me. Books are my life. I suppose if it were to happen, I would have picked up some other hobby to obsess over. Not sure what it would be.
I really can't imagine a life without books, but like you said other hobby will surface.

Post Reply

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”