Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
- Posts: 23
- Joined: 10 Jun 2017, 23:43
- 2018 Reading Goal: 100
- 2017 Reading Goal: 120
- 2018 Reading Goal Completion: 55
- 2017 Reading Goal Completion: 97
- Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =9179">Red Queen</a>
- Currently Reading: James and the Giant Peach
- Bookshelf Size: 185
- Location: California
I recently discovered that I'm pretty OCD about how I take care of my books. For one, I NEVER dog ear a page. That drives me crazy haha. I dont like to eat while Im reading because I dont want to get food on them. Also, if I am reading a series then it has to be either all hardcover or softcover. I cant have one book in the series a hardcover and the rest softcovers lol. I take off the book cover page so I dont rip it (while I am reading it) and then put it back on when Im finished. I keep my books organized on the shelves by genre.
What can I say? I'm a total book freak!
- Posts: 36
- Joined: 03 Aug 2017, 21:41
- 2017 Reading Goal: 20
- 2017 Reading Goal Completion: 85
- Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... tlander</a>
- Currently Reading: Green Mansions
- Bookshelf Size: 33
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maiamalanee.html
- Latest Review: "Belas Rift" by Stephan von Clinkerhoffen
- Reading Device: 1400698987
- Location: Washington State
I don't think I'm necessarily OCD about my books. Most of my books are dog eared because they were used for school or research for my own writing. I prefer paperback books because they tend to be smaller and portable. I never like hardback books, I always end up taking the covers off anyways. The only thing is that four out of the seven Harry Potter books I own are paperback and the other three hardback. It's the same with my A Song of Ice and Fire series. I got A Dance With Dragons before the paperback came out, and it's huge compared to the paperbacks.
- Posts: 328
- Joined: 01 Jul 2017, 20:47
- Currently Reading: Homeport
- Bookshelf Size: 129
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebethina.html
- Latest Review: "Temptation Trials Part II" by B. Truly
I am a bookworm but I have to say that I don't think I have found myself doing any of that even though I do like to keep my books somewhat decently clean and nice looking