Author Signed Ebooks

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
SparklingOne
Favorite Author: Stephen King
Currently Reading: A Breath of Snow and Ashes
Bookshelf Size: 163
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sparklingone.html
Latest Review: "I AM GOD" by Shawn Dall
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK
fav_author_id: 2376

Author Signed Ebooks

Post by SparklingOne »

While going through some old paper books, I came across some I was lucky enough to have signed by their authors. It made me wonder why they have never figured out how to make a special edition signed copy of an ebook. Electronic signatures exist already, and while you couldn't get a personalized message, or get to meet the author, it would still be pretty cool. You would think the big publishers would offer something like that. Would you splurge on a special edition of an ebook if one your favorite authors had signed it? I think I might for old favorites, and would be great for all of us ebook readers out there.
Our lives are defined by opportunities, even the ones we miss.
The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button by F. Scott Fitzgerald.
Latest Review: "I AM GOD" by Shawn Dall
Mailis
Currently Reading: The Employee Millionaire
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mailis.html
Latest Review: There and Back There Again by Andrew Alsup
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Mailis »

It kind of negates the personal touch and e-signature isn't exactly the same thing as written one. It's just something that is necessary for validating legal documents online.
kfwilson6
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Lord of Chaos
Bookshelf Size: 298
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kfwilson6.html
Latest Review: The Stone Wall Crossing by Alice Schellhorn Magrane
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by kfwilson6 »

Mailis wrote: 22 Feb 2018, 12:17 It kind of negates the personal touch and e-signature isn't exactly the same thing as written one. It's just something that is necessary for validating legal documents online.
Agreed. I would not find this special. But I really only want an autographed copy if I get it straight from a book signing where the author asks me my name and shakes my hand and everything :D . I don't think I would ever order one online or buy from the bookstore.
Camille Turner
Currently Reading: Angela's Ashes
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-camille-turner.html
Latest Review: Hippocrates and The Hobgoblin: The Sedes Infernum by C.S. Colvin

Post by Camille Turner »

I wouldn't pay extra for an electronic signature. I guess I'm obsessed with physically written things but to me, a signature is not a signature unless it's pen to paper. Electronic signatures are fine when submitting taxes, etc., but not when I want my favorite author to actually touch my book and write something to me.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”