When do you find time to read?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Sumytra
Bookshelf Size: 0

Time to Read

Post by Sumytra »

I listen to books on CD in the car whenever I'm driving for 20 minutes or longer. If I try to listen during shorter trips, my mind wanders and I cons tantly have to keep pressing the "back" button.

I also do bedtime reading but that isn't very often. I find myself more interested in watching Rachel Maddow or Jon Stewart when I hit the sheets. Since I don't sleep well, I will reach for the book on my nightstand in the middle of the night.
K M Britt

Post by K M Britt »

My kid is grown. I can read when I want to. I'm free, free, free! :D (Watch me do a little jig.)
Fran
Favorite Author: David Mitchell
Favorite Book: Anna Karenina
Currently Reading: Hide and Seek
Bookshelf Size: 1208
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fran.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 3104

Post by Fran »

The train to & from work, lunchtime & in bed. If a book grabs you you will always find the time to read ... on the other hand if the book is boring all sorts of things come to claim your time. It's all a question of priorities really. I like to listen to poetry being read but I find it impossible to concentrate on audio books .. my mind just wanders & I keep having to replay parts.
darbook

Post by darbook »

before going to sleep and ofcourse in weekends when it`s so quiet and nothing disturbes me :)
Pinkpaper

Post by Pinkpaper »

I have a one year old so I can relate. I read last thing at night (bad idea if its a real page turner and I need to sleep)

or in the bath (ive been know to have VERY long baths) :D
Fran
Favorite Author: David Mitchell
Favorite Book: Anna Karenina
Currently Reading: Hide and Seek
Bookshelf Size: 1208
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fran.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 3104

Post by Fran »

Pinkpaper wrote:I have a one year old so I can relate. I read last thing at night (bad idea if its a real page turner and I need to sleep)

or in the bath (ive been know to have VERY long baths) :D

In the bath .... you're definitely not a candidate for the Kindle then
ryan2

Post by ryan2 »

I am never without a book. I read in the bathroom, when I eat, when I take a break at work, when I wake up, when I go to bed. I have a pillow but I always end up using a book instead. If it was possible, I would read while driving. I've seen other people do it before. :)

I have books in every room of the house. I have backup books in my car in case I forget to bring what I am reading with me to work or wherever I am going. If I think there might be the slightest possibility of me waiting in a line or in a lobby I will always carry a book with me.

I should get audio books for driving!
Pinkpaper

Post by Pinkpaper »

In the bath .... you're definitely not a candidate for the Kindle then
I just looked up what a kindle is..........yep your be right :lol:
alimena

Post by alimena »

when I'm in bed before going to sleep ~ i like to read in bed the most, sometimes also in the bus when I'm going to work :)
atrixa

Post by atrixa »

Since I started university it's quite hard to find the time, but it's usually when I'm doing washing or just before sleeping.
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read."

Groucho Marx
US comedian with Marx Brothers (1890 - 1977)
frger

Post by frger »

I read after everyone's in bed. :D
jjm0019

Post by jjm0019 »

I'm able to read a lot actually. I do a lot of reading on my lunch breaks at work. I don't have any kids yet so my fiancé and I have a ton of free time which I spend reading. Reading is one of the true pleasures of life. An authors ability to take you into another world by using words is truly remarkable. I wish for another set of eyes so I could read two books at once....ha-ha.
Bonesey

Post by Bonesey »

I think that when I'm so angrossed in that certain book I'm reading, i don't have to find time for it.... infact i end up missing several vital daily rituals because I'm reading!!
LauraH

Post by LauraH »

ryan wrote:If it was possible, I would read while driving. I've seen other people do it before. :)
I have done that. Ever wonder why the stupid street lights are so long? At paticular ones, I will actually crack open a book and read a little.
poomlie

Post by poomlie »

I love to read anytime, and have a lot of time to do it since my kids are grown, but my favorite time is before going to sleep, which I have done since I was a teenager. Unfortunately now I have trouble getting to sleep unless I read first. I guess I am a happy addict.

I also enjoy listening to books while doing tasks such as housework and gardening or while painting or crafting.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”