Unfinished Books

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
lilytepait
Currently Reading: A Haunted Murder (A Lin Coffin Mystery Book 1
Bookshelf Size: 13

Unfinished Books

Post by lilytepait »

Good day everyone,

Am I the only one that has a lot of want to read books, and only reads the first parts?

I feel sorry about the other books in our shelf with lots of bookmarks. :techie-reference:
Azeline Arcenal
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 119
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zenalei7.html
Latest Review: Christmas in the Kingdom of Kool by Joan J. Harris

Post by Azeline Arcenal »

I usually try to finish a book even if I don't really like it. I have yet to come across a book that I absolutely could not finish reading. I also tend to skim read that way I can finish reading the book faster.
“The only important thing in a book is the meaning that it has for you.” - W. Somerset Maugham
Redcraze
Bookshelf Size: 123
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Redcraze »

If I feel that a book is a complete waste of my time (I'm talking to you, Thomas Pynchon) I feel quite comfortable in closing it forever.
Manang Muyang
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 686
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Manang Muyang »

I do have the complete works of Shakespeare (written in the English of his time) and I have yet to finish all of them. I was able to enjoy The Taming of the Shrew, The Merchant of Venice, and some of the other short ones but I have yet to graduate from Romeo and Juliet. I hope I can finish the lot before my eyesight fails me.
Storygamer88
Currently Reading: The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time
Bookshelf Size: 365
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-storygamer88.html
Latest Review: "A Town Called Gonefor" by Wesley Cris
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Storygamer88 »

I'll not finish if its bad, but in general, I try to finish what I start. I think part of the fun of a book is being engrossed and liking the world/tale the stories weave.
Hi all. I like board games, card games, video games, books (especially children's books and mysteries), stories, cartoons, anime, manga, light novels, animation, and other light-hearted, fun things. Feel free to message if you want to chat!
Latest Review: "A Town Called Gonefor" by Wesley Cris
hazelk
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by hazelk »

If a book does not grab me early in I return it to my book seller, usually my local charity shop.
ammp116
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by ammp116 »

I must be drawn in by the authors style just as much as the content. Otherwise, I will dismiss a book before I feel time is wasted. This rarely happens though.
vaz222
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vaz222.html
Latest Review: "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare

Post by vaz222 »

Sometimes that happens. I wouldn't want to finish a book if I felt it wasn't worth it.
Latest Review: "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare
Henrytbab
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-henrytbab.html
Latest Review: The Secrets To Living A Fantastic Life... by Dr. Allen Lycka & Harriet Tinka

Post by Henrytbab »

lilytepait wrote: 29 Apr 2017, 21:20 Good day everyone,

Am I the only one that has a lot of want to read books, and only reads the first parts?

I feel sorry about the other books in our shelf with lots of bookmarks. :techie-reference:
I've tried to get used to not getting bothered about the books haven't finished. If I have the time, I'll try to finish them.
"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."
-George Bernard Shaw
monserrat_21
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-monserrat-21.html
Latest Review: Soul Seeker by Kaylin McFarren

Post by monserrat_21 »

I don't like leaving books unfinished, but I've done it before. Sometimes you just have to accept a book is not for you and quit. It happened to me with The Golden Compass and, more recently, with The Name of The Wind. I'd rather leave them unfinished than waste time that I could've used to read books that I actually liked.
“That’s the thing about books. They let you travel without moving your feet.”

Jhumpa Lahiri

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”