What does everyone think of the Twilight Saga?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
ElphabaEvans
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elphabaevans.html

Re: What does everyone think of the Twilight Saga?

Post by ElphabaEvans »

I typically go for a book series over a stand alone novel because they keep me occupied for more than a day! I didn't hate the Twilight series, but I've read plenty I liked better. I struggled through the writing in several sections but I did enjoy the story line!
darkhuntress
Currently Reading: City of Lost Souls
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-darkhuntress.html

Post by darkhuntress »

I think the story was ok but the entire thing is over rated. I did read all four books and think that just the whole Werewolf and Vampire thing has been written so many times, that it is beginning to get boring and the stories all eventually become the same.
"Fear in a name, only increases fear in the thing itself"
angelbeats1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-angelbeats1.html
Latest Review: Iran Before . . . by Dennis Briskin

Post by angelbeats1 »

I really liked the Twilight saga! I think it grew incredibly popular only because the books were turned into movies. I think the author made the characters very likable. I liked how Meyers had this whole love triangle thing going on. I could relate to this book especially because the characters were young and I liked the aspect of romance in it. I would definitely recommend this book to everyone!
Elizabeth Pass
Favorite Book: Dealing with Dragons (Enchanted Forest Chronicles, #1)
Currently Reading: Reign
Bookshelf Size: 126
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bb587.html
Latest Review: COVIDinners by Katie M Zeigler

Post by Elizabeth Pass »

I absolutely love them and will continue to reread them over and over again. The writing keeps me turning the pages, the character development has me cheering, and the supernatural aspects keep me intrigued.
Mabel6
Currently Reading: Final Notice
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mabel6.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by Mabel6 »

It used to be my guilty pleasure. I admit that the series has a lot of typos but I loved the romance and the love triangle.
Shrabastee Chakraborty
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Warramunga's War
Currently Reading: Timewise
Bookshelf Size: 1153
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shrabastee-chakraborty.html
Latest Review: The Infinite Passion of Life by D.J. Paolini

Post by Shrabastee Chakraborty »

I liked reading the Twilight saga.
Twilight: I was amazed by the initial part where Bella met Edward and felt 'dazzled' by him, the days she waited not understanding why he acted so distant, and then when she was faced with the dilemma of either accepting him (vampirism included) or to lose him forever. I never thought I would like a romance novel, especially considering that the romance occurs between a human and a vampire, but somehow I was stumped! Anyways, I did not care for the confrontation with the so called 'uncivilised' vampires.
New Moon: Well, I don't know how Edward could think Bella would be better off without him. But I could feel Bella's anguish, her numbness followed by excruciating pain over his absence. I found it perfectly plausible how she eventually found comfort in Jacob, her initial hesitations and then overcoming those (never completely, though). The Volturi I could consider as perfect villans, but they could have been a bit more terrifying.
Eclipse: Things get complicated as an entire army of newborn vampires are at large. This irritated me, was this much ado really necessary for the plot? I found it too dramatic. But on the romance front, the Bella-Edward-Jacob triangle gets more interesting as Bella can feel that she loves Jake too, even if she doesn't want to admit that. Way to go!
Breaking Dawn: I loved the wedding part and the conflicts with Jacob. But Bella's pregnancy and obsession with the child seemed sudden and abrupt. The few chapters narrated by Jacob had me rooting for him, they were emotionally more mature (?) than most other chapters in the whole series. But everything after that-starting from Jacob imprinting on Renesmee to all those 'immortal child' things and the final encounter between Cullens and the Volturi - seemed to have been forced into the story. For me, it was a considerably disappointing end to a saga which I otherwise liked.
Mely918
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mely918.html
Latest Review: I'm Going to Kill that Cat by F. Della Notte

Post by Mely918 »

I hadn't heard of the Twilight saga until the movie came out. I only watched the first movie and it was terribly confusing to me. I tried reading the book later but couldn't get past the first few pages. I didn't like Stephenie Meyer's writing. It simply dragged too much. The idea itself had a lot of potential, it just needed to be better written.
Dael Reader
Currently Reading: The Story of Arthur Truluv
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dael-reader.html
Latest Review: Extraordinary Stories From Everyday People (and me) by Les Clark
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Dael Reader »

I think it's a story about a girl in an abusive relationship with a vampire who stalks her and tries to separate her from her friends and family. Sadly, she falls in love with this guy, then comes to believe that she can't be beautiful or graceful until she dies and becomes a vampire. I think it's a horrible series for teenage girls.
PlanetHauth
Currently Reading: Celebrity
Bookshelf Size: 766
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-planethauth.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing

Post by PlanetHauth »

Dael Reader wrote: 10 Jun 2018, 19:14 I think it's a story about a girl in an abusive relationship with a vampire who stalks her and tries to separate her from her friends and family. Sadly, she falls in love with this guy, then comes to believe that she can't be beautiful or graceful until she dies and becomes a vampire. I think it's a horrible series for teenage girls.
Thank you! I can not understand how anyone likes the series. The characters are boring and the writing is bad. This supposed loving relationship is far from ideal and should not be looked up to. It was like listening to my freshman English students sighing over Romeo's and Juliet's "romantic" relationship.
“Don’t adventures ever have an end? I suppose not. Someone else always has to carry on the story.”
-Bilbo Baggins
Dael Reader
Currently Reading: The Story of Arthur Truluv
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dael-reader.html
Latest Review: Extraordinary Stories From Everyday People (and me) by Les Clark
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Dael Reader »

PlanetHauth wrote: 11 Jun 2018, 07:26
Dael Reader wrote: 10 Jun 2018, 19:14 I think it's a story about a girl in an abusive relationship with a vampire who stalks her and tries to separate her from her friends and family. Sadly, she falls in love with this guy, then comes to believe that she can't be beautiful or graceful until she dies and becomes a vampire. I think it's a horrible series for teenage girls.
Thank you! I can not understand how anyone likes the series. The characters are boring and the writing is bad. This supposed loving relationship is far from ideal and should not be looked up to. It was like listening to my freshman English students sighing over Romeo's and Juliet's "romantic" relationship.
Dael Reader wrote: Exactly. I read the series when my 13-year-old niece wanted a set for Christmas. I've gladly bought her other books, but not these. I hope that she will always be more confident in her own being than Bella is and that she will always expect better than the kind of relationship that Bella and Edward have.
Ebrassell2003
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Ebrassell2003 »

Omg I love the twilight saga it's so interesting a great love story my friends say it's stupid but it's just such an awesome series
Hallsword
Favorite Book: The 11.05 Murders
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hallsword.html
Latest Review: The Altitude Journals by David J Mauro

Post by Hallsword »

When these books were all the rage to read, I was defiant in checking them out. I don't like to read about vampires and werewolves and because the characters were teenagers (if I remember correctly) I felt weird as an adult reading that genre. I finally consented and enjoyed every one of them. The story flowed beautifully from one book to the next and the text didn't seem trite or juvenile. I have not watched any of the movies because I do not want to take away from the experience I had reading the books.
Mallory Porshnev
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Moloka'i
Bookshelf Size: 332
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pricklypurple.html
Latest Review: The Paradize Inn by Sheri O'Sullivan

Post by Mallory Porshnev »

Horrible books. I only read the first one. Definitely geared toward teenage girls.
MikleoKrein
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by MikleoKrein »

I actually like Twilight.

It has a horrible reputation everywhere, but I still like. It's not a book that I will reread again and again (maybe a few years at a time) nor is it a book that is one of my faves, but it's still good.

The only thing I didn't like about it is Renesmee and Jacob. I found it... honestly disgusting.
V-20
Favorite Book: Adrift
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-v-20.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Post by V-20 »

I liked the movie especially the cast. I also liked the book. I don't get it why people compares it with Harry Potter. I love both stories <3
Stay safe! Sending hugs
x Val

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”