What Christian Fiction Book Are You Reading Now?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
csimmons032
Favorite Author: Stephenie Meyer
Favorite Book: Twilight and The Last Song
Currently Reading: Bluewater Walkabout
Bookshelf Size: 706
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-csimmons032.html
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
fav_author_id: 2594

What Christian Fiction Book Are You Reading Now?

Post by csimmons032 »

I am currently reading a book called Eve by William P. Young that is very interesting. If you guys are reading any Christian fiction novels, what are they? This can be either historical or modern, I just didn't know what category to put this one in. Historical Christian Fiction though is one of my favorite categories to read. I love feeling like I am being transported to a different time that is unfamiliar to me.
Amagine
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Bookshelf Size: 721
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amagine.html
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 3251

Post by Amagine »

I was about to give a response until I realized that I don't read much Christian fiction...which is unfortunate. I have to expand my reading.

As a child I read a series called, "Alice in Bibleland." It was interesting, entertaining and I learned so much from those books then when I went to church.

As an adult, I need to explore the genre of Christian fiction. Do you have any more books that you would recommend?
"Piglet noticed that even though he had a very small heart, it could hold a rather large amount of gratitude." -A.A Milne

"I am grateful for all the books that sparked my imagination." -Unknown
rssllue
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Ted Dekker
Favorite Book: The Bible
Currently Reading: A Year with C. S. Lewis
Bookshelf Size: 602
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rssllue.html
Latest Review: My Personal Desert Storm by Marcus Johnson
fav_author_id: 2881

Post by rssllue »

Currently I have just started Soul's Gate by James L. Rubart whom I have never read before. I would recommend The 13th Tribe by Robert Liparulo and The Circle Trilogy by Ted Dekker. Great authors and books!
~ occupare fati suffocavit

I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for Thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety. ~ Psalms 4:8
Amagine
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Bookshelf Size: 721
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amagine.html
fav_author_id: 3251

Post by Amagine »

rssllue wrote:Currently I have just started Soul's Gate by James L. Rubart whom I have never read before. I would recommend The 13th Tribe by Robert Liparulo and The Circle Trilogy by Ted Dekker. Great authors and books!
Thanks! I'll have to look those up on Amazon. :D
"Piglet noticed that even though he had a very small heart, it could hold a rather large amount of gratitude." -A.A Milne

"I am grateful for all the books that sparked my imagination." -Unknown
rssllue

Post by rssllue »

You are most welcome! I hope you enjoy them as much as I have!

I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for Thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety. ~ Psalms 4:8
csimmons032

Post by csimmons032 »

Hello Amagine and rssllue. I read a book once called Hidden Places by Lynn Austin that was very good. I have also heard that the Refiner's Fire series by the same author is very good. One of my favorite series is the Love Finds You series which has both modern and historical romances. I guess it just depends on what you are into reading. If you are into action and suspense novels then Ted Dekker is a good author in that area like rssllue mentioned. Then there is also Harlequin's Love inspired series that has very good suspense and romance novels. Janette Oke is a good author as well. If I can think of anymore, I will let you know. It would be more helpful if you could tell me what genre of books you like to read and then I can probably make more recommendations based on that. Thank you guys for posting, I appreciate the conversation. It is nice to talk to people that are book lovers like me.
rssllue

Post by rssllue »

Nice to talk (write) to you as well! I am really into mystery, fantasy, historical fiction, and suspense, but I read a bit in just about every genre.

csimmons032

Post by csimmons032 »

The genres I like most are romance, mystery, historical, and suspense. I like it even more if there is a little bit of all of those things in the book. I am like you though, I will read most genres as long as the book is interesting or it has a good recommendation. That's usually when I step out of my comfort zone is if the book has a good recommendation from someone or the storyline just pops out at me.
rssllue

Post by rssllue »

It is always cool to get a good recommendation and end up reading one that I never thought I would enjoy but find it to be a very engaging story. To find those hidden gems out there, especially in the overall Christian genre, is really a delight!

csimmons032

Post by csimmons032 »

I absolutely agree. Over the past few years, I have enjoyed reading Christian novels more and more because I grew tired of the supernatural topics that cover YA novels, and I am not a huge fan of foul language in adult novels. So it was refreshing to read things that didn't involve any of that.

-- 23 Apr 2017, 19:38 --

It's not a fiction book, but I am currently reading Who Said You Were Naked? by William Combs.

-- 28 Apr 2017, 14:13 --

I just finished Eve by William Young. It is a really fascinating book that I would highly recommend. It focuses around the Garden of Eden and I promise, it will get you thinking about what you thought you knew about the Garden.

-- 03 May 2017, 23:29 --

I just recently started reading a book called Ironclad Clay by J. Mark Wright. So far I have only read the first chapter, but I am liking what I am reading. It seems like it could be a very enjoyable book for Christians to read.
Mary Garrison
Currently Reading: The Hiding Place
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mary-garrison.html
Latest Review: Doctoroo & the Case of the Hacking Hippo by Dr. Rachel B. Wellner

Post by Mary Garrison »

Not reading it anymore, but I just finished And the Shofar Blew. It was amazing and I definitely recommend it.
1ditzyrn
Favorite Book: Desire
Currently Reading: Daisies and Dragon Slayers In The Equator
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-1ditzyrn.html
Latest Review: Genesis (The Infinity Series, Vol.2) by Bellamy Westbay

Post by 1ditzyrn »

I enjoy all of Frank Peretti's novels, and he also has children's books that are great.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”