Books that have made you cry?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.

Ever cried at a book?

Yes
93%
No
7%

Total votes: 2777

Svraka
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 20728">The Little Prince</a>
Currently Reading: Scouting for the Reaper
Bookshelf Size: 25

Re: Books that have made you cry?

Post by Svraka »

Amystl26 wrote: 23 Jan 2018, 13:59 The Glass Castle by Jeanetta Walls. True story- heart wrenching and inspiring!
Oh man, me too! That book was an emotional rollercoaster for sure :roll: I almost can't believe the author actually lived through a childhood like that!
Musfira
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Musfira »

Forty rules of love.
Amystl26
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amystl26.html
Latest Review: The Sparrow by Denna M. Davis

Post by Amystl26 »

Svraka wrote: 26 Jan 2018, 23:37
Amystl26 wrote: 23 Jan 2018, 13:59 The Glass Castle by Jeanetta Walls. True story- heart wrenching and inspiring!
Oh man, me too! That book was an emotional rollercoaster for sure :roll: I almost can't believe the author actually lived through a childhood like that!
I know!! I kept telling my boyfriend while reading it that I'm seriously amazed these children are still alive!
Kimber72
Currently Reading: Blood Fury
Bookshelf Size: 8

Post by Kimber72 »

I know of one book that stands out in particular for me,I cried in anger and in sadness,it broke me.
The Shadows by J.R. Ward.
I had to take a break after that book (even tho I absolutely loved it) :D
Galina Ivanova
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-galina-ivanova.html
Latest Review: "From Drift to SHIFT" by Jody B. Miller

Post by Galina Ivanova »

Desert Flower by Waris Dirie

The book is shocking tale of the incredible power of a woman put through hell from her early age and which, after many turns of fate, conquers the world's fashion, and becomes a symbol of femininity.

I cried like a baby. Very sad and the same time inspiring story.
Latest Review: "From Drift to SHIFT" by Jody B. Miller
jrosew
Currently Reading: 11:05 Murders
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jrosew.html
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by jrosew »

I’m a crier. I cry at advert,films and of obviously books. Although there are only really two books I could bring up here.

The first being Harry Potter and the deathly hallows. I was inconsolable for days after a certain red headed twin died.

Second and more embrassing was Private Peaceful a book I had to read to 30 children (I’m a school teacher) while trying not to cry hysterically in front of them.
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole
Astrocelot
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-astrocelot.html
Latest Review: Book Blueprint by Jacqui Pretty

Post by Astrocelot »

Bridge to Terabithia completely crushed me when I was an elementary schooler and had no idea what emotional trauma I was signing up for. Milk and Honey, a book of poetry by Rupi Kaur is also really touching, one of the most recent crying sessions I've had over writing. A little more well-hidden, A Monster Calls written by Patrick Ness had me bawling!
Miss Understood
Currently Reading: Island Games
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by Miss Understood »

Where the Red Fern Grows by Wilson Rawls. :cry:
Shrihan

Post by Shrihan »

Sudha Murthy wise and otherwise.really heart touching. And those r all real life incidents inscribed as one book.
Dashkova

Post by Dashkova »

Doctor Zhivago. Bleakest yet best ending I've ever read in a book, makes me cry a LOT.
Kieran_Obrien
Currently Reading: Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kieran-obrien.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Kieran_Obrien »

Astrocelot wrote: 28 Jan 2018, 17:04 Bridge to Terabithia completely crushed me when I was an elementary schooler and had no idea what emotional trauma I was signing up for. Milk and Honey, a book of poetry by Rupi Kaur is also really touching, one of the most recent crying sessions I've had over writing. A little more well-hidden, A Monster Calls written by Patrick Ness had me bawling!
Oh yes the Bridge to Terabithia destroyed me as a child 😂 I had no clue that things were, um, going that way!
Neslula

Post by Neslula »

I cry while reading all books . I am way too emotional. Books by John Flanagan for example
AlainaElric
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 110

Post by AlainaElric »

The Kushiel Legacy series is pretty much the only set of books that tug at the heart strings like that for me.
BookLover0611
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-booklover0611.html
Latest Review: My Author Is Dead by Michel Bruneau

Post by BookLover0611 »

"Winter Garden" by Kristin Hannah. It was an emotional and riveting story that made me cry at the end. Hannah has a way of tugging on your heartstrings.
Weezy254

Post by Weezy254 »

Yeah I do cry depending on the content of the book. The one that made me cry was "The River and The Source "by Ngugi wa Thiongo

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”