Books that have made you cry?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.

Ever cried at a book?

Yes
93%
No
7%

Total votes: 2774

Fuzzy456
Currently Reading: The Spirit of Want
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fuzzy456.html
Latest Review: My Ladybird Story by Magus Tor
Reading Device: B00N9ZVN90

Re: Books that have made you cry?

Post by Fuzzy456 »

I don’t think I’ve read a book that made me cry yet.....I feel cheated....but I have a list of tear jerkers to read now ...so thanks!
Jacki Mac Iver Hill
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: the irrational mind
Bookshelf Size: 95
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jacki-mac-iver-hill.html
Latest Review: Pancake Money by Finn Bell

Post by Jacki Mac Iver Hill »

I cry during any book that's emotional. But one that really got me was Kane and Abel by Jeffrey Archer. It was gut wrenching emotional though many parts. Even the first line had me tearing up. But the one book that was so complex and had me laughing and crying at the same time more than once was Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell. And talk about bawling like a baby at the end of the book, I could barely finish reading it the waterworks were flowing so heavily. Undoubtedly, even though I've read a lot of tear jerkers that I was totally consumed by, these have to be my two favorite books of all time.
Anon_Reviewer
Favorite Book: A Thousand Splendid Suns
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 146
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anon-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Anon_Reviewer »

I love books that make me cry! I don't know why but I do. :lol2: I've read The Great Gatsby three times and each time I cried at the end.
A Thousand Splendid Suns, Things Fall Apart and To Kill a Mockingbird also had me bawling like a baby though.
biscuits
Favorite Book: Life is an open secret
Currently Reading: How to win and influence people
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-biscuits.html
Latest Review: Trip to Adele by R I Alyaseer and A I Alyaseer

Post by biscuits »

Trip to Adele by Rana and Ahmad Alyasser made me cry though. The great love between the characters is really not from this world.
Fluffbear
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Fluffbear »

I don't usually cry over books. But when it gets really emotional. My tears can't stop. I cried at 'Soulmates' by holly bourne. I want to read more books that she published.
Adebayo christianah7
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Adebayo christianah7 »

Zoya by Danielle steel almost had me wailing like a baby.. I just had to made do with some few tears but that book was so touching
jessicawallace6
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessicawallace6.html
Latest Review: The Broadcast by Liam Fialkov

Post by jessicawallace6 »

Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier was the first book that ever made me cry, and to this day is what has made me cry the most. The most recent book to make me cry was probably Burial Rites by Hannah Kent.
alisonedgee
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alisonedgee.html
Latest Review: Lemoncella Cocktail by Rene Natan

Post by alisonedgee »

i don’t remember crying at anything recently, i think that last time was when i was a kid and sirius died haha
book_worm 101
Currently Reading: See How Small
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-book-worm-101.html
Latest Review: The 11.05 Murders by Brian O'Hare

Post by book_worm 101 »

I've read a lot of emotion-moving books, but the only one I can think that had me "bawling like a baby" was Where The Red Fern Grows . :cry2: It was just so beautifully written.
thaservices1
Favorite Book: Nightlord: Sunset
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thaservices1.html
Latest Review: ChatGPT for Entrepreneurs by Steven A. Ridder

Post by thaservices1 »

The Education of Little Tree. I bawl every time I read it.
"It is not the critic that counts..."
- Roosevelt
Vella12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Vella12 »

blue_diamond21 wrote: 22 Jun 2009, 12:10 The end of Lovely Bones had me weeping and i always said it wasnt my kind of book, I was so wrong!!!! Cant wait for the movie :D
Yes I absolutely adore this book
The movie isn’t as good though and I would recommend reading the book first to anyone that wants to watch the movie
Kimfard
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Kimfard »

I had many questions about love but this book "The Choice" by Nicholas Sparks, explains it all and then the end makes me cry all the time I keep reading it.... I this was beyond time in love. Try it out you'll love it and cry too
elliebelle2018
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by elliebelle2018 »

Yes, aNicholas spark's novel
Safe haven is one of my favorite books that i have read. its a story of a strong woman who fights for her freedom and met someone that proves to her that love really exists even in the tough situation.
it made me cry alot. leaves me with a creative imagination till the climax. i love it
TME888
Favorite Book: Lasher
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tme888.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs

Post by TME888 »

One book that comes to mind for me was The Giver.... I cried over all the precious memories forgotten and forced into submission...I loved the storyline and watched the movie and cried all over again!
TME888
Favorite Book: Lasher
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tme888.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs

Post by TME888 »

TME888 wrote: 06 Jun 2018, 21:04 One book that comes to mind for me was The Giver.... I cried over all the precious memories forgotten and forced into submission...I loved the storyline and watched the movie and cried all over again!
Ever_Reading wrote: 24 May 2018, 01:47 I love books that make me cry! I don't know why but I do. :lol2: I've read The Great Gatsby three times and each time I cried at the end.
A Thousand Splendid Suns, Things Fall Apart and To Kill a Mockingbird also had me bawling like a baby though.
I love those stories above also!!! Especially The Great Gatsby!!! My favorite of all time.....

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”