How often do you add new books to your TBR list?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
gregs317
Previous Member of the Month
Bookshelf Size: 0

How often do you add new books to your TBR list?

Post by gregs317 »

I've been doing book searches online lately, constantly looking for new books. I might search 'best books 2017' or 'top picks for book clubs' etc. The latest book for my list, being released in January 2017, is "Lillian Boxfish Takes a Walk". The author is Kathleen Rooney, and I'm really excited about reading it.
Fran
Favorite Author: David Mitchell
Favorite Book: Anna Karenina
Currently Reading: Hide and Seek
Bookshelf Size: 1208
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fran.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 3104

Post by Fran »

Nearly every time I log in here I end up with one or two new additions to my TBR list
We fade away, but vivid in our eyes
A world is born again that never dies.
- My Home by Clive James
gali
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

Fran wrote:Nearly every time I log in here I end up with one or two new additions to my TBR list
:text-yeahthat:
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
DATo

Post by DATo »

Every time @Fran recommends a book because her recommendations are usually excellent. (Refer to post #2.)

As a result my TBR list is now about as long as a phone directory and I have no option left but to join a Buddhist monastery and devote the remainder of my life to reading. I have chosen as my personal mantra .... Ommmmmmmmm, Ommmmmmmm, Ommmmmmmm-gonna-read-all-these-books-if-it-kills-meeeeeeee. :techie-studyingbrown:
“I just got out of the hospital. I was in a speed reading accident. I hit a book mark and flew across the room.”
― Steven Wright
Fran
Favorite Author: David Mitchell
Favorite Book: Anna Karenina
Currently Reading: Hide and Seek
Bookshelf Size: 1208
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fran.html
fav_author_id: 3104

Post by Fran »

DATo wrote:Every time @Fran recommends a book because her recommendations are usually excellent. (Refer to post #2.)

As a result my TBR list is now about as long as a phone directory and I have no option left but to join a Buddhist monastery and devote the remainder of my life to reading. I have chosen as my personal mantra .... Ommmmmmmmm, Ommmmmmmm, Ommmmmmmm-gonna-read-all-these-books-if-it-kills-meeeeeeee. :techie-studyingbrown:
@DATo
Ah you are so kind ... now add The Reader on the 6:27 to the list - it's sad but gently amusing :)
We fade away, but vivid in our eyes
A world is born again that never dies.
- My Home by Clive James
gali
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

Fran wrote:
DATo wrote:Every time @Fran recommends a book because her recommendations are usually excellent. (Refer to post #2.)

@DATo
Ah you are so kind ... now add The Reader on the 6:27 to the list - it's sad but gently amusing :)
I read it and liked it as well. :)
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Insightsintobooks
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-insightsintobooks.html
Latest Review: "Gates to Tangier" by Mois Benarroch
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Insightsintobooks »

I generally add books to my TBR nearly every day. I have no idea how I'm going to get through them all.
Latest Review: "Gates to Tangier" by Mois Benarroch
gregs317

Post by gregs317 »

I just added 3 books to my list within one week. I'm looking forward to reading each one.
gregs317

Post by gregs317 »

Update: since it's been over a year, I wanted to mention that I've recently added 3 more books to my tbr list.

The Runaway Princess, by Hester Browne.

The Dirty Parts of the Bible: A Novel, by Sam Torode.

The Travelling Cat Chronicles, by Hiro Arikawa.

What recent additions have you made to your tbr list?
HollandBlue
Favorite Book: The Reel Sisters
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 107
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hollandblue.html
Latest Review: It's Hard to Be a Vampire by Viktoria Faust
2024 Reading Goal: 24
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by HollandBlue »

As often as I can, almost every day since I joined in August! I have a long way to go to catch up with the rest of the group.
:techie-studyinggray: when I get a little money I buy books; and if I have any left l buy food and clothes
Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamas
(1466-1536)
zarah_
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zarah.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by zarah_ »

I have a never-ending list of books to read because I could never find enough time to finish them all. There's always something new and interesting to add so honestly it's a hard cycle to break.
gregs317

Post by gregs317 »

zarah_ wrote: 08 Oct 2018, 17:49 I have a never-ending list of books to read because I could never find enough time to finish them all. There's always something new and interesting to add so honestly it's a hard cycle to break.
I know, sometimes it feels like I'm constantly searching for new and new-release books. Even though I'm still not caught up with my current list lol.
dianaterrado
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 152
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dianaterrado.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

Post by dianaterrado »

Depends on whether or not I found a book worth adding 😂 But I mostly browse Goodreads for the sole purpose of adding bks on my tbr.
"We should all have something to be weirdly passionate about."
spencermack
Favorite Book: A Loaf Of Bread
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-spencermack.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by spencermack »

I have been trying to add less. I just get into adding sprees and then I have 100 books to be read so I narrow it down, and in that process, I find 25 more to add. Damn Amazon and how accurately it knows my reading preferences!
Spencer Mack
Divya Tamilselvan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-divya-t.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer
Reading Device: B086KCQX95

Post by Divya Tamilselvan »

It's not how often. Whenever I hear or see a good review of a book or someone suggests me to read a book, I right away add that book to my to be read list. And for now I have more than 20 books in my to be read list.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”