What are you reading right now ?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Bookdot
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: What are you reading right now ?

Post by Bookdot »

I'm currently reading the last book in the Divergent Trilogy. I'd been planning on reading it for years, but never got round to it.

I'm enjoying this trilogy, but I'll always be comparing it to the Hunger Games, and nothing can beat the Hunger Games trilogy.
Alwaystkd
Currently Reading: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alwaystkd.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

Post by Alwaystkd »

What is the thrift book about? I am going to go look it up. I just read Strong Hear by Charlie Sheldon and I gave it 4 stars out of 4. It’s a fascinating story plus educational. So this book is for fun and to teach us about the Native Americans.
Alwaystkd
Currently Reading: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alwaystkd.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

Post by Alwaystkd »

Diary of A Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi
kaywrite

Post by kaywrite »

I'm reading Fates and Furies, by Lauren Groff. I'm completely spoiler-free on it, found it by searching a best books of 2015 (a year my library is more likely to stock...) list for some summer reading. So far, so good.
DATo
Previous Member of the Month

Post by DATo »

The Decline And Fall Of The Roman Empire by Edward Gibbon

Why?

Because I am a glutton for punishment. :angry-banghead:
“I just got out of the hospital. I was in a speed reading accident. I hit a book mark and flew across the room.”
― Steven Wright
Mongo1950
Currently Reading:

Post by Mongo1950 »

Right now I'm reading James Lee Burke's "Light of the World" probably for the fourth or fifth time.
It's part of the Dave Robicheaux series. The majority of the series is based in New Orleans, the later books being located in Montana. I've found that the later books in an author's series tend to lose the punch of the earlier books, but JLB keeps rolling along. This is one of my first post and if I'm in the wrong section, I apologize.
Th3_un1saur0

Post by Th3_un1saur0 »

I’m currently reading Margaret Atwood’s “The Handmaid’s Tale” for school but I’m loving it on another level. The plot is intresting and contains loads of flashbacks as well as links to currents events. That’s why I love Margaret Atwoods writing because she uses current topics in her writing to make the reader feel like they are there with the characters. Its mainly based in Gael in a totalitarian society that oppresses women. The perspective the reader recieves is from the main character who is an oppressed women living in the society.
Khushi Dhull

Post by Khushi Dhull »

I'm reading 'the curious incident of the dog in the night time ' and I'm enjoying reading it. :techie-studyingbrown:
This book is about a boy who is mentally challenged and have a photographic memory. He's good at science.. Can understand science but not Humans!
He finds a dead dog in his backyard and turns into a detective and discovers how that dog died! Writes a murder mystery about it
This book is a perfect blend of humour as well as mystery!
Regards,
Khushi :D
sis_riehle
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sis-riehle.html
Latest Review: Lemoncella Cocktail by Rene Natan

Post by sis_riehle »

Right now I am reading Name of the Wind. It was suggested to me by one of my best friends, and he could not stop talking about how great it was. I have just started it, so I told him I would let him know if it's as good as he thinks :lol:
isabooklover_

Post by isabooklover_ »

I’ve been reading the “Wheel of Time” series by Robert Jordan for the past year. However, I’ve come to a standstill on book 6. The series is honestly amazing and addicting but I’m finding it hard to continue reading because of its length.

I’m mostly reading “Asking For It” by Louise O’Neill, which truly is a really important book. It’s about a girl who was the victim of sexual assault at a party and the chain of events that came spiraling after. It’s set in Ireland. Next on the list is “The Silmarillion”!
Jack Prodigal

Post by Jack Prodigal »

The Warramunga's War by Greg Kater. I'm new to this place and I came across it by chance looking for something I might like to read so I can try my hand at writing a review. I've never been able to read a book in digital format before, not because I lacked the means, but because it's never felt right to me to not have an actual book in my hand. No spoilers concerning my potential review, but I will say that no matter what, what I'm currently reading has opened my eyes to a new way of reading. Luddite tendencies aside, I just might be a convert.
Rumbly
Favorite Book: Warlock of the Magus World Series
Bookshelf Size: 25

Post by Rumbly »

I'm reading Maverick Chef by Tian Shi
Jalala ud din

Post by Jalala ud din »

Reading articles based on cryptocurrency networking.
Jgideon
Favorite Book: Gates to Tangier
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 253
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jgideon.html
Latest Review: Sundays with Sister ssj by Anthony Happy LaRiccia

Post by Jgideon »

The Joy of Jesus by Doreen Virtue
Audioslaver17
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 14">Father Night</a>
Currently Reading: Codex
Bookshelf Size: 649

Post by Audioslaver17 »

I started reading 'Robbo : My Autobiography' by Bryan Robson (whom I met in real life).

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”