What are you reading right now ?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
anniecalef
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anniecalef.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Re: What are you reading right now ?

Post by anniecalef »

Currently reading The Burglar by Thomas Perry. Lots of suspense, spiraling plot, and the dialogue is swift and sassy. Elle, the story's protagonist is easily cheered on, even though her chosen profession is that of a thief.
Couldn't put it down and read it in a day! :tiphat:
Anthony__
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 459
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anthony.html
Latest Review: Its Saddest Sound by Pirjo Marjut Vega-Brandt

Post by Anthony__ »

I just finished "who told you that you were naked by Combs"
Gigareads
Favorite Author: Morgan Matson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gigareads.html
Latest Review: The Dream Keepers by Linda Keen
fav_author_id: 4123

Post by Gigareads »

I have just begun reading The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen.
spellbindingstories
Currently Reading: Across the Universe (Across the Universe #1)
Bookshelf Size: 22

Post by spellbindingstories »

I'm currently reading Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo! Its good so far, but I prefer the first book in the series so far.
Heather En
Currently Reading: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heather-en.html
Latest Review: Marrying a Playboy Billionaire by H M Irwing

Post by Heather En »

hi, happy new year y'all. Am currently reading Once upon a Duke by Erica Ridley.
WINNIETL47

Post by WINNIETL47 »

Good Morning Everyone...
I am currently reading Ruth Bader Gingburg A Life
desareedany
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-desareedany.html
Latest Review: "Yesterday" by Samyann

Post by desareedany »

I am reading a book called The Beach House right now by Mary Alice Monroe. I'm more than halfway through it which is why I now feel like I can give an honest opinion of it. It was a little slow in the beginning. It didn't really capture my interest until it finally heated up more than 100 pages in. There were a few hints in the beginning of what was to come but they were so small and far apart that I kind of forgot about them until it finally happened. Now I'm excited to see what happens not just with the main character but with the rest as well.
Latest Review: "Yesterday" by Samyann
Delightsome
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 76
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-delightsome.html
Latest Review: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD

Post by Delightsome »

Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks: A Physician's Advice by Dr. Tavel
wordslinger42
Currently Reading: The Lost Road and Other Writings
Bookshelf Size: 669
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wordslinger42.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by wordslinger42 »

I'm currently reading Inheritance by Christopher Paolini. I'm also reading The History of the Hobbit by John D. Rateliff for a readalong with fellow Tolkien lovers on Litsy!
Swat3737
Favorite Book: Mists of avalon
Currently Reading: Good Omens
Bookshelf Size: 631
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-swat3737.html
Latest Review: Sherlock and I A Memoir of Medical Mysteries in a US Rural Practice by Frederick Kassis, MD

Post by Swat3737 »

I just read The Death of Mrs. Westaway by Ruth Ware and LOVED IT!!!! It was the kind of murder mystery that felt very Agatha Christie, lots of suspicious characters and potential twists. Now I'm reading Fates and Furies by Lauren Groff, I really love her writing style, very unique language and beautiful phrasing.
"One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Carli212
Currently Reading: If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's

Post by Carli212 »

Hello! I just finished rereading the Twilight Series, for probably the 6th time :shhh: I am now currently reading "If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your Buts" by Mark L. Wdowiak. A review on this one soon to follow...
lil_carrie34
Currently Reading:

Post by lil_carrie34 »

I am currently reading The Cats Came Back (Magical Cats series) by Sofie Kelly on my Kindle and listening to Cat Raise the Dead (a Joe Grey Mystery) by Shirley Rousseau Murphy. I usually don't read/listen by theme, but for some reason, I am on a cat mystery kick this month! I just finished reading Shelter in Place by Nora Roberts (definitely a must read for all Robertsons!) I really enjoy audio books since I have a long drive to work, and they keep me awake. Sometimes I will sit in my car after I get where I am going and keep listening because I am so enthralled by the story it's hard to turn it off (much like not putting down a good book when it becomes intense!) Thanks for your post! It's interesting to see who else is reading what and maybe snag some titles to add to my "read me!" list! :D
Bookenthusiast23
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookenthusiast23.html
Latest Review: Winning the War on Cancer by Sylvie Beljanski

Post by Bookenthusiast23 »

Letitia30 wrote: 28 May 2009, 07:59 Currently reading The Secret by Rhonda Bryne
If you enjoy that book you'd probably like the book I'm currently reading. I found it from this website and I'm going to do a review for it. It's called If your Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your Buts. I'm not really a fan so far, but I'm also not a fan of The Secret.

A book I'm currently reading for fun is Wise Man's Fear, which is the sequel to The Name of the Wind, Very good series if you like fantasy.
Redlegs
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Lord of the Rings
Bookshelf Size: 300
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-redlegs.html

Post by Redlegs »

Next up is a classic children's book by E. (Edith) Nesbitt, in fact two books in one edition - The Enchanted Castle and Five Children and It
So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.

The Great Gatsby, F Scott Fitzgerald
joanng72

Post by joanng72 »

I am reading Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Coast Trail by Cheryl Strayed

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”