What are you reading right now ?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
FictionLover
Favorite Book: If life stinks get your head outta your buts
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 149
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fictionlover.html
Latest Review: Winning the War on Cancer by Sylvie Beljanski
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Re: What are you reading right now ?

Post by FictionLover »

Redlegs wrote: 31 Jul 2018, 22:07
FictionLover wrote: 31 Jul 2018, 20:25
Redlegs wrote: 28 Jul 2018, 23:00 I am about to start a bit of vampire action with I Am Legend by Richard Matheson.
"I am Legend" is a classic. But maybe not what you would expect? I really loved it.

Richard Matheson went on to become a very successful screenwriter.
I enjoyed it very much too. The movie was on TV recently, and I have recorded it to watch now that I have finished the novel.
The movie is good too, but a lot of it is changed from the original message of the book.
"I love reading another reader’s list of favorites. Even when I find I do not share their tastes or predilections, I am provoked to compare, contrast, and contradict. It is a most healthy exercise, and one altogether fruitful." T.S. Eliot
CJHeigelmann
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by CJHeigelmann »

I am currently reading Milk and Honey by Rupi Kaur. Really interesting so far!
juliamenez
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliamenez.html
Latest Review: Mistress Suffragette by Diana Forbes

Post by juliamenez »

Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat
Raya raymond
Currently Reading: One for the Road
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raya-raymond.html
Latest Review: Triumph Over Tears by Nava Chernoff

Post by Raya raymond »

david17589 wrote: 19 May 2009, 07:04
jenniwhittaker wrote:I am always interested in what people are reading right now.... I always read something for fun and something to learn from.

Just finished 'The Great Gatsby' for fun, and 'The Little Book Of Thrift' to learn from.

Both were under $20 and both were fab reads.
im just reading the sun paper right now, im not much of a book reader but i would like to get into it as i need to increase my vocab :twisted:
I feel you. on the improving vocab part. hehe
Raya raymond

Post by Raya raymond »

I'm reading Ripcord recovery for the second time. It's intriguing.
Raya raymond

Post by Raya raymond »

Currently Ripcord Recovery
juliamenez
Currently Reading:

Post by juliamenez »

Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat
Redlegs
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Lord of the Rings
Bookshelf Size: 300
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-redlegs.html

Post by Redlegs »

I am about to start The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt, winner of the 2014 Pulitzer Prize.
So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.

The Great Gatsby, F Scott Fitzgerald
tochicat
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tochicat.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by tochicat »

WARNING!: SPOILER!
Angle of Repose by Wallace Stegner

I think I'm currently reading about 5 books haha. The thing is I get so immersed in books I read that they can get too emotional or too nerve wracking, or too frustrating, or just too drab for me to keep going. So I set them aside and move on to another one; and come back later.. or just keep flitting in between like some kind of fairy when any one of them becomes too much for me.

Anyway. Enough about me. The book I'm currently hovering over is Angle of Repose by Wallace Stegner. It's an absolutely beautiful book, what a professional critic would probably call 'masterful'. Wallace Stegner is after all considered one of the most talented modern Western writers. I'm currently at the point where Susan and Oliver have just moved to Santa Cruz. But I'm a little irritated with Susan at the moment, a little tired of how she constantly compares herself to her best friend Augusta. Even though I can completely relate. I suppose when I'm ready to face her indecisive mentality (that is perhaps too much of a reflection of my own) again I'll go back to it. Hopefully it's soon, because I'd very much like to move on to another book.
Redlegs
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Lord of the Rings
Bookshelf Size: 300
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-redlegs.html

Post by Redlegs »

tochicat wrote: 03 Aug 2018, 06:35 WARNING!: SPOILER!

I think I'm currently reading about 5 books haha. The thing is I get so immersed in books I read that they can get too emotional or too nerve wracking, or too frustrating, or just too drab for me to keep going. So I set them aside and move on to another one; and come back later.. or just keep flitting in between like some kind of fairy when any one of them becomes too much for me.

Anyway. Enough about me. The book I'm currently hovering over is Angle of Repose by Wallace Stegner. It's an absolutely beautiful book, what a professional critic would probably call 'masterful'. Wallace Stegner is after all considered one of the most talented modern Western writers. I'm currently at the point where Susan and Oliver have just moved to Santa Cruz. But I'm a little irritated with Susan at the moment, a little tired of how she constantly compares herself to her best friend Augusta. Even though I can completely relate. I suppose when I'm ready to face her indecisive mentality (that is perhaps too much of a reflection of my own) again I'll go back to it. Hopefully it's soon, because I'd very much like to move on to another book.
Stick with it - it's a great book. Also try Crossing To Safety by Stegner.
So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.

The Great Gatsby, F Scott Fitzgerald
tochicat
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tochicat.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by tochicat »

Redlegs wrote: 03 Aug 2018, 08:01
tochicat wrote: 03 Aug 2018, 06:35 WARNING!: SPOILER!

Stick with it - it's a great book. Also try Crossing To Safety by Stegner.
I read that two books ago! Straight through to the end as soon as I picked it up. An amazing read, made me cry several times. Haha.
CatlynnHighlights
Currently Reading: Infinite Jest
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-catlynnhighlights.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by CatlynnHighlights »

I'm currently reading The Zodiac Killer (a book with a name that implies terrible things but is actually great).
Nomad21
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Nomad21 »

Hey there,

I just finished reading Origin by, Dan Brown. It was an amazing read by him ( as always), I highly recommend. I also just started reading an Ebook called Superhighway (Superhighway Trilogy Book 1) by, Alex Fayman. It's pretty good so far. :)
dbulkley
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dbulkley.html
Latest Review: Seer by Larry Austin

Post by dbulkley »

The Haunted Forest Tour by James A. Moore and Jeff Strand. This one is absolutely fantastic! If you love horror novels you will love this one. More than halfway done and I love it!
Latest Review: Seer by Larry Austin
juliamenez
Currently Reading:

Post by juliamenez »

Just started World Incorporated!

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”