What are you reading right now ?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Sariel88
Currently Reading: Demon Freaks
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reading Device: B00I0FT792

Re: What are you reading right now ?

Post by Sariel88 »

I am reading Demon Freaks by Jim Hardison. I have only started reading it today but the story has promise. This is also going to be my first attempt at a review on this site so I hope all goes well. The only horror comedy books I have read before were a couple of manga series, so I am interested in how horror aspects will be used in this novel.
gen_g
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 1984
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gen-g.html
Latest Review: The Diary That Will Change Your Lives Forever by Georgios Zelelidis

Post by gen_g »

I am currently reading stone circle, by Kate Murdoch. It is proving a good read so far.
LMLL
Favorite Book: Fabulous Finn
Currently Reading: Then We Sailed Away
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lmll.html
Latest Review: The Buried Secrets of Peonies by Mernegar Dorgoly

Post by LMLL »

Gannon wrote: 19 May 2009, 00:17 Hey there. :) Just finished reading "The white tiger" by Aravind Adiga (bit disappointing). Am now reading "Moby Dick" and "Midnight's Children".
I enjoyed Midnights Children when I read it a few years ago. It seems to be a book that people either enjoy or hate.
LMLL
Favorite Book: Fabulous Finn
Currently Reading: Then We Sailed Away
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lmll.html
Latest Review: The Buried Secrets of Peonies by Mernegar Dorgoly

Post by LMLL »

I'm new here and it is nice to skim through this thread and see that I have so much in common with a lot of the people here :) I've just finished Fabulous Finn by Dave Wardell, Finn is a Police dog in the UK who almost lost his life when a criminal attacked him and his handler with a knife. As a result his handler is working to change the law in the UK. The book though is the authors memoirs and he lays bare a lot of his emotions, which of course add to the readers investment and enjoyment of the book. I'm following that with another dog orientated book Finding Gobi, but need some fiction stimulus as well, so, I've finally signed up here and I'm hoping to find a great read!
emelizabeth
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by emelizabeth »

Right now I am reading "Suicide Notes" By Micheal Thomas Ford. It is about a 15 year old boy named Jeff who wakes up in a mental hospital two days after trying to commit suicide. This book takes him on a 45 day program journey as he discovers who he really is and why he actually wanted to slit his wrist on New Years eve night. I HIGHLY recommend the book! It does not contain actual suicide notes, just the thoughts of a suicide survivor and how glad he is that his parents found him before it was too late. It does have some sexual sections so it is definitely a young adult book. But the book is hilariously written and wonderfully put together!
faceadventure
Currently Reading: Randy Love...at your service
Bookshelf Size: 131
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faceadventure.html
Latest Review: Demon Freaks by J.R.R.R. (Jim) Hardison

Post by faceadventure »

I'm reading The Secret by Rhonda Byrne and it's interesting so far even though I usually don't like these kind of books.
Julia_sharanik

Post by Julia_sharanik »

I've just finished "Before I fall" for Lauren Oliver and I am now reading "nemesis" for Christie Agatha
millyweb19
Currently Reading: Gulliver's Travels
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-millyweb19.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by millyweb19 »

I am reading Peter Pan ahead of my Late Victorian/Early Edwardian exam next week!
Dan_A
Currently Reading: Be strong
Bookshelf Size: 177
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dan-a.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Dan_A »

I am reading Lady Desire by Darcy Burke, a free ebook. It's about romance and treasure hunt and secret society.
Aly88
Currently Reading: The Voice of the Night
Bookshelf Size: 23

Post by Aly88 »

I'm reading Taltos by Anne Rice right now. It's the third book in her "Lives of the Mayfair Witches"
Lgs1089
Favorite Book: The Buried Secrets of Peonies
Currently Reading: Of Illusions and Ink Spills
Bookshelf Size: 131
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lgs1089.html
Latest Review: Long Distance Flyer, G-EBFO. ISBN 978-1-78222-456-3 by Kenneth T Ward
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Lgs1089 »

Makena Mugendi wrote: 19 Apr 2018, 00:57 I am reading The Iliad by Homer now. It is really long, so I'm reading it along with other, shorter books.
I am also reading Dark Obsession by P.J. Fox.
My English teacher in high school once told me that to truly be literate, one must read three things: The Iliad, The Odyssey, and the Bible. There are so many allusions to these books present throughout so many other works. I wouldn't cram these books in one sittin', but it would be beneficial to read a chapter or so a day.
L.G. Stewart
"Pour yourself a drink, put on some lipstick, and pull yourself together." :wine:
allysoncormier
Currently Reading: The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A f*ck

Post by allysoncormier »

I am reading The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck by Mark Manson. Amazing motivational book!
Also Sleeping Beauties by Stephen King, a long novel but I can't put it down, has a little science fiction twist to it!
Goldsten591
Currently Reading: Becoming the Dragon
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Goldsten591 »

I am personally reading "Becoming the Dragon" and "Words of Radiance." I have been on a fantasy kick as of late. I just recently joined, and hope to be introduced to new great authors and books.
Aly88
Currently Reading: The Voice of the Night
Bookshelf Size: 23

Post by Aly88 »

I just started Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn. So far so good
Jillpillbooknerd
Currently Reading: Apollo's Raven
Bookshelf Size: 1908
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jillpillbooknerd.html
Latest Review: One Way or Another by Mary J. Williams
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Jillpillbooknerd »

I'm currently reading One Day This Will Matter by Scaachi Koul which I have checked out from the local library.

I just finished two non-fiction books which were both very good, although very different. The first one was called Spooky Florida by S.E. Schlosser all about spooky ghost stories in Florida (where I live). The second one was called Mistress Ruby Ties It Together by Robin Shamburg about a woman who was a dominatrix for a year or so. While both books were great I think I preferred Mistress Ruby as a whole. Some of the stories in Spooky Florida I had already read so it was just meh for me.

Happy reading everyone!

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”