What are you reading right now ?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
aseguradojaicel
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: What are you reading right now ?

Post by aseguradojaicel »

I am currently reading Call Me By Your Name. Just saw the film and fell inlove!
jaylperry
Currently Reading: Final Notice
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jaylperry.html
Latest Review: The Polygrapher by Dohn Jagster (Pseudonym)

Post by jaylperry »

I'm still reading Fire And Fury by Michael Wolff, and I've just started reading Cathy Estabrook's personal finance book Living On Less & Loving It!.

I'm reading Wolff's book for fun and Estabrook's book for learning.
“A book, too, can be a star, ‘explosive material, capable of stirring up fresh life endlessly,’ a living fire to lighten the darkness, leading out into the expanding universe.”
– Madeleine L’Engle
rebeccav
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 212
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rebeccav.html
Latest Review: "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon

Post by rebeccav »

I am starting to read the Welcome to Nightvale novel It Devours. It is based on a podcast that I listen to of a quirky, loveable cthululithic town. Not scary, just fun.
Latest Review: "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon
akhutchison22

Post by akhutchison22 »

I just finished Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake. I will be starting the second book in the series soon and can't wait! I really liked it.
freemantle04

Post by freemantle04 »

I'm reading Agatha Christie's Poirot's Early Cases. It's a re-read :)
Sakilunamermaid
Currently Reading: Ready Player One
Bookshelf Size: 481
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Sakilunamermaid »

Kitten wrote: 26 Jun 2009, 10:39 Currently reading "Wicked" by Gregory Maguire. I really wanted to see the play when it was in town but unfortunately missed it. I am finding the book an interesting take on the origins of the Wicked Witch of the West and will most likely be checking out some of his other Fairly Tales for adults.
I really enjoyed Wicked, its so refreshing to see another side to a story. The musical is so good!
amberlauber1995

Post by amberlauber1995 »

I am currently reading Lovely Bones.
Sakilunamermaid

AcousticHarriet wrote: 26 Jul 2009, 15:19 I'm currently reading my sisters keeper by Jodi Picoult.
It is truly amazing.
I hate the fact i saw the film before i read the book, but i thought i'd give the book a try anyhow.
And its amazing, so different from the film! I can't put it down! :D
I saw the movie first too haha The book was a good beach read for me. I was also reading Dear John and PS I Love you around the same time. Really enjoyed them all.
Sakilunamermaid

freemantle04 wrote: 18 Jan 2018, 18:07 I'm reading Agatha Christie's Poirot's Early Cases. It's a re-read :)
I have to read the classic murder mystery books, they look so amazing.
Sakilunamermaid

Redlegs wrote: 22 Dec 2017, 02:55
gali wrote: 22 Dec 2017, 02:30
Redlegs wrote: 20 Dec 2017, 20:36 Next up is Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea by Jules Verne (1869).
First time? I have read it and loved it. Enjoy!
Yes, first time. The only Verne I have read previously is Journey to the Centre of the Earth, and I really enjoyed that. So far, so good with this one. I read a lot, but it still amazes me how many classics I haven't read yet.
I am right there with you, I looked through the top 100 books you should read in your lifetime and I have only read about 10 of them haha
Sakilunamermaid

Amystl26 wrote: 12 Dec 2017, 13:53
Pearlib2017 wrote: 25 Nov 2017, 08:25 Hi, I'm a newbie here. I found this post and thought it interesting so here I am. I've just finished reading a classic book by Oscar Wilde, The Portrait of Dorian Grey. It's quite an interesting book. I'm currently on the verge of finishing my current find, Body of Evidence, from the Scarpetta Series by Patricia Cornwell.
I have The Portrait of Dorian Gray sitting on my bookshelf! I bought a collection of works by Oscar Wilde while visiting bookstores in Boston. How'd you like?! I have never read any of his work but I've been drawn towards the classics lately so there it sits on my bookshelf just waiting for me to pick it up!

Happy reading! :techie-studyinggray:
I myself went and did a major haul of classic novels, definitely have to read The Portrait of Dorian Grey. I enjoyed the movie but we all know that books are a very different animal and are typically better than their movie counterparts.
Kieran_Obrien
Currently Reading: Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kieran-obrien.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Kieran_Obrien »

Currently reading my first Michael Chabon book, The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay. What I thought was going to be a wacky story about comic book writers in the 1940's actually turns out to be a very complex book about WW2, sexuality, the meaning of art, family, and so much more. Only halfway through, I really need to find the time to blitz through the last few hundred pages!
Rosemary Wright
Bookshelves Moderator
Favorite Author: Sydney Sheldon
Favorite Book: Spanky
Currently Reading: Culture Man
Bookshelf Size: 689
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosemary-wright.html
Latest Review: Gods Whisper Always Near by Sharon Williams
Reading Device: Android

Post by Rosemary Wright »

I'm reading 'Unbalanced' by Courtney Shepard. It's a romance novel, but it's full of thrilling actions.
Mr Benji
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mr-benji.html
Latest Review: Dynomike: Pay It Forward by Frankie B. Rabbit

Post by Mr Benji »

It is my Holy Bible.(KJV)
Yours sincerely,
Bok48.
Dani8385
Currently Reading: Twisted Threads
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Dani8385 »

I'm reading The Life of Elizabeth I by Alison Weir, which is excellenty researched and written. I'm also reading Veil of Time by Claire R. McDougall, because books in the highlands are always good.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”