In which other way do you express your love for books?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Vickyoreo86
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =118626">A Court of Wings and Ruin</a>
Currently Reading: The Sword of Shannara
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vickyoreo86.html
Latest Review: Cover Your Tracks, Leona Leitman by C. S. Johnson

Re: In which other way do you express your love for books?

Post by Vickyoreo86 »

generally forcing books I love on to all my friends and talk about them non stop...heated debates when we don't feel the same (good naturedly of course :D )

I join discussions of the books I love to talk about why they gave me the feels. But mainly, I keep them in my mind and heart and feel changed by them. Because in my mind, a good book changes you a little.
“We make choices everyday, some of them good, some of them bad. And - if we are strong enough - we live with the consequences.”
― David Gemmell
Cowgirl888
Currently Reading: The 13th Demon
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cowgirl888.html

Post by Cowgirl888 »

I express my love for books by buying them for gifts for friends and family. I also lend out books as much as possible to those that have the same interest as I do...mysteries/thrillers/suspense.
LivreAmour217
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Too many to count
Favorite Book: Ditto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 294
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-livreamour217.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by LivreAmour217 »

Aside from reading, Iike to discuss books and encourage and encourage others to read. I also enjoy writing reviews for this site! :D
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - Albert Einstein
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

I think I express my love simply by reading whenever possible. Second to that, I have tried to get my husband to enjoy books as much as I do. I have succeeded somewhat, but he's not quite as enthusiastic as I am.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Fran
Favorite Author: David Mitchell
Favorite Book: Anna Karenina
Currently Reading: Hide and Seek
Bookshelf Size: 1208
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fran.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 3104

Post by Fran »

When I walk by my books shelves I run my hand along the spines and when I'm feeling down I hug one of my particular favourites :romance-grouphug:
We fade away, but vivid in our eyes
A world is born again that never dies.
- My Home by Clive James
Deliza
Favorite Author: Christine Feehan
Currently Reading: Solaris Seethes
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-deliza.html
Latest Review: "Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1)" by Janet McNulty
fav_author_id: 2573

Post by Deliza »

With the amount of novels I inhale, it doesn't take long for the people around me to figure me out. And then there is my tendency to recommend and lend a novel. I'm proud to say that I've gotten quite a few hooked on my favorite series or just on reading. (My siblings weren't inclined to romance, although that may be changing for my sister.)
Other than that, I tend to join sites and add to discussions that interest me, usually sites of my favorite authors...this is my first online club.
As a teacher...a math teacher...I help out the English department with their book auctions, buying and donating.
And there are the crazy ways I express my 'book-love'. Not sure if I should mention them...wouldn't want the site administrator to decide I was nuts and boot me out. LOL. But I clear-plastic cover my favorite soft covers, and might caress a book or two after a fantastic read.
Latest Review: "Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1)" by Janet McNulty
Spontaneo
Favorite Book: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-spontaneo.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by Spontaneo »

I have donated books to the library in the past...

Also, if I like a book enough, I will buy extra copies to give to friends.

:)
You Only Grow Old If You Want To
Elle Howard
Currently Reading: If life stinks get your head outta your buts
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elle-howard.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White
Reading Device: 1400698987

Post by Elle Howard »

I have a love of bookmarks. I like to give them away and I like to relieve them. It is jewelry for my books.
Any book that helps a child to form a habit of reading, to make reading one of his deep and continuing needs, is good for him.
–Maya Angelou
Star88
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-star88.html

Post by Star88 »

I will try to keep my books look like they are new. I also like to discuss the, with friends and family.
Helga_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8

Post by Helga_ »

-I don't hesitate to say "My hobby is reading". Some people seem to think reading doesn't sound fly or cool enough for anyone's hobby, but I.don't.care.

-I browse and read closely blogs or Twitter messages about books. This makes me feel I'm not alone in this book fever. In real life, I find almost no one around me who loves books.

-I talk to my mom about books I've read and start conversations that can lead to her talking about her reading. I wouldn't say she's an "avid" reader, but she's been reading a lot more recently.

-I came across this book titled Happy People Read and Drink Coffee and purchased it right away :D

-I often buy literary magazines, hoping they continue to survive in the market where very few do.

-I go to "book cafes". *I don't believe the term is used in many other countries. But I'm sure you'll get the idea: cafe+small library.
TheWriteAngel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 174
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thewriteangel.html

Post by TheWriteAngel »

Discussing them with other bookworms, gifting book to friends and family and encouraging more people to take up reading. Becoming a book reviewer was one of them.
Gingerbo0ks
Currently Reading: All the Crooked Saints
Bookshelf Size: 168
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gingerbo0ks.html
Latest Review: "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Gingerbo0ks »

I have a bookstagram. An Instagram where I show my love of books by partaking in photo challenges with other users. I'm not the best photographer at all but that's not really why I enjoy it. It's just fun to share with other like minded people.
"One must always be careful of books, and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us.”
― Cassandra Clare, Clockwork Angel
Latest Review: "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon
Mailis
Currently Reading: The Employee Millionaire
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mailis.html
Latest Review: There and Back There Again by Andrew Alsup
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Mailis »

I buy them for myself and for my kids and my husband and my friends, I hoard them, I keep them in good condition, I review them, I recommend them, I keep on building shelves for them and I read them. A lot.
Divya Tamilselvan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-divya-t.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer
Reading Device: B086KCQX95

Post by Divya Tamilselvan »

I make my own book shelf and decorate it with lightings. I make my own book mark. I keep my books and my book shelf neat and tidy. I talk about the books I have read with my friends.
Amna Khalid
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amna-khalid.html
Latest Review: Duplicity by Fin C Gray

Post by Amna Khalid »

I tell about the books to my friends. Mostly, I take photos of books and story it on Instagram.
Amna Khalid

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”