How often do you read?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Bryden_Searle
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bryden-searle.html

Re: How often do you read?

Post by Bryden_Searle »

I read every day, and it is a rare occurrence when I do not do so. On those occasions when I have skipped a day, there is a void of resounding emptiness.
ebeth
Currently Reading: The Color of Destiny
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebeth.html
Latest Review: "Audiobooks.com Book of your Choice" by Audiobooks
Reading Device: B0097BEFA4

Post by ebeth »

I read everyday. If I do not have time to read everyday I read for at least 1/2 hour to an hour in the evenings before I go to bed.
Latest Review: "Audiobooks.com Book of your Choice" by Audiobooks
anonymousit2016

Post by anonymousit2016 »

For me, reading and writing are critical elements in my life.
mcm1113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mcm1113.html

Post by mcm1113 »

I read almost every day. Sometimes I miss a day here and there because of things outside of my control but it is my goal to read every day.
Ripley3131
Favorite Author: S.E. Sasaki
Currently Reading: reunion in death
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ripley3131.html
Latest Review: "Nightlord: Sunset" by Garon Whited
fav_author_id: 21099

Post by Ripley3131 »

I read often. I find that I go through periods of "binge" reading too, like I can't get enough and there isn't enough hours in the day to fit life and all the books that I want to read. I'll often be reading two and three different books at a time, depending on my mood. Occasionally, like now, I get stuck on one book and can't seem to put it down very easily. I am reading Roan and finding it difficult to pull away from.
Latest Review: "Nightlord: Sunset" by Garon Whited
Jennifer Allsbrook
Favorite Book: Nightlord: Sunset
Currently Reading: An American Hedge Fund
Bookshelf Size: 133
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-allsbrook.html
Latest Review: Audible Book of your Choice by Amazon

Post by Jennifer Allsbrook »

I try and read something for fun almost every day. As an educator, I read often for work but I have to have my down time and reading is my mechanism of escape and relaxation from the hectic business of everyday life. I have only read two books over the Thanksgiving holiday so far. One was a re-read of a sexy story that I knew to be very good. Now on to my "to read" list and some more book reviews!
Last edited by Jennifer Allsbrook on 26 Nov 2016, 22:59, edited 2 times in total.
me+roscoe

Post by me+roscoe »

usually every day
DATo
Previous Member of the Month

Post by DATo »

Jennifer Allsbrook wrote:I try and read something for fun almost every day. As an educator, I read often for work but I have to have my down time and reading is my mechanism of escape and relaxation from the hectic business of everyday life. I have only read two books over the Thanksgiving holiday so far. One was a re-read of a sexy story that I knew to be very good. Now on to my "to read" list and some more book reviews!
@Jennifer Allsbrook

You have {{{only}}} read two books ..... {{{so far}}} ... over the Thanksgiving holiday. Sheeeesh!

People like you and @Fran make me feel so inadequate! I have only managed to get through about 1/3 of a book I have been reading over the holiday. In my defense I can only say that this particular book puts me to sleep on average about every two pages.
“I just got out of the hospital. I was in a speed reading accident. I hit a book mark and flew across the room.”
― Steven Wright
Jennifer Allsbrook
Favorite Book: Nightlord: Sunset
Currently Reading: An American Hedge Fund
Bookshelf Size: 133
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-allsbrook.html
Latest Review: Audible Book of your Choice by Amazon

Post by Jennifer Allsbrook »

You have {{{only}}} read two books ..... {{{so far}}} ... over the Thanksgiving holiday. Sheeeesh!

People like you and @Fran make me feel so inadequate! I have only managed to get through about 1/3 of a book I have been reading over the holiday. In my defense I can only say that this particular book puts me to sleep on average about every two pages.
DATo - I have had Tuesday night through Sunday night off. Being a teacher, I have more time off during certain holidays than most folks. I hosted my family Thanksgiving so had to spend time cleaning my house and preparing food. Last year, I read the first two books in the Outlander series which are much longer than the measly 200-300 page books that I read this year!
carol_klavon
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... Goddess</a>
Currently Reading: The Future Has An Ancient Heart
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by carol_klavon »

I read a lot of different genres--among my favorite types of stories are historical fiction, though I definitely shy away from the romantic stories. And among those, I especially enjoy reading from an unusual perspective. For instance, when I was in elementary school (many years ago), I had the Scholastic Reading Book which, among other exciting stories, had an account of the volcanic eruption at Pompei, from the POV of a stray dog, who was trying to bring a type of raisin bread treat to a boy he had befriended, but was in fact caught in the ash, preserved for all time, with the bread STILL in his mouth. I believe I was in the 4th grade when I read that story. It was so heartbreaking, and I could imagine it so vividly...
S Davis
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 120791">Me and Emma</a>
Currently Reading: Nightlord: Sunset
Bookshelf Size: 153
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-s-davis.html

Post by S Davis »

I would like to read every day but I have this need when I start a book to do nothing but read until it's finished. I still cook and take care of my family but things like laundry and cleanings take a backseat. I now try to limit my reading to 2 books a week, this gives me days between for cleaning, laundry and my business in between.
kc2514

Post by kc2514 »

I read just about everyday when I can.
Yelbrab56
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Yelbrab56 »

I read daily as it is like breathing for me. I read an average of 3 hours daily and of course only on my Kindle.
messina1104
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 872
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-messina1104.html
Latest Review: Final Diagnosis by J. T. Madicus
Reading Device: B00L89V1AA

Post by messina1104 »

I tend to read in spurts. I'll alternate between catching up on TV shows and reading. If there is nothing on TV that I want to watch, but my family is still watching I'll sometimes read while they watch their shows. That way we're still all together, but I don't have to pay too much attention to what's on. It takes a bit of practice and only works with easier reads. Something that I need to really focus on usually requires going into a separate room.
Pam966
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pam966.html

Post by Pam966 »

I read every single day, and have done so since I was a little girl--that is lots of years :D .

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”