Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
- Posts: 194
- Joined: 08 Mar 2018, 09:52
- 2018 Reading Goal: 100
- 2018 Reading Goal Completion: 23
- Favorite Book: Desire
- Currently Reading: Daisies and Dragon Slayers In The Equator
- Bookshelf Size: 128
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-1ditzyrn.html
- Latest Review: Genesis (The Infinity Series, Vol.2) by Bellamy Westbay
- Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
I've always been a reader. We traveled a lot when I was a child and I would entertain myself on the long car trips with a stack of books. It is a hobby that has continued on into adulthood.
- Posts: 134
- Joined: 05 Jul 2018, 18:17
- Currently Reading:
- Bookshelf Size: 36
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zarah.html
- Latest Review: Superhighway 2 by Alex Fayman
My parents bought me lots of books growing up so I spent a great amount of my time reading. So I guess I've always been a reader, just haven't realized it until lately.
- Posts: 102
- Joined: 30 Sep 2018, 12:59
- Currently Reading:
- Bookshelf Size: 54
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sweetp120.html
- Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer
Yes I was. In my childhood my parents had to actually take my books away and ground me to the outside. In the 2nd grade I was reading at I believe 5th and 6th grade reading levels, however I wasn't able to choose what books I wanted to read so I started acting out, and purposely failing my reading quizzes. apparently the teacher told my mother I was stupid and needed testing done to see if I needed help. once my mother pointed out she was making the wrong choice of forcing me to read books below my personal reading level the teacher realized I was in no way stupid and she recanted her statement. even my year and a half of college was dedicated to becoming an English teacher, but now with a 9 month old baby who was born premature I stay home. I was struggling with what to do with myself until I found this site and this community. Thank you guys for being here!