Were you always a reader?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Scerakor
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 315
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scerakor.html
Latest Review: Gaslighting & Narcissistic Abuse Recovery: by Don Barlow

Re: Were you always a reader?

Post by Scerakor »

I have pretty much always been a reader. I have grown up around people reading all of the time, being read to, and generally reading all of the time. I am proud to try and pass that along to my kids too!
Jackie Levy
Currently Reading: Solaris Seethes
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Jackie Levy »

I have always enjoyed reading especially during my longer groundings but that really wasn't why I read I love reading it just helped the time pass
csimmons032
Favorite Author: Stephenie Meyer
Favorite Book: Twilight and The Last Song
Currently Reading: Bluewater Walkabout
Bookshelf Size: 706
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-csimmons032.html
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
fav_author_id: 2594

Post by csimmons032 »

Yes, I have been hooked on reading ever since I was in elementary school. I didn't enjoy school much, and reading and drawing got me through the day.
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
thecrescendo
Currently Reading: The Mystery Of Flight 2222
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thecrescendo.html

Post by thecrescendo »

I wasn't much of a reader until 6th grade when suddenly everyone started bringing books to class and they talked about how fun it is to read. After that, I asked for a book of my own and now, here I am
Christina O Phillips
Currently Reading: Oz
Bookshelf Size: 1326
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christina-o-phillips.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Christina O Phillips »

I've always been a reader. I remember when I was punished that sometimes my mom would take my books away!
queeennnkatie
Currently Reading: Bared to You
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-queeennnkatie.html

Post by queeennnkatie »

I was reading the second I started learning to talk. I loooved reading, but today I can't find much books that interest me.
"Sometimes you lose a battle. But mischief always wins the war."
- John Green, Looking for Alaska
gregs317
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by gregs317 »

I remember reading since elementary school. I thank my mom for encouraging my brother and I in that area. At least a few times when the weather was nice, she would gather my brother, myself and a couple of neighbor kids, and we would walk over to the public library to borrow s book or two.
Coni
Currently Reading: If I Break
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reading Device: B004DLPXAO

Post by Coni »

Growing up, I wasn't a reader. I enjoyed graph doodles etc. As an adult, I came to appreciate the great escape books offer so I began to read in phases. As long as the book has my attention, I'm hooked till the end! Don't you hate it when there isn't another book when you reach the end of a good series.
Manang Muyang
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 686
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Manang Muyang »

Yes, I have always loved books and reading. I have to say my father taught me to love reading as he was an avid reader too. I remember his collection of Reader's Digest editions which we still have to this day. I think the oldest edition was in 1957 yet when my dad was still single.
Storygamer88
Currently Reading: The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time
Bookshelf Size: 365
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-storygamer88.html
Latest Review: "A Town Called Gonefor" by Wesley Cris
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Storygamer88 »

I've had phases of it. As a child, I liked to read a lot up til the end of elementary school, then kinda slowed in middle school, mainly reading comics. In HS and college, I almost completely stopped reading for fun except during summers maybe. Then after college, I picked it back up and haven't looked back since then.

I think one thing that put me off reading was time and another was school making me takes notes and forcing me to read books I disliked. Thank goodness I can pick all my books now. Read over 150 books since graduating :)
Hi all. I like board games, card games, video games, books (especially children's books and mysteries), stories, cartoons, anime, manga, light novels, animation, and other light-hearted, fun things. Feel free to message if you want to chat!
Latest Review: "A Town Called Gonefor" by Wesley Cris
IsabelMay
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3761
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-isabelmay.html
Latest Review: "Anna's Journey" by Gerald Miller

Post by IsabelMay »

I started reading frequently before high school. It's a bit late, but there weren't many interesting books to read before that as children books outside those provided in schools weren't very accessible. Still, from the day I went into the library, I feel like it's my another home there.
Latest Review: "Anna's Journey" by Gerald Miller
JanieReads
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-janiereads.html
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami

Post by JanieReads »

I actually just asked my mother the other day when I started reading like I do! I don't even remember not loving to read. She told me I really got hooked in the second grade and she was always having to take me to the library a few times a week to get a new book! It's a passion I'm hoping my daughter picks up as well!
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami
Darakhshan Nazir
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-darakhshan-nazir.html
Latest Review: "Twisted Threads" by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Darakhshan Nazir »

NO .. When someone used to talk about book , readers & stuff . I was like ' What makes you feel like you should read 500 pages ??' .... And then the bell rung , he he , Around two years ago I read my first book 'Forty rules of love' though I left it uncompleted , found it interesting .... And that's where it all started ....
Do Read And Comment On My Latest Review!!
Latest Review: "Twisted Threads" by Kaylin McFarren
NikkyT
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nikkyt.html
Latest Review: "My Trip to Adele" by A.I.Alyaseer, R.I.Alyaseer
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by NikkyT »

I can't ever remember not reading, when I was a child if I didn't have a torch at night time I'd stand by the window and use the moon and street lights to read or sit behind my closed bedroom door and use the light under the door from the hallway. My Dad used to go mad at me lol
Latest Review: "My Trip to Adele" by A.I.Alyaseer, R.I.Alyaseer
Ivan L
Currently Reading: Wrath
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ivan-l.html
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole
Reading Device: B00OTWPS52

Post by Ivan L »

I used to hate reading. It got so bad that my mom used to pay me to read. I used to get $5 per 100 pages I read or so. But then I started going through books at such a pace she couldn't afford to keep paying me. I could read a 600+ page book in under 24 hours. Eventually I found books I liked and got into reading them on my own. Now I read things like The Gentleman Bastards, The Broken Empire, The Tapestry, The Summoner Series, Halo books, etc.
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”