Were you always a reader?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Kovna Louis
Bookshelf Size: 12

Re: Were you always a reader?

Post by Kovna Louis »

Was I always a reader ? OMG ! Yes ! Since I was a very young child, books have been like magnets to me. When other little girls were in love with their dolls and other games, I was falling deeply in love with books. At school, my favorite place to be (after the classroom) was the library. And almost every week, my mom had to buy me a new book or I would spare my own money to buy one or two new books. :?
raikyuu
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =3079">The Republic</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 95
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raikyuu.html
Latest Review: Who killed Chatunga? by Muvhaki Tasu

Post by raikyuu »

I played video games when I was a kid. I only started reading books when my girlfriend influenced me to be a reader. While I can't put down the console yet, I never stopped reading ever since.
Storygamer88
Currently Reading: The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time
Bookshelf Size: 365
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-storygamer88.html
Latest Review: "A Town Called Gonefor" by Wesley Cris
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Storygamer88 »

I think so. Its varied in phases. As an elementary schooler, it was a lot of picture books and chapter books, then graphic novels and magazines as a preteen and teen, then some more varied tastes. I've had other hobbies like watching TV series and gaming too though, but reading has always been pretty central to me.
Hi all. I like board games, card games, video games, books (especially children's books and mysteries), stories, cartoons, anime, manga, light novels, animation, and other light-hearted, fun things. Feel free to message if you want to chat!
Latest Review: "A Town Called Gonefor" by Wesley Cris
Pm7lucas
Currently Reading: The Girl Who Knew da Vinci
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pm7lucas.html
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami
Reading Device: 1400699169

Post by Pm7lucas »

I can't ever remember a time that I wasn't a reader. My parents read to me every chance they got and I just kept on! I was an only child, so reading really became my favorite activity.

Paula :D
"I think therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami
Shireks Nancy
Currently Reading: My Trip to Adele
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shireks-nancy.html
Latest Review: "Can I Be Frank?" by Rob Wyatt

Post by Shireks Nancy »

I started reading when I was five, I did not have many books, I would read anything I could find, including books written in languages I did not understand.
Latest Review: "Can I Be Frank?" by Rob Wyatt
Dh_
Favorite Author: Alex Flinn
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 714">Carry On</a>
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dh.html
Latest Review: "Nobody Cares Who You Are - The Life and Times of Aceman, A Widespread Panic Roadie" by Larry Acquaviva
fav_author_id: 4010

Post by Dh_ »

I started reading in the 4th grade, and I got to the point where I was obsessed and it was all I did. I stopped in middle school and then started again in high school, when I realized that I loved to read and I shouldn't have stopped.
Latest Review: "Nobody Cares Who You Are - The Life and Times of Aceman, A Widespread Panic Roadie" by Larry Acquaviva
EDDY OKOTH
Currently Reading: My trip to Adele
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by EDDY OKOTH »

since i jone online boook review had been always reading now and then and can body say i enjoy reading

-- 22 Jul 2017, 16:34 --

nowadays i enjoy reading
Ama Idim
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ama-idim.html
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty

Post by Ama Idim »

Yes, I was and I think I was more of a reader then than now. When knew how to read, my mum got me my first set of books and I developed the habit of reading.
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
Osuma
Currently Reading: Ruby's Choice
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Osuma »

I Was Born In A Family Of Readers ,my Dad My Was A Politician 'But He Love's Reading ,so That How I Got Attached To It! Because Each Time ,i Go To His Book Store Room I Away See Different Kinds Of Book! So There Was A Day He Show Me Sniking To His Book Store ,so When He Followed Me There! He So Me With A Book reading ,since Den He Started Motivating Me! Each Time He Going Out' He Will Buy Book For Me! To Cut The Story Short Am A Graduate With A Second Class Upper And A Book Whriter!
Shrabastee Chakraborty
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Warramunga's War
Currently Reading: Timewise
Bookshelf Size: 1148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shrabastee-chakraborty.html
Latest Review: The Infinite Passion of Life by D.J. Paolini

Post by Shrabastee Chakraborty »

As far as I can remember, I was a reader. I owe this to my mom who, with the hope of inculcating the reading habit in me, used to make me read the comics published in the newspaper as soon as I learned my letters. The result was this- I read not only books, comics and newspapers, but also graffitis on the wall and the shop names on the awnings. However, the habit stuck to me and now I am a bibliophile!
kjs237
Currently Reading: Sleeping Beauties
Bookshelf Size: 231
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kjs237.html
Latest Review: Roadmap to the End of Days by Daniel Friedmann

Post by kjs237 »

Ever since I learned the words in the first grade books about Dick, Jane, Sally, Spot and Puff. I remember the very first book I realized I could read. It was all about Sally's teddy bear named Tim. I knew all the words and I was completely fascinated. From then on, I read ahead and taught myself so that I could read harder books. Now I always have a book I'm reading. I have no idea how people who never read maintain sanity.
Mely918
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mely918.html
Latest Review: I'm Going to Kill that Cat by F. Della Notte

Post by Mely918 »

I've always been a reader. Ever since I could remember, I always had my nose stuck in a book. I remember during school I would sometimes stay late in the classroom just looking through my teachers' bookshelves to find my next book to read. :lol:
Ronaponka
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Ronaponka »

Ive been a reader for about hmm ... Since i was elementary and stayed at the library and been awarded as the book worm. Until now even though social media conflicts i still read books with my interest especially horror books and investigations excites me .
thaservices1
Favorite Book: Nightlord: Sunset
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thaservices1.html
Latest Review: ChatGPT for Entrepreneurs by Steven A. Ridder

Post by thaservices1 »

Yes I have always been a reader, as long as I can remember anyways.
"It is not the critic that counts..."
- Roosevelt
Brittany J
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brittany-j.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Post by Brittany J »

I absolutely loved reading as a child. Then I got to high school and the required reading and endless annotating destroyed my passion. Luckily, a few years later I bounced back and have been reading ever since.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”