Were you always a reader?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
HarneetB
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =5840">The Princess Bride</a>
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harneetb.html
Latest Review: "Dodged Bullets" by Lynn Sutton

Re: Were you always a reader?

Post by HarneetB »

I think the first time I read a book was in kindergarten, I've always been fascinated with the idea of being able to lose yourself in a whole new world, with different character's and personalities. Even as a young child, I loved reading Robert Munsch books, I loved looking at the pictures they were always so beautiful and colourful. Slowly I started read books with less pictures like Junie B Jones, The Bailey School Kids, The Magic Treehouse series.Then slowly I began expanding my horizon and started reading more longer novels.
Latest Review: "Dodged Bullets" by Lynn Sutton
markopolo1
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-markopolo1.html

Post by markopolo1 »

Despite severe dyslexia, I've always been a reader- I consider myself pretty lucky that way!
Yannah
Currently Reading: The Infinite Sea
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yannah.html
Reading Device: B01CJU8FV4

Post by Yannah »

Ive been always been fascinated by books. I started getting books that mostly has a lot of information and pictures like Almanacs, books with facts, books like Ripley's believe it or not. I just recently started reading chapter books/fiction books, and so far I love it
kimi_mahajan
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kimi-mahajan.html

Post by kimi_mahajan »

I started reading books when my father used to buy story books for me when I was young. I developed interest since then and shifted to novels when I grew up.
MarteenReadsBooks
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... vergent</a>
Currently Reading: The Female of the Species
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marteenreadsbooks.html

Post by MarteenReadsBooks »

No, I wasnt always a reader until 6th grade
MrsRay
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrsray.html

Post by MrsRay »

I have been a reader since I was 4 years old. I was actually reading before kindergarten. I loved Sesame Street! As I went through school I always looked forward to library day. I love stories. As I got older I began to appreciate non-fiction books more.
MarisaRose
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 665">Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban</a>
Currently Reading: The Family Upstairs
Bookshelf Size: 435
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marisarose.html
Latest Review: The Magic Shard by eelonqa K harris
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by MarisaRose »

I have always been an avid reader! I attribute much of this to my parents. Growing up, I was always read to before bedtime. I remember this as the best part of my day growing up. When I was 7 years old, my dad read The Hobbit to me, followed by The Lord of the Rings trilogy (it took almost a year to finish!). This is by far one of my favorite childhood memories. Parents should definitely take time to read to their kids!!
Makht73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-makht73.html
Reading Device: B00BWYQ9YE

Post by Makht73 »

I first learned i was reader in high school and then stopped reading for a while when i was a new mom. I have been reading for years. I find it is my own get away. When I'm reading nothing else exists.
WonderDame
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wonderdame.html
Reading Device: B00TSUGXKE

Post by WonderDame »

Yes!!! I have been a reader my entire life. My mom has always said every since I was little I have always had my Jose in a book. I am completely addicted to the written word.
easy_dc13
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-easy-dc13.html
Latest Review: A Trace of Revenge by Lyle Howard

Post by easy_dc13 »

I guess I could call myself a reader since I was little. I didn't really dislike or opposed it but I wasn't hungry for it either. It just isn't much of a chore for me and I could read at a better pace than most of my peers while still being able to comprehend the information.
Wasif Ahmed
Favorite Author: J.K. Rowling
Currently Reading: The Face of Fear
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wasif-ahmed.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley
Reading Device: B00THRCA6E
fav_author_id: 1778

Post by Wasif Ahmed »

No.... I was more like a outdoor kid during my childhood.
When people say you've changed, it just means that you have stopped living your life, their way.
Genaaa
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-genaaa.html
Latest Review: "A Messiahs Battle For The Human Realm" by Roberto Torres Rivera

Post by Genaaa »

I've liked books for as long as I can remember. Not really prior to like fourth grade though as that's when I found books that I liked more than usual.
Latest Review: "A Messiahs Battle For The Human Realm" by Roberto Torres Rivera
ebeth
Currently Reading: The Color of Destiny
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebeth.html
Latest Review: "Audiobooks.com Book of your Choice" by Audiobooks
Reading Device: B0097BEFA4

Post by ebeth »

Yes I always have been. When I was younger I always had someone reading me a book when I couldn't read. Than I just jumped into it as I got older. When going to college I backed off for awhile but every year kept getting more into it.
Latest Review: "Audiobooks.com Book of your Choice" by Audiobooks
jamesabr
Currently Reading: The Gulf
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jamesabr.html
Latest Review: "Adam Exitus" by Nicholas Abdilla
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by jamesabr »

I have always been a reader. This is mainly due to the fact that my parents first taught me to read as soon as I was able to speak. They read books with me and read books to me as a child, so I always associated reading with my comfort zone, which is a warm and cozy place to retreat when I don't feel happy. :techie-studyingbrown:
Latest Review: "Adam Exitus" by Nicholas Abdilla
triplem80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-triplem80.html

Post by triplem80 »

Absolutely. I literally don't remember a time when I couldn't read, and I generally preferred reading to just about anything else. There have been periods in my life when I didn't read as often, but books have always been an important part of my life.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”