What book do you reread the most?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Lopermann88
Currently Reading: The Stand
Bookshelf Size: 8

Re: What book do you reread the most?

Post by Lopermann88 »

The book I’ve reread most often is probably The Outsiders, because it had such an impact on me the first time I read it as a kid. Also, I’ve probably read the Star Wars Thrawn Trilogy ten times because its narrative is at least as good as the original trilogy’s and far superior to the prequels or the current set of stories. I still think they should have made it into a movie trilogy instead of what we’ve seen in the last few years.
Poet0113
Currently Reading: The Lightning Theif
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reading Device: B01LYLAALJ

Post by Poet0113 »

It would have to be the Harry Potter Series. I can't help but want to relive it over and over again. It reminds me of my childhood.
Amystl26
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amystl26.html
Latest Review: The Sparrow by Denna M. Davis

Post by Amystl26 »

awelker wrote: 16 Apr 2007, 20:49 i could never get into this book. i read up to the 6th chapter and just put it down i dont know if i was to young at the time or what but i think that i might try again in the coming months.
It's funny what picking up a book that uou once disliked at a younger age is like. The first time around you hate it, the second time... it becomes your favorite! I was like this with Gone With The Wind!
Amystl26
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amystl26.html
Latest Review: The Sparrow by Denna M. Davis

Post by Amystl26 »

Butterflybookworm wrote: 08 Dec 2017, 02:21 I think the book that I probably reread the most is The Stand by Stephen King. Most books I have found I can just read on my kindle but this one I enjoy the most when I can physically turn the pages. I enjoy watching the mini series that it was based off of too. I really recommend it!
Ohhh and such a long one! But so is Gone With The Wind, which is my reread favorite. I have The Stand sitting on my bookshelf, but have yet to pick it up! I just got through the Dark Tower Series so I need a mini-King break :)
Kimber72
Currently Reading: Blood Fury
Bookshelf Size: 8

Post by Kimber72 »

Archer's Voice by Mia Sheridan.
It is such an under rated book,absolutely beautiful,amazing story,great characters and so sweet it will make you reach for your Kleenex.
Catia
Favorite Book: Godsgrave
Currently Reading: The priest of blood
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-catia.html
Latest Review: Pancake Money by Finn Bell
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Post by Catia »

Dracula by Bram Stocker. It's a 1976 Italia edition, paperback. Worth a few pennies but inestimable for me. I found it while cleaning out our old house, it belonged to one of my aunts or uncles, I asked but no one knew exactly who bought it or how it came to be there, between old school books.
It was my first horror story and I literally fell in love with it, I think I was 12 or 13 years old when I read it for the first time. Of course back then I didn't get all the facets of the story.
Probably this is a reason why I keep rereading it, there is always something new and it keeps giving me something to think about.
jrosew
Currently Reading: 11:05 Murders
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jrosew.html
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by jrosew »

Poet0113 wrote: 26 Jan 2018, 12:38 It would have to be the Harry Potter Series. I can't help but want to relive it over and over again. It reminds me of my childhood.
I’m with you on this. I reread the series at least once a year. I’ve even taken to having Steven Fry narrating them to me as background noise when I’m home alone.
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole
EWatson02
Currently Reading: The Black Swan
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ewatson02.html
Latest Review: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1) by Janet McNulty

Post by EWatson02 »

The Devil in the White City by Erik Larsen. I find out something new every single time and I cannot get over just how dark and exquisite it is.
re_sa_me
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by re_sa_me »

Purple Hibiscus by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie. It's about a Nigerian girl, Kambili, raised by a religious fanatic of a father. He dishes out harsh punishments to anyone who goes against the Catholic doctrine. His wife is not excluded as he batters her and kills her unborn babies, yearly. His son, Jaja, is not left out too. He cut off one of his fingers for not getting it right. The book tells us about Kambili's life and how she learned to come out of the shell her father put her in.
Roggyrus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 114
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roggyrus.html
Latest Review: Chrome Mountain by Ben Schneider

Post by Roggyrus »

There is no doubt in my mind, the book I get to read over and over again is the Holy Bible.
Although technically speaking, I could not reread it in a strict sense. The book is comprised of so many complete "books" in themselves, that as always, the case is that I open an entirely new book. For indeed, the Old and the New Testament present a new interesting book each time. So, I could only honestly say that I have reread a book if it happens to be the second time around that I have opened it. Once I am through with all the books, then all the readings I would do henceforth would be rereading.
RayWoolford
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by RayWoolford »

The must read book and ebook for 2018, is *Liberty* ,
this tells the amazing true story of Kath Duncan a Scottish school teacher and activist whose campaign to establish civil rights in 1930s Britain and her period in jail , paved the ground work for the National Council civil Liberties.
Human314
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-human314.html
Latest Review: Fish Wielder by J.R.R.R. (Jim) Hardison

Post by Human314 »

I read Great Expectations every year.
brunettebiblio
Currently Reading: Final Notice
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brunettebiblio.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin

Post by brunettebiblio »

Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli has always been one of my favorites. It's a sweet story and since it's short it's easy to get through quickly.

Also the Harry Potter series, especially since so many new editions keep coming out (the illustrated editions, the house-themed editions, etc.)
AbbyGNelson
Currently Reading: Heir to the Empire
Bookshelf Size: 839
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abbygnelson.html
Latest Review: Asa's Gift by Isaac Green

Post by AbbyGNelson »

There are some books that I love enough to read more than once, but I don't have a book that I read every single year. Might be a fun new thing to do though.
P0tt3ry
Favorite Book: The Dresden Files
Currently Reading: The Reel Sisters
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-p0tt3ry.html
Latest Review: Ironbark Hill by Jennie Linnane

Post by P0tt3ry »

I read The Lilies of the Field by William Barrett annually. At least once a year, the four books in the Morgaine Saga get reread because Cherryn is a wonderful world builder.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”