What book do you reread the most?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
prhyme
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prhyme.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Re: What book do you reread the most?

Post by prhyme »

Virginia woolf's "To the lighthouse", Edgar Allan poe,"Morella". Literally every story ever writtwn by Edgar Allan poe
"Lock up your libraries if you like;but there is no gate,no lock,no bolt that you can set upon the freedom of my mind."
-Virginia Woolf
MuthoniMuriithi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-muthonimuriithi.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest

Post by MuthoniMuriithi »

Not once can I reread Summer Breeze by Catherine Anderson.
ROMANS 8:31
What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?
amsula_2018
Favorite Book: Angels & Demons
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amsula-2018.html
Latest Review: The Traveler's Best Seller by Rick Incorvia

Post by amsula_2018 »

I always reread da Vinci code by Dan Brown. I love the details and the fast paced story telling.
"If you can't reduce your argument to a few crisp words and phrases,
there's something wrong with your argument." ~ M. Saatchi
Lori Boyters
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Lori Boyters »

The Bible of course.
Europeandescent1
Favorite Book: How to win friends and influence people
Currently Reading: The Coronation (Erast Fandorin Mysteries, #7)
Bookshelf Size: 62

Post by Europeandescent1 »

Once in a while I am rereading the books from my youth. One of them is One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez. I am still trying to understand the details of his sophisticated thinking. I read Hemingway once in a while also to make sure that I did not miss anything.

Approximately, once in 10 yeas I read La grande Meute by Paul Vialar. It was written in French. I read it in Russian. I did not find an English translation. It provides an interesting view on destiny.

Janna Yeshanova
bluedragonsii
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bluedragonsii.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher
Reading Device: B01AZ8ERHI

Post by bluedragonsii »

I haven't been much of a rereader until recently. I used to read all previous Harry Potter books every time a new one came out. I started at the release of Order of the Phoenix since prior to that I had not been following the series. Then I read the Fever Series by Karen Marie Moning and started the same thing with the release of Iced. Now its the above with the exception of Harry, the Dark Hunter Series and Chronicles of Nick Series by Sherrilyn Kenyon and the Crossbreed Series by Dannika Dark. In short, I am a series rereader but only a select few. I may add more as time goes by. I think the Immortal Guardian Series by Dianne Duvall is amazing but I reached the end of those just before the new one came out.
Sharill Rasowo
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Worldlines
Bookshelf Size: 210
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sharill-rasowo.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Sharill Rasowo »

The Harry Potter series is always my go to when I need something to read. I grew up reading them and they are sort of like comfort food. At this point I can quote large parts of the book without referring to them.
Joak25
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Joak25 »

Oh I love rereading pride and prejudice
Swat3737
Favorite Book: Mists of avalon
Currently Reading: Good Omens
Bookshelf Size: 631
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-swat3737.html
Latest Review: Sherlock and I A Memoir of Medical Mysteries in a US Rural Practice by Frederick Kassis, MD

Post by Swat3737 »

I have two - The Mists of Avalon by Marion Zimmer Bradley, which I just reread last week. It's my favorite of all time, a beautiful epic, the King Arthur legend told from the perspective of the women involved. It always sucks me in to a mystical, magical time and the characters, particularly Morgaine, are so well developed that you feel they are your best friends. It's 900 pages, so I reread it about every 3 or 4 years.

And The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown, every time I read it I get sucked into the suspense with Robert Langdon again and again! This one I probably read at least every year, and then I yearn to read every one of his books over and over.
Njj101
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22

Post by Njj101 »

The books I reread the most are probably Hush hush by Becca Fitzpatrick, Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout & Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry 💕💕
Sdejardine
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sdejardine.html
Latest Review: First Family by Alice Langholt

Post by Sdejardine »

I rarely reread a book. There are just PO many good ones. If a new book in a series comes out I may skim through an older boom for catch up.
Likey
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Likey »

Sdejardine wrote: 28 Aug 2018, 23:42 I rarely reread a book. There are just PO many good ones. If a new book in a series comes out I may skim through an older boom for catch up.
I agree with you! When I grew older I also came to the conclusion that there are just too many great books to reread them. As a child I did reread Sherlock Holmes series and Ivanhoe quite a few times though.
ObsessedBookNerd
Favorite Book: Moon Called
Currently Reading: Morning Is Always Nigh
Bookshelf Size: 882
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-obsessedbooknerd.html
Latest Review: 30th Century: Escape (First Edition) by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD

Post by ObsessedBookNerd »

The Mercy Thompson series, the main female character is a badass & the characters seem realistic even though it’s a fantasy genre. The author put depth in her characters which made them seem real & relatable.
Amyb77
Favorite Book: Meditations to the other side
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20

Post by Amyb77 »

I reread Temples on the other side by Silvia Brown and A thousand names for joy by Byron Katie
Nimisha
Currently Reading: The Hound of the Baskervilles
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nimisha.html
Latest Review: The Engine Woman's Light by Laurel Anne Hill

Post by Nimisha »

The English Patient and The Diary of a Young Girl probably.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”