What book do you reread the most?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
DDunstock
Currently Reading: Casimir Bridge
Bookshelf Size: 281
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ddunstock.html
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Re: What book do you reread the most?

Post by DDunstock »

I generally don't re-read books. Although there are certainly books I'd like to go back and read again. However, I have re-read I Know This Much is True by Wally Lamb three times. It's an 800+ page book, but reading that story makes me feel like I'm going home, or something. I love that book - if you haven't read it, you should.
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon
Abfaniki
Currently Reading: Arturo Riojas
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abfaniki.html
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole

Post by Abfaniki »

I have reread " what u don't know" about five times this year. The book never fail to put a smile on my face.
desareedany
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-desareedany.html
Latest Review: "Yesterday" by Samyann

Post by desareedany »

Oh boy that would be my favorite Sarah Dessen book, Along For the Ride. I have a library copy of it that they were selling out of their stock for real cheap.
Subarna
Bookshelf Size: 185
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-subarna.html
Latest Review: "Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks" by Morton E Tavel, MD

Post by Subarna »

I don't think I have ever re-read a book. Not that I don't find re-reading interesting, but, as there are so very many books in the world- dating centuries old to modern times- re-reading might make me miss several important must-reads of all times.
Latest Review: "Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks" by Morton E Tavel, MD
SilviaP21
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-silviap21.html
Latest Review: "That Place of Knowledge" by Philip Alan Shalka

Post by SilviaP21 »

The collector by John Fowles
Latest Review: "That Place of Knowledge" by Philip Alan Shalka
desareedany
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-desareedany.html

Post by desareedany »

Sometimes I just feel like re-reading a book I love. But other times I like to read something new. So I'm never just in a loop really. Just depends on how I'm feeling at the time.
jillianjones99
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by jillianjones99 »

I have reread The Picture of Dorian Gray four times in the last two years. Two times it was for an English course in school, but the other two were because it is my favorite book. I love mystery books and this fits perfectly. Oscar Wilde is a British author and the book was published in 1890. If you like horror stories like Dracula or Frankenstein, you'll love The Picture of Dorian Gray. It keeps you on the edge of your seat and you won't want to put it down.
Pm7lucas
Currently Reading: The Girl Who Knew da Vinci
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pm7lucas.html
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami
Reading Device: 1400699169

Post by Pm7lucas »

The book I have re-read the most ever is "Conversations With God" by Neale Donald Walsch. I don't know why, but that book really speaks to me. I read it about once every six months. It's a one-sitting read, always.

Another book I have read many times, although not recently is "A Rose in Winter" by Kathleen E. Woodiwiss. This is a classic historical romance - my favorite romance ever, and I've read a TON!

One more that comes to mind that I read on a fairly regular basis is "The Historian" by Elizabeth Kostova...Vampire story extraordinaire!

Favorite books are amazingly comforting...just like old friends!
Paula :D
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami
Afuglsan
Currently Reading: The Masked City
Bookshelf Size: 5445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-afuglsan.html
Latest Review: "STARLESS and Bible Black" by Gerard DiLeo

Post by Afuglsan »

There are times when I read "Matilda" multiples times in one night. I love this book!
Latest Review: "STARLESS and Bible Black" by Gerard DiLeo
ritah
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 03345">The Darziods' Stone</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 184
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ritah.html
Latest Review: The Secrets To Living A Fantastic Life... by Dr. Allen Lycka & Harriet Tinka

Post by ritah »

For me right now - it's Gulliver's travels.
livcormwidd
Currently Reading: Raven's Peak
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reading Device: B004HZYA6E

Post by livcormwidd »

metroidhunter9292 wrote:Probably a book from the Artemis Fowl Series by Eoin Colfer, Or part of the Harry Potter Series by J. K. Rowling. I've read at least one from each more than three times a year. Hoorah for infantile reading!
This was going to be my exact answer! Amazing choice metroidhunter9292 I commend you :D
Book Huntress
Currently Reading: Fallen Thief
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-book-huntress.html

Post by Book Huntress »

Ahm Harry Potter series. It depends on my mood actually if I want to recall or to re-read a book.
Shireks Nancy
Currently Reading: My Trip to Adele
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shireks-nancy.html
Latest Review: "Can I Be Frank?" by Rob Wyatt

Post by Shireks Nancy »

I reread Romeo and Juliet the most, but that was just because I had to remember it for my final examinations,
Latest Review: "Can I Be Frank?" by Rob Wyatt
ringo5678
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by ringo5678 »

I have read Man's Search for Meaning a few times. It is incredibly inspiring and humbling. I cried this last time I read it!
Abfaniki
Currently Reading: Arturo Riojas
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abfaniki.html

Post by Abfaniki »

I like the book what you don't know (Rapunzel and Eugene) am not sure if this the title of the book and i don't know the author, but i sure love the book. I have read the book 5 times already this year.

My favorite section in the book when Eugene was about to get married to Rapunzel( cool feet).
Eugine finds him self shadowing people, just to keep himself occupied and calm. He start getting twitchy and eventually has to go track down Rapunzel anyway. He think it's best if he just avoids the tightness in his chest completely, even if it means following her like some kind of lost puppy.
he get shooed away when it's was time to for her final veil fitting. What are the chances of a veil not fitting? and what is there to alter if it doesn't? He ask the king about this, because that's who he's attached to at the moment.

The king looks up at him from across his desk and a thick pile of paperwork. "Eugene" he says "clam down" .

So Eugene is grateful when Wesley finally show up. when he's following Wes around it look like they're hanging out and he look like less of a loser. And following Wes around is a lot like following Rapunzel around in that they're both overly excited about everything

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
opinion is like ass, everyone has one and it's full of sh*t. :D :lol: :o :(

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”