What book do you reread the most?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Kerry1551
Currently Reading: Wellness Toolbox
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kerry1551.html
Latest Review: The Spirit of Want by William H. Coles
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Re: What book do you reread the most?

Post by Kerry1551 »

Harry potter series! I could read them over and over again! Always new things to pickup on. All time favourites!
_l_e_x_y_22
Currently Reading: Drums of Autumn
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-l-e-x-y-22.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by _l_e_x_y_22 »

I reread The Perks of Being a Wallflower probably the most. I discovered it and read it for the first time about three years ago and ever since then its been my absolute favorite book and I've read it about twice a year since then. No matter if I'm feeling down or happy its the perfect book for me to read to get all the feels.
JacquelineRose
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by JacquelineRose »

I'd have to go with the Harry Potter series as well. It always relaxes me when life gets stressful and chaotic. It's nice to have an "old friend" to rely on to make things better!
jennisalyons90
Currently Reading: Freefalling
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by jennisalyons90 »

The Outlander series by Daina Gabaldon. I love her style of writing and she isn't monotonous.
KaitW13
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaitw13.html
Latest Review: The Touch by Robert Flynn III

Post by KaitW13 »

I read the novel Watchers by Dean Koontz about once a year. I know the story inside and out by now, but I still love going back and reading it all over again like it’s brand new to me. I highly recommend it, and most Dean Koontz novels. He is such an amazing author.
supernatural143
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-supernatural143.html
Latest Review: The Killers Ruse by Darrin Friedman

Post by supernatural143 »

I re-read children's illustrated books to my niece and nephew. I'm a fan of romance novels, but I don't re-read them. I look for books which I have not read yet. I'm not picky, I just don't feel the thrill when re-reading.
Sky Princess
Currently Reading: The Curse of the Pharaohs
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sky-princess.html
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Sky Princess »

At least once a year, I reread Gail Carson Levine's Two Princesses of Bamarre. It's a sweet story of adventure and family, and I relate so intimately with the timid, clumsy protagonist. It reminds me to keep going, even when things seem impossible, and to keep trying at the quests my life puts me through, even if I may not be the best person for the task at hand. It's an encouragement and a relaxing, uplifting read.

I also have been rereading politically driven books leading up to next year's election. My current reread is Dinesh D'Souza's "Death of a Nation". There's so much information crammed into books like that, I feel as though the concepts the author is trying to get across can't fully be understood unless one reads the book fully at least three times. Then going through and rereading sections for study. It helps the mind really work through each point. And with so many varrying opinions on a topic like politics or religion, really understanding a person's point of view is the only realistic way to be able to artifulate and discuss your own. So informational books are something that I make a point to try and read several times over before putting it back on the shelf.
Mrichmurr
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Mrichmurr »

I never re-read my books, but I wish I did! I keep thinking I’d like to go back and re-read She’s Come Undone and This Much I Know Is True, both by Wally Lamb. I’m not sure if it was the time in my life that makes these books stick in my head, or if there really is something that I should be re-reading! 😉
Maggie Kennedy

Post by Maggie Kennedy »

I have read The Hunger Games series by Suzzane Collins at least four times. I love the story and her writing. It is one of my favorite series from high school!
Simina Dinca
Currently Reading: Idiom Attack Vol. 1 Everyday Living (Trad. Chinese Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-simina-dinca.html
Latest Review: Seven at Two Past Five by Tara Basi

Post by Simina Dinca »

One hundred years of solitude-Gabriel Garcia Márquez
MichelleWiggs

Post by MichelleWiggs »

I like rereading Sarah j Maas'sa court of thornes and roses series, bluford series and fablehaven series
paulkinyuao+

Post by paulkinyuao+ »

Moby Dick.
WHY? Because As a reminder. That mankind will always have his back propped against the wall by seemingly insurmountable obstacles. And during these times, we must ''toss our harpoons in the mouth of the whale and follow it, into the jaws to retrieve it.''
Also, Fifty shades freed. Because am single.
Nalence
Currently Reading: My Lady of Cleves

Post by Nalence »

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen is one of my favorites. It is a book I read every year at least once.
MrsVan

Post by MrsVan »

As a mom of a 6 year old I find myself reading, re-reading, and co-reading Hop On Pop. I love it! I love that I’m instilling a love of reading in my little one.
My personal favorites to re-read are Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett, any of the Dark series by J.R. Ward, and Fool by Christopher Moore. I just love good storytelling.
nikhilkrishna2003
Favorite Author: Dan Brown
Currently Reading: 281 and beyond
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nikhilkrishna2003.html
Latest Review: The Orb by Tara Basi
fav_author_id: 2452

Post by nikhilkrishna2003 »

Harry Potter series. I read it maybe twice or thrice an year. :D
Latest Review: The Orb by Tara Basi

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”