What book do you reread the most?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
TaaraLynn
Currently Reading: To Selena, With Love
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-taaralynn.html
Latest Review: Illustrated Short Fiction of William H. Coles: 2000-2016 by William H. Coles

Re: What book do you reread the most?

Post by TaaraLynn »

The Outsiders. All. The. Time. Way too many times.
"Maybe the two different worlds we lived in weren't so different. We saw the same sunset." - Ponyboy Curtis, The Outsiders
Samantha2442
Currently Reading: Farenheit 451
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samantha2442.html
Latest Review: The Life and Lessons of a Young Author by Sunayna Prasad
Reading Device: B01AZ8ERHI

Post by Samantha2442 »

I have two that I seem to always come back to: The "Shiver" Trilogy, by Maggie Stiefvater, and the "Divergent" series by Veronica Roth. For some reason I just find the characters very personable and it makes me connect to them on a better level than most novels. Also, the writing style is relaxing and I found both of these series very easy to get into and dive right into the story line. I've reread both of these series multiple times over the years. :)
mohammedriyaz
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by mohammedriyaz »

I love the Steven hawking books.
Its really good to read and
The book name is brief of the time. Yes,that book is really nice to reread because that book is helping for my invention ideas
Tfree
Currently Reading: Call Me Pomeroy
Bookshelf Size: 65

Post by Tfree »

The two books I re-read most are "The Art Of Possibility" by Ben and Rozamund Zander, and "Essential Spirituality" by Roger Walsh.
maryculverflint
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19

Post by maryculverflint »

The power of now by Eckhart Tolle
Chi_pego
Currently Reading: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chi-pego.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by Chi_pego »

Any Human Heart by William Boyd.
Tamorie Hargro
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Billy Summers
Bookshelf Size: 168
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tamorie-hargro.html
Latest Review: Teardrops by Helen Burger
Reading Device: B083JVJQH4

Post by Tamorie Hargro »

I generally find myself rereading or wanting to reread, when I have the time, Leonard's Shadow by Christopher Grey. I read it when I was much younger and could absolutely never forget it; so I'd just reread it for the heck of it sometimes. :techie-studyingbrown:
J.K. Rowling - Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban wrote:Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light. 🔥
AzureSkye300+
Reading Device: B00G2X1VIY

Post by AzureSkye300+ »

Strangely I reread Twilight. The books were good and I read them long before the movies ever came out...I wasn't at all enamoured with the people they chose for the main characters in the movies and they never really do the books justice. I had read the Harry Potter Series before they were movies as well and although it was visually beautiful, they left out some essential elements that should have been addressed.
hadizasalisu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hadizasalisu.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by hadizasalisu »

Its a close tie between the little prince and what to say to a naked elf, :eusa-think: now that I've mentioned them I feel like one big heart screaming love is everything!
kgloving

Post by kgloving »

I rarely read books more than once, but recently re-read Time Enough for Love and Stranger in a Strange Land, both sci-fi novels by Robert Heinlein. Re-read Jonathan Livingston Seagull again because the author, Richard Bach, added a fourth part after barely surviving a plane accident in 2012.
julessawyer
Currently Reading: The Lost Continent
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julessawyer.html
Latest Review: Randy Love...at your service by Shay Carter

Post by julessawyer »

To kill a mocking bird by Harper Lee. Although the theme of racism was really devastating, I love how the children in the books makes sense of the kind of hate they are witnessing. I also love Atticus Finch. He is fantastic.
Makenna Murphy
Currently Reading: The Little Prince
Bookshelf Size: 52

Post by Makenna Murphy »

It's not uncommon for me to read a book twice; if the thought never occurs to me, that means the book was unimpressive - or horrifying. The books I've reread the most are The Voyage of the Dawn Treader by C.S. Lewis and Bridge of Birds by Barry Hughart. Perhaps not with the prescribed timing of It's a Wonderful Life or Groundhog Day, but I do read them both at least once a year.
Shadi432
Currently Reading:

Post by Shadi432 »

I've read the entirety of the Percy Jackson books by Rick Riordan probably somewhere around 7 times now. I love the comedic elements used to make the characters likeable and the way Rick Riordan cleverly explains why the world of the Greek Gods is intertwined in society and no mortals ever notice it. I love reading it and pretending I don't know what'll happen, or consider what'd happen if a situation ended differently or just laughing at the same old joke. (Totally worth the read if you haven't read it already)
Omnie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by Omnie »

The Roald Dahl series. The jokes never get old. :D
efa2009
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16

Post by efa2009 »

master of the game by sidney sheldon

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”