What book do you reread the most?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Ayanasirch
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: What book do you reread the most?

Post by Ayanasirch »

There are some books you cant just read them once. They deserve to be read over and over again. I love 'the alchemist' and have read it almost four times this year.
Arizona0
Currently Reading: The Temple of My Familiar
Bookshelf Size: 52

Post by Arizona0 »

I reread Cassandra Clare's Mortal Instruments and Infernal Devices series every time a new book for the series was about to be released. Not only because I didn't remember all of the smaller details, but, also because they were amazing books for me when I was in high school. They really let my imagination run wild, and encouraged me to be more expressive.
I've stopped reading her books though, I feel like maybe I've just grown out of them of maybe I'm just taking a break.
brian_mariboti19
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by brian_mariboti19 »

The Materese countdown by Robert Ludlum.
The story is captivating from the first page, each chapter gives you the urge to learn more.
Cswrawr
Currently Reading: El Conde Karlstein
Bookshelf Size: 1011
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cswrawr.html
Latest Review: Isabella's Painting by Ellen Butler

Post by Cswrawr »

I've reread A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett roughly once a year since I was 8 or 9. The first sentence feels like coming home after a long trip.
JuliaKay
Currently Reading: The Black Witch
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliakay.html
Latest Review: I Am Not Gog by Matthew James Hunt

Post by JuliaKay »

The only book aside from stories that I read and reread to my children, is The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas. I have always loved the complexity of Edmond's character and the creativity of the writing.
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, said Jojen. The man who never reads lives only one.”
― George R.R. Martin, A Dance with Dragons
Heidi Finger
Favorite Book: The Expected One
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heidi-finger.html
Latest Review: Four Funny Potatoes! by Len Foley

Post by Heidi Finger »

I have reread the book The Expected One by Kathleen McGowan several times. I love the twist on what we know as written history.

I just had my first review published. So exited! it was on the book Yesterday by Samyann.
janny55

Post by janny55 »

I regularly reread The Alchemist and The Count of Monte Cristo .

The Alchemist is my go-to when I feel unmoored. It's an easy read, but profound, and it always manages to get me to think about some aspect of my situation in a more nuanced way.

Monte Cristo is just such a great, engrossing, fun book and, frankly, reading it makes me feel accomplished. Dumas is masterful and this is my favorite of his works.
Laura Ungureanu
Favorite Book: The Book Thief
Currently Reading: The Guardians of Erum and the Calamitous Child of Socotra
Bookshelf Size: 1392
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laura-ungureanu.html
Latest Review: Love and Marriage by Arthur Hartz

Post by Laura Ungureanu »

I always reread "The book thief" and the "Harry Potter" series. It gets me back on being a kid and I remember everything I felt when I first read them.
Allie_L
Currently Reading: The Name of the Wind
Bookshelf Size: 25

Post by Allie_L »

I have reread both the Harry Potter series by JK Rowling and The Outsiders by SE Hinton at least 7-9 times, it's really hard to keep track at this point.
Eileen R
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Currently Reading: Toni the Superhero
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eileen-r.html
Latest Review: Manifesto for a Cancer Patient by Colleen Huber, NMD

Post by Eileen R »

Harry Potter by J. K. Rowling. I've probably read the book a hundred times by now but it never gets old
tanya shukla
Currently Reading: Opaque
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tanya-shukla.html
Latest Review: Gates to Tangier by Mois Benarroch

Post by tanya shukla »

Diary of Anne Frank, I must have read it atleast 20-30 times
Lgs1089
Favorite Book: The Buried Secrets of Peonies
Currently Reading: Of Illusions and Ink Spills
Bookshelf Size: 131
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lgs1089.html
Latest Review: Long Distance Flyer, G-EBFO. ISBN 978-1-78222-456-3 by Kenneth T Ward
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Lgs1089 »

I reread The Yellow Wallpaper by Charlotte Perkins Gilman frequently. For some reason, I'm sure only a psychiatrist would be able to explain, it's alluring to observe the narrator's steady descent into hysteria. Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov is another favorite that becomes more captivating with each read. Lolita is abhorrent and taboo; yet because of its forbidden nature, extremely enticing.
Thebookstealer
Currently Reading: Fish Wielder
Bookshelf Size: 18

Post by Thebookstealer »

Rick Riordan's Mythology series: Percy Jackson and the Gods of Olympus,The Heroes of Olympus, The Trials of Apollo.
Seriously, I'm so crazy about his books that I consciously try to forget what they are about so I can reread them.... :muahaha:
I recommend them for teenagers all over the world!
I didn't like the Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard trilogy though.. :cry:
derdoug

Post by derdoug »

I have read The Princess Bride by William Goldman numerous times. It was the first book I have actually started laughing out loud while reading it. I like the back story of the characters that are missed in the movie as is often the case.

I love the tongue in cheek humor. I like that it has a different style as the author is supposedly telling a historical tale and interjecting with commentary. I found some of the differences refreshing but to avoid spoilers I will leave it that is non traditional as a fairy tale.
becsimpson
Currently Reading: Ringo and the guardians of the waterfall
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-becsimpson.html
Latest Review: The Wall by Some Guy

Post by becsimpson »

Catcher In The Rye!
Latest Review: The Wall by Some Guy

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”