What book do you reread the most?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
pastorlarry
Favorite Author: E.E. Isherwood
Currently Reading: First Wave
Bookshelf Size: 37
fav_author_id: 84150

Re: What book do you reread the most?

Post by pastorlarry »

I reread The Black Company series by Glen Cook and the Foundation books by Isaac Asimov just about every year. For some reason, these books draw me in time and again like no others.
Shrabastee Chakraborty
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Warramunga's War
Currently Reading: Timewise
Bookshelf Size: 1153
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shrabastee-chakraborty.html
Latest Review: The Infinite Passion of Life by D.J. Paolini

Post by Shrabastee Chakraborty »

Any book from the Harry Potter series. When I am feeling down, I seek refuge mostly in fantasy books, and no books can compete with my childhood and teenage love- Harry Potter books. No matter how rough a day I had, or how drained I am feeling, HP books never fail to cheer me up, never. It is just like - "After all this time?- Always."
Aquilis
Favorite Author: Terry Pratchett
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aquilis.html
Latest Review: A Kingdom Forgotten by Charles W. McDonald Jr.
fav_author_id: 2791

Post by Aquilis »

When I was a lot younger I'd often reread 'The Hobbit' or a book from Brian Jacques series 'Redwall'. Now though I don't tend to go back to a book but rather find something new to read when I want to, seeing as how there are so many on my digital bookcase waiting for me to start them!
Ashley Maureen
Currently Reading: Like She is in Him
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Ashley Maureen »

I reread Pearl cove and
After the darkness a Sydney Sheldon special one that I cherish especially with regard of the sculpting of a strong woman
JuliaKay
Currently Reading: The Black Witch
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliakay.html
Latest Review: I Am Not Gog by Matthew James Hunt

Post by JuliaKay »

I think the Count of Monte Cristo is the only book that I can reread and not get bored with. I feel like the story is new every time!
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, said Jojen. The man who never reads lives only one.”
― George R.R. Martin, A Dance with Dragons
lbhatters
Favorite Book: Life is Too Short to Waste and Do Nothing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lbhatters.html
Latest Review: Life is to Short to Waste and do Nothing by Gracie Curry Holman
Reading Device: B077WTB2LY

Post by lbhatters »

Scott wrote: 12 Apr 2007, 21:28 What book do you reread the most?

I reread Of Mice And Men about once or twice a year. Oddly, I usually read it when I've been feeling down for a while. The book is sad and makes me feel sad, but I guess I like to get lost in a book regardless. Plus, I usually read the book all-the-way through in one night. So, it's probably just that I want to occupy my mind for a while when I read it.

What about you?
The Holy Bible. I use it as a devotional book. But I lost a lot if faith in God years ago due to a trauma in my life. I can't think of any other book at all I've read more than once.
:techie-studyinggray: Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible.
-Fransis of Assisi

It's perfectly ok to write garbage, as long as you edit brilliantly.
-C.J. Cherryh
MarieCP
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by MarieCP »

I reread mostly children's books. However, there have been several novels that I have reread. Off the top of my head: A Confederacy of Dunces, The Rainbow (DH Lawrence), The Last Holiday (Gil Scott Heron), and countless autobiographies.
6912dirtyfeet
Currently Reading: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by 6912dirtyfeet »

the book I read the most is NKJV study bible. I read this the most because it is my daily guide, I can always find the most incredible stories ever written.
Northernbird84
Currently Reading: The Crossing
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-northernbird84.html
Latest Review: Fulfillment by ICA

Post by Northernbird84 »

It has to be The Velveteen Rabbit. I loved this from my childhood and I received a newly illustrated version for Christmas. I can't help but curl up with it every now and then. It makes my heart swell xxxx
Latest Review: Fulfillment by ICA
elinadsy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elinadsy.html
Latest Review: Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post by elinadsy »

In terms of number of times, probably the Harry Potter series, or the Skulduggery Pleasant series. But in terms of actively every so often, I reread Diana Wyne Jones' Fire and Hemlock at least once a year. I read it when I was much younger and something about it really stuck with me.
BethOLee
Currently Reading: Burn Bright
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by BethOLee »

I reread Ayn Rand's "The Fountainhead" and "Atlas Shrugged" every couple of years. I also reread "Naked in Death" by J D Robb, "Oracle's Moon" and Drago books by Thea Harrison, "Honor of the Queen" By David Weber (and other Honor Harrington books in the series), Most of Tamara Pierce's Tortall Young Adult series, the Mercy Thompson series by Patricia Briggs, Wen Spencer's Tinker series and Mira Grant's "Newsflesh" series. Plus many more.
jvez
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jvez.html
Latest Review: The Providence of Fortune by T. K. Love

Post by jvez »

I tend to reread the 'Harry Potter' series. It is the first series that I have completed, and also the only series I followed for how many years. I always get a feeling of nostalgia whenever I reread the books, or rewatch the films.
Elizabeth Pass
Favorite Book: Dealing with Dragons (Enchanted Forest Chronicles, #1)
Currently Reading: Reign
Bookshelf Size: 126
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bb587.html
Latest Review: COVIDinners by Katie M Zeigler

Post by Elizabeth Pass »

I find myself going back to my favorites a lot. Patricia C. Wrede's Enchanted Forest Chronicles, anything by Cinda Williams Chima, the Twilight Saga, and Harry Potter are all books I've read several times. I love audio books and re-listen to a lot of them. Those books include Orson Scott Card's Enderverse books, George R. R. Martin's A Song Of Ice And Fire series (each book is about 40+ hours long to listen to but I've listened to all of them several times already), Jim Butcher's Dresden Files, and the amazing Bobiverse books by Dennis E. Taylor. I'm currently injured and home a lot, laying down. I read A LOT and often go back to the ones I know will please me.
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3038
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: Disappearance by Julien Ayotte

Post by Kibet Hillary »

Nothing apart from the Bible. This is my daily food. Have to eat something daily from its pages.
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
sisterkate
Currently Reading: The Prisoner
Bookshelf Size: 23

Post by sisterkate »

Pillars of the Earth
by Ken Follett

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”