What book do you reread the most?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
ruishigan
Currently Reading: Lady Sophie's Christmas Wish
Bookshelf Size: 15

Re: What book do you reread the most?

Post by ruishigan »

The first two books of the His Dark Materials series. I've never read the third one. I keep rereading the first two to refresh my memory before I tackle the third one, but I just never get around to reading the third one.
Queatzal
Currently Reading: Tuesdays at the Castle
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-queatzal.html
Latest Review: "Diary of a Snoopy Cat" by R.F. Kristi

Post by Queatzal »

I love to reread Of Mice and Men as well as all the works of Jane Austen. While Steinbeck can be quite depressing at times, there’s something about this story that makes me feel compelled to read it again. Jane Austen’s novels always cheers me up because the characters feel like caricatures of people I actually know. Of course the time period is different but somehow the people still feel familiar. My absolute favorite reread is Anne of Green Gables. I just love the setting and the fiesty protagonist.
Latest Review: "Diary of a Snoopy Cat" by R.F. Kristi
Molly May
Currently Reading: Professor P and the Jurassic Coast
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-molly-may.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Molly May »

Guitar Girl by Sarra Manning.

My Mum gave it to me years ago because I have the same name as the main character. I was far too young and nearly everything just went over my head (fortunately). As I read the book again and again each year, I got to understand it a little bit more. It's pretty poignant but worth the ride- I mean read.
Ramatu0
Currently Reading: Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream
Bookshelf Size: 26

Post by Ramatu0 »

The Grimm it fantastic and wonderful makes me want to give my whole time to it
The Canadian Witch
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 1329">Blue Haven</a>
Currently Reading: Out of Darkness
Bookshelf Size: 322

Post by The Canadian Witch »

So far in 1st position is the Harry Potter series, aside from the last book, i have read the other ones at LEAST 12 times.

In 2nd position is Blue Haven by M. E. Barbezat, which i am reading for the 7th time this year since February.
TheGhastlyGrimoire
Currently Reading: And The Wolf Shall Dwell
Bookshelf Size: 663
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-theghastlygrimoire.html
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by TheGhastlyGrimoire »

Oddly, I don't tend to re-read books often. If I do, usually enough time has passed in between for me to forget everything that happened. So... I guess the only books I've ever re-read are Wuthering Heights and The Prisoner of Azkaban.
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole
gabbyparker5100
Currently Reading: Star Wars
Bookshelf Size: 52

Post by gabbyparker5100 »

Definitely the Harry Potter series. I’ve reread those books quite a few times and always find myself coming back to them.
N_R
Favorite Author: James Mace
Currently Reading: Happy Healing
Bookshelf Size: 193
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-n-r.html
Latest Review: Kiwi Jacks by Hairy Jack
fav_author_id: 21042

Post by N_R »

I think it would have to be - Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett...love this book
Not_half_so_happy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-not-half-so-happy.html
Latest Review: "Twisted Threads" by Kaylin McFarren
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK

Post by Not_half_so_happy »

I reread all of the books in the Eragon series by Christopher Paolini at least 5 times each book.
They go in this order if anyone is interested in trying them. It's called the "Inheritance cycle"

Eragon
Eldest
Brisinger
Inheritance

This was truly my favorite novels when I was younger and I completely urge you to read this series.
Latest Review: "Twisted Threads" by Kaylin McFarren
Whippet
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-whippet.html
Latest Review: "Bleeding Gull - look, feel, fly" by Raed Anis Aljishi

Post by Whippet »

Honestly, probably Harry Potter series because it was such a big part of my childhood and it's weird not rereading it every year like I used to. In terms of more adult books, I reread Special Topics in Calamity Physics by Marisha Pessl more than any other, trying to solve its mystery :)
Latest Review: "Bleeding Gull - look, feel, fly" by Raed Anis Aljishi
Boypnet1
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by Boypnet1 »

In the chest of a woman
A very nice book that have come accross
BnotAfraid
Currently Reading: If Nuns Ruled the World
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reading Device: B018SZT3BK

Post by BnotAfraid »

Every December I read, A Christmas Carol, by Dickens.

A 1903 edition was handed down to me from my grandmother. The book was given to her, by a teacher for Christmas, a year before she left the 8th grade.

Reading the "almost" original text, and the fun in noticing different things, such as Bob Crachet is referred to as the 'clerk' until Christmas Day, I always find it fascinating how the story has changed over the century.

Peace
Bnotafraid
SPasciuti
Favorite Author: Marissa Meyer
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 46410">The Wendy</a>
Currently Reading: Cinder
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-spasciuti.html
Latest Review: Samuel by Samuel kidstar
fav_author_id: 2388

Post by SPasciuti »

I love this!

Hands down the book(s) I reread the most are The Lunar Chronicles. I can't really pin it down to a single book since every time I reread it, I reread all four of them. In truth, I've probably reread Cinder the most, since it's the first book in the series, but my favorite to reread is Cress, which is the third.

Before Marissa Meyer, I think the book I reread the most was Eragon by Christopher Paolini. Great book and it was a huge part of my childhood.
HeatherTasker
Currently Reading: Slaughterhouse-Five
Bookshelf Size: 53

Post by HeatherTasker »

Books I physically reread most:

The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz (I've also bought every used copy I've ever seen of this and given them to friends.) Everyone needs to read this book.

Writing Down the Bones by Natalie Goldberg

Anything written by, my personal favorite, Chuck Palahniuk - known best for writing Fight Club

Audiobooks I listen to over and over:

The Passage Trilogy by Justin Cronin - even though it totals over 90 hours of listening time! It's a fantastic series and Scott Brick is such a great narrator I've purchased other audiobooks just because he's reading them!

Seveneves by Neil Stephenson because it just fascinates me!
Sonpec
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 21872">The terror</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Sonpec »

Stephen King’s The Dark Tower Series. It’s so easy to get lost in Roland’s world. There’s so much going on from one volume to the next that I find it difficult to put down once I start, and I can’t wait to read them again once I’m done.
If you’re unaware that King writes more than just horror, you should give The Dark Tower a try. The Gunslinger (#1 in the series) is a little plodding, but keep in mind that it was written in the 70’s and long before he knew he has this glorious arc of a tale to tell.
I have read all 7.5 books (7 novels + 1 short story) and multiple graphic novels in their entirety 8 times so far, and I’m looking forward to my next marathon!

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”