What book do you reread the most?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Bakemono
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Re: What book do you reread the most?

Post by Bakemono »

My most reread book is Tom Holland || Lord of the dead.
It's a historical horror novel about the poet Lord Byron.
I'm a writer of some sorts and I find that whenever I'm in a writers block reading this book helps through it.
What's even fantastic about this book is that it almost reads as poetry itself, if you allow yourself read it that way. His use of personification still gets me. Descriptions of gothic designs were spot on. Now that I think about it I'm due for a reread.
Arjeta
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by Arjeta »

I rarely reread books but when I do so it is usually The broken april by Ismail Kadare, it is about a young man who is forced to commit murder and about how the past affects the present. It is actually a really sad story, definitely one of my favorites.
JodyVamp
Currently Reading: Undone
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jodyvamp.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by JodyVamp »

I read Harry Potter probably once a year. I also try to read the last few books if not the whole series again every year when there's a new Sigma Force novel by James Rollins coming out.
crediblereading2
Currently Reading: Bitroux
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crediblereading2.html
Latest Review: SSN Seadragon by J P Ronald

Post by crediblereading2 »

The Bible.
GeekPizza
Currently Reading: The Golden Compass
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-geekpizza.html
Latest Review: Andalusian in Jerusalem by Mois benarroch

Post by GeekPizza »

I reread The Hobbit pretty much once a year at minimum. It's a long time favourite and it never ceases to be a joy to read.
sepicatt
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sepicatt.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by sepicatt »

I, too, have reread Of Mice and Men. The other one I really enjoy is Lord of the Flies. I like delving into the character development and thriller/mystery aspects of these books.
nataliecannon13
Currently Reading: An Arsène Lupin Omnibus
Bookshelf Size: 1189
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nataliecannon13.html
Latest Review: Escape by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD

Post by nataliecannon13 »

Books I read over and over tend to be books from childhood. They're comforting, you know? Though I've moved several times, I've kept Gail Carson Levine's Ella Enchanted and Marianne Curley's Old Magic with me. I love those stories and re-read them whenever I'm feeling down and/or nostalgic.
nataliecannon13

GeekPizza wrote: 01 Mar 2018, 20:51 I reread The Hobbit pretty much once a year at minimum. It's a long time favourite and it never ceases to be a joy to read.
Oh my god, The Hobbit blew my mind as a kid, but it took forever to get my own copy. I bought the movie cover version, and my partner and I are still playing tug-of-war over who gets to read it first.
T M Spark
Currently Reading: Fish Wielder
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by T M Spark »

I would have to say its a toss up between Green Rider by Kristen Britain and The Martian by Andy Weir. I could read both a hundred times over and still find something new I love about their stories.
Vlinstry
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vlinstry.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Vlinstry »

nataliecannon13 wrote: 02 Mar 2018, 13:02
GeekPizza wrote: 01 Mar 2018, 20:51 I reread The Hobbit pretty much once a year at minimum. It's a long time favourite and it never ceases to be a joy to read.
Oh my god, The Hobbit blew my mind as a kid, but it took forever to get my own copy. I bought the movie cover version, and my partner and I are still playing tug-of-war over who gets to read it first.
The Hobbit is my favourite book and the one I reread the most. Strangely I have loads of copies of it. In all different covers and three different languages. I even have the entire book on a poster!
MsHoney
Currently Reading: La travesia del Viajero del Alba
Bookshelf Size: 334

Post by MsHoney »

nataliecannon13 wrote: 02 Mar 2018, 12:59 Books I read over and over tend to be books from childhood. They're comforting, you know? Though I've moved several times, I've kept Gail Carson Levine's Ella Enchanted and Marianne Curley's Old Magic with me. I love those stories and re-read them whenever I'm feeling down and/or nostalgic.
Yes! I think I have read Ella Enchanted over 20 times. You're right-- it is just comforting. I also re-read Trickster's Choice by Tamora Pierce frequently.
ayoomisope
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayoomisope.html
Latest Review: Absolute Truth by Joab Russo

Post by ayoomisope »

Personally, I don't like re-reading books, articles, or any material. The only book I read over and over is the Holy Bible.
“Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers.”
― Charles William Eliot
nataliecannon13

MsHoney wrote: 02 Mar 2018, 17:33
nataliecannon13 wrote: 02 Mar 2018, 12:59 Books I read over and over tend to be books from childhood. They're comforting, you know? Though I've moved several times, I've kept Gail Carson Levine's Ella Enchanted and Marianne Curley's Old Magic with me. I love those stories and re-read them whenever I'm feeling down and/or nostalgic.
Yes! I think I have read Ella Enchanted over 20 times. You're right-- it is just comforting. I also re-read Trickster's Choice by Tamora Pierce frequently.
YES. I love Tamora Pierce, especially the Protector of the Small Quartet. Kel is extraordinary, and I wanted to be her when I grew up.
mamalui
Favorite Book: Trip to Adele
Currently Reading: Split Adam
Bookshelf Size: 198
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mamalui.html
Latest Review: The MECE Muse by Christie Lindor
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by mamalui »

The lovely bones. And I love the movie too..
No idea is a bad idea.

Life is what happens to you while you are busy making other plans.
Iamsofia
Currently Reading: Achieve Your Dreams
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iamsofia.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs

Post by Iamsofia »

The book that I reread the most is "An Ember In The Ashes. by sabaa tahir. That book was excellent.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”