What book do you reread the most?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Netvigator72
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netvigator72.html
Latest Review: Kindred Journeys by Marjorie Tapley-Olson

Re: What book do you reread the most?

Post by Netvigator72 »

I used to reread Nicholas Sparks books a lot.
Sln+1985
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Sln+1985 »

I love reading Hardy.His novel 'The return of the native' is my favourite.Far from the madding crowd is also very engrossing.
RetSOFguy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-retsofguy.html
Latest Review: East Wind, 2nd edition by Jack Winnick
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by RetSOFguy »

As an adult i very rarely re-read a story. But when I was younger i definitely re-read the "Tom Swift series/ Hardy boys...I do enjoy a good Science fiction tale but good history books are a welcome addition. I guess my interests are varied in the extreme.
tjportugal
Favorite Book: Lord of the Rings
Currently Reading: The Hobbit
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tjportugal.html
Latest Review: Mister Sleepy by Jane Alice

Post by tjportugal »

I have never reread a book, but I've been thinking for some time about rereading The Little Prince, by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry. I read it a while ago and I remember enjoying it.
To read or not to read? That's not even a question!
tanner87cbs
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 96
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tanner87cbs.html
Latest Review: Soul Seeker by Kaylin McFarren

Post by tanner87cbs »

I normally only read a book one time. I have so many onhand I want to read, and so many on the OBC I want to read, I feel there is no time for seconds lol. However, I have read The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein to my children MANY times. :)
Jenifer1420
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Jenifer1420 »

Scott wrote: 12 Apr 2007, 21:28 What book do you reread the most?

I reread Of Mice And Men about once or twice a year. Oddly, I usually read it when I've been feeling down for a while. The book is sad and makes me feel sad, but I guess I like to get lost in a book regardless. Plus, I usually read the book all-the-way through in one night. So, it's probably just that I want to occupy my mind for a while when I read it.

What about you?
I read the book Gopal Var the most. I have a lot of fun reading the book. This is exactly why it is possible to do now then I like to read
eliviac35
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eliviac35.html
Latest Review: Tears & Laughters by Ray R. F.

Post by eliviac35 »

I read the The Summer I Turned Pretty series at least once every year. It just gives me a sense of nostalgia, and it is one of my biggest guilty pleasures!
jdsatosk
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 133
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jdsatosk.html
Latest Review: Homecoming by Jude Austin

Post by jdsatosk »

My favorite series that I’ve read over and over is the Lioness series by Tamora Pierce! I think I just loved it so much when I was a young girl - and I love to revisit that feeling of wonder again as an adult.
jdsatosk
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 133
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jdsatosk.html
Latest Review: Homecoming by Jude Austin

Post by jdsatosk »

tjportugal wrote: 26 Apr 2020, 17:01 I have never reread a book, but I've been thinking for some time about rereading The Little Prince, by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry. I read it a while ago and I remember enjoying it.
Haha
I reread a LOT growing up! Mostly because we had a small library and not enough money to buy as quickly as I went through my books!

Now that there are such wonderful things as kindle unlimited and other services like that, I don’t reread as much.
tjportugal
Favorite Book: Lord of the Rings
Currently Reading: The Hobbit
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tjportugal.html
Latest Review: Mister Sleepy by Jane Alice

Post by tjportugal »

jdsatosk wrote: 29 Apr 2020, 12:41 Haha
I reread a LOT growing up! Mostly because we had a small library and not enough money to buy as quickly as I went through my books!
I've experienced that a couple of times, not having money to buy new books. It's a pain in the ***, especially when you need them for school.
To read or not to read? That's not even a question!
bjoly2
Currently Reading: Never Eat Alone
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bjoly2.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest

Post by bjoly2 »

I re-read Gift from the Sea by Anne Morrow Lindbergh every Spring. I received the book as a gift from my Mother-in-law after my first visit to Captiva Island, Florida, where the author stayed while writing it. The book is a beautiful reminder of the seasons of life that women specifically go through. It feels good to be able to take a step back, reflect on my life, and reset my mindset by reading it each year.
BreathofFreshAriel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-breathoffreshariel.html
Latest Review: The Survival of the Richest by Dr. Anthony M. Criniti IV

Post by BreathofFreshAriel »

I've read Peter Pan more times than any other book by far. The author's style of writing is pure magic. It reminds me a lot of my childhood also. The live-action film is also fabulous and a favorite, although the animated version is a classic.
"We don't see things how they are, we see them as we are."
- Rabbi Shemuel ben Nachmani, as quoted in the Talmudic tractate Berakhot (55b.)
BreathofFreshAriel
Currently Reading:

tanner87cbs wrote: 26 Apr 2020, 19:04 I normally only read a book one time. I have so many onhand I want to read, and so many on the OBC I want to read, I feel there is no time for seconds lol. However, I have read The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein to my children MANY times. :)
Ahh it's great your introducing your kids to Shel, I grew up on his books and I think they are unlike any other!
- Rabbi Shemuel ben Nachmani, as quoted in the Talmudic tractate Berakhot (55b.)
BreathofFreshAriel
Currently Reading:

Tavaiel26 wrote: 10 Mar 2020, 06:32 I wrote this for you By Iain S. Thomas.
And everytime I read it I find a new favorite poem.
I read this from time to time as well! There is literally a poem for every feeling and mood
WildFern
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wildfern.html
Latest Review: So You're Not Supermom....It's OK! by JN Supermom

Post by WildFern »

I reread the Beautiful Creatures series by Kami Garcia and Margret Stohl because it holds a lot of nostalgia for me. Every time I want to revisit my care-free elementary school days, I fall back into the arms of Ethan Wate and the Caster world. I will never not have a crush on the imaginary version of him in my mind (the movie Ethan is okay, but the one in my mind is better).

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”