What book do you reread the most?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Batspice
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Batspice »

I very rarely read a book more than once, the only one I can recall is The Little Prince by Antoine St Exupery, that's one that I come back to every few years to remind me that life needn't been so complicated as I make it sometimes!
NSUSA

Post by NSUSA »

I think that I accidentally read a few Stephen King novels more than once, because I hadn't realized that I had read them before until after I had already started rereading them.
Linda

Post by Linda »

re-read books drives me crazyyyyy!

even if i read a book a year after i read it the first time a little bit into my second read i remember everything that happened and i just get bored. i always just want to skip to the parts that i liked!
"I hope you can't sleep and you dream about it
And when you dream I hope you can't sleep and you SCREAM about it
I hope your conscience EATS AT YOU and you can't BREATHE without me"
booklover85

Post by booklover85 »

To Kill a Mockingbird I first read it when I was 14 and, since then, have read it 8 or 9 times. It's a good book and the older I get the more I understand the underlying themes.
awelker

Post by awelker »

Linda wrote:re-read books drives me crazyyyyy!

even if i read a book a year after i read it the first time a little bit into my second read i remember everything that happened and i just get bored. i always just want to skip to the parts that i liked!
god i am the same way. i can't reread. it drives me crazy. the only ones that i have found that can reread are the HP books.
"'Tis better to have loved and lost, Than never to have loved at all." - Alfred Lord Tennyson, In Memoriam:27

http://www.shelfari.com/awelker
BlackVeil

Post by BlackVeil »

I reread Jane Austen's novels - they have a good pace for rereading.
hnewell

Post by hnewell »

I re-read anything written by [b]Alice Hoffman[/b]. My favorite is Pr[b]obable Future and Practical Magic. [/b]
blushingmilk

Post by blushingmilk »

I actually find it difficult to reread books because I worry that I could be reading a new one!! but having said that, I cant stay away from a yearly read of:

Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis (I usually read Magician's nephew once at the beginning and then again at the end of the chronicles)
Hating Alison Ashley by Robin Klein
Heaven, and the Doppelganger series (Flowers in the Attic etc) by Virginia Andrews
Through The Looking Glass (Alice's Adventures in Wonderland Part 2) by Lewis Carroll
Remember Me and Whisper of Death by Christopher Pike
The Enchanted Wood, The Folk of the Faraway Tree, The Adventures of the Wishing Chair, and The Wishing Chair Again by Enid Blyton.

Wow...I really need to grow up. hehe :)
"If we find ourselves with a desire that nothing in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that we were made for another world."
*~ C. S. Lewis
awelker

Post by awelker »

Im actually reading Practical Magic, well not currently cuz I have been reading books for my classes. :( I miss reading for me and not for a class. Is it the summer yet?
"'Tis better to have loved and lost, Than never to have loved at all." - Alfred Lord Tennyson, In Memoriam:27

http://www.shelfari.com/awelker
Coraline

Post by Coraline »

All Harry Potter series, Little Princess, Pride and Prejudice, Angels and Demons.
CassieXO

Post by CassieXO »

The Count of Monte Cristo.
I love that book!
luukmuu

Post by luukmuu »

the series of rich dad poor dad
chicken soup for a soul :o
Midge

Post by Midge »

Coraline wrote:All Harry Potter series,
Same here, and also some James Herbert so far. But I plan to re read most of my books.
kidstaple

Post by kidstaple »

Well, I try to read through the Bible at least twice a year... Sorry if some don't consider that a book, but it is quite life altering for me. :)

Others include:

The Conqueror Worms by Brian Keene
Ghoul by Brian Keene
Bad Things by Tamara Thorne
To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee
Starship Trooper by Robert A. Hienlien
Brave New World by Aldious Huxley
1984 by George Orwell
A Song of Ice and Fire Series by George R.R. Martin

That's it for now... I know there's more, but can't think of 'em right now.

PEACE AND LOVE,
kidstaple
clarebear

Post by clarebear »

The Harry Potters, 1984, Girl, interrupted by Suzanna Kaysen ans Wasted by Marya Hornbacher are my comfort reread books.
"There must be quite a few things that a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." Sylvia Plath

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”