What book do you reread the most?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Ryan L
Currently Reading: Project Tau
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ryan-l.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Re: What book do you reread the most?

Post by Ryan L »

The book that I reread the most is Ender's Game. The way Orson Scott Card develops and shapes his characters is fascinating to me. In addition to that, the plot is intriguing and intricate. Every time I read it, I always have a different take on the numerous moral dilemmas that the book has. The book just never gets old.
minahiltayyab
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by minahiltayyab »

I like to reread The Kite Runner. It's my favorite book.
sevencrows
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sevencrows.html
Latest Review: Daisy's Run by Scott Baron

Post by sevencrows »

Matilda by Roald Dahl and The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman, because they were both childhood favorites and I love going back into that headspace.
NovaFly
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-novafly.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by NovaFly »

Yes, Hitchhikers and Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency by Douglas Adams are both great ones reread! I'd say my go to book to reread is The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett.
AlexisLib
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alexislib.html
Latest Review: The Girl Behind the Wall--Edgar Allan Poe, the Girl, and the Mysterious Raven Murders by Bruce Wetterau

Post by AlexisLib »

I don't reread books! There's just too many others I want to read.

In college, I did skim books multiple times after reading them in order to write papers about them. But I don't count that.

I do occasionally reread picture books from my childhood when I come across them. My fave? Go Dog Go! Love the dog party at the end!!
AlexisLib
Currently Reading:
Latest Review: The Girl Behind the Wall--Edgar Allan Poe, the Girl, and the Mysterious Raven Murders by Bruce Wetterau

Post by AlexisLib »

[Danielle] wrote: 26 Dec 2019, 21:56 The entire Harry Potter series! I've been re-reading them constantly since I started reading them as a child.
My mom absolutely loves the Harry Potter audio books! Some of it has to do with Jim Dale's amazing narration, but I think she also finds the stories fun and soothing. She listens to them every night while falling asleep. She has even tried other books narrated by Dale but keeps going back to Harry Potter. And she didn't grow up with them of course. There's just something about them that is so appealing to people of all ages.
AlexisLib
Currently Reading:

Post by AlexisLib »

rhoadsm277 wrote: 21 Nov 2019, 17:46 I've always loved reading, and I have many favorite books including Mara Daughter of the Nile by Eloise Jarvis McGraw, which I read at least 7 times when I was a kid.

I think the first classic I ever read was Jane Eyer, but I also like Jane Austin's books.

However, my all-time favorite books are JRR Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings. I've read the series so many times I've lost count. I love the movies too, and I can recite them almost word for word. (It's a great way to get friends annoyed; not recommending you try this!)
Word for word? :o
ReadingWithEmily
Favorite Book: Caramelo
Currently Reading: Tess of the D'Urbervilles
Bookshelf Size: 15

Post by ReadingWithEmily »

I rarely reread anything, but the Dhammapada by Buddha, translated by Gil Fronsdal is better to reread than just read all at once
Pocoyo
Favorite Book: Heroes of Atlantis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pocoyo.html
Latest Review: Mister Pushkin Breaks The Ice by AC Michael

Post by Pocoyo »

My favourite book of course, 'Looking for Alaska' by John Green.
lunablue_x3
Currently Reading: Phenomenology of Perception
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lunablue-x3.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by lunablue_x3 »

Long ago I made a promise to myself that I would never read the same book twice, and that I would always be reading something new to expand my range. In the couple of years I've started to go back on my word. I reread Crime and Punishment, and Jerzy Kosinski's The Painted Bird.
Giga51087
Favorite Book: Jurassic Park
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-giga51087.html
Latest Review: Rulers of the Galaxy by Tayma Tameem

Post by Giga51087 »

Well this its a quite dificult task. y Dont ave only one favorite book. I enjoy sagas. Legacy saga, War of Gods saga, Honorverse saga, Olimpian Gods Saga are some of the books that im enjoy the most and try to read tem one time in the year al very last.
LWhite04
Currently Reading: The Seasons of the Soul
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by LWhite04 »

I think we sometimes go through phases with our rereading, and I guess I used to reread Erdrich books particularly the one "Love Medicine" I have probably read it 20 times, and then most recently it was Cold Mountain by Charles Frazier, because it is such a rich textured adventure. I haven't reread anything lately.
Dayodiola
Favorite Book: King of thots
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dayodiola.html
Latest Review: Unchecked capitalism is killing us! by Earl Rynerson
Reading Device: Adobe

Post by Dayodiola »

Think Again by Walter Sinnott-Armstrong. The book is about why, how and when should we argue. I believe the best way to learn is through argument, so I argue a lot Which makes me like this book.
Zion Mesa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zion-mesa.html
Latest Review: Business Basics BootCamp by Mitche Graf

Post by Zion Mesa »

I hate rereading books usually, it seems to lose its charm when I already know how it ends.

A few specific books have been able to hold my attention more than once though and I've read the Narnia series countless times since I learned to read. Those books are the kind that are packed with so much wisdom that they grow with you. As I get wiser I understand on another level parts that had seemed perfectly one dimensional as a child.
sarahlaks
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarahlaks.html
Latest Review: The Altitude Journals by David J Mauro

Post by sarahlaks »

Its not exactly one book but I reread all three of the Lord of the Rings.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”