What book do you reread the most?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
sarahmarlowe
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: One Second After
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 191
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarahmarlowe.html
Latest Review: The best therapy by Jim LaPierre LCSW, CCS
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Re: What book do you reread the most?

Post by sarahmarlowe »

Morrow wrote: 19 Aug 2018, 08:19 Enders Game by Orson Scott Card, its the only book I keep coming back to. I've read it about 10 times now (I rarely reread anything so it's a lot).
I've reread that one, too! But not 10 times!
sarahmarlowe
You can spend your time however you want, but you can spend it only once. :eusa-think:
sarahmarlowe
Currently Reading:

Post by sarahmarlowe »

Vickie Noel wrote: 16 Sep 2017, 03:40 Hmmm, hope I'm not the only one who hardly rereads books :( I just think I have so much on my TBR, you know... But then again, I could look at This Charming Man, Payback and Are You Afraid of the Dark again....they're my top three for now
I don't often reread books, either. I'm always ready to get into another one:)
sarahmarlowe
You can spend your time however you want, but you can spend it only once. :eusa-think:
TheRVMom
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thervmom.html
Latest Review: Undead Redhead by Jen Frankel

Post by TheRVMom »

sarahmarlowe wrote: 03 Nov 2018, 18:23
TheRVMom wrote: 02 Nov 2018, 14:20 I read a few of the Outlander series books by Diana Gabaldon every year. I can't get enough of Jaime and Claire!!!
I have thought about picking up some of these books. Do you suggest them, then?
Definitely! The series is now on television, but I wouldn't watch them until you get through the first three books or so. I'm very into time-travel, historical fiction, romance, and Scottish Highlanders (YUM!). This series has all that. I feel so immersed in that world when I read them. Every time. It feels like a vacation when I read them. Perhaps that is why I re-read them over and over. LOL!! If you are into audio-books I would listen to them instead of reading them. They are long and you definitely get your money's worth out of them. The reader does a wonderful job with accents, etc. It's a woman, but she can sure sound like a man too! Anyway, my favorite author and favorite series by far! Warning: you will fall in love with James Alexander Malcom Mackenzee Frasier.
sarahmarlowe
Currently Reading:

Post by sarahmarlowe »

dbulkley wrote: 04 Aug 2018, 12:14 I typically don't reread novels. I will reread novels in a series if there's a long time between releases of other books in the series. I have reread a few Stephen Kings books before the movie or television series comes out.
I don't often reread books, either. And, when it comes to books in a series, I'm one who likes to collect them all before I start reading. Like you, I would need to reread novels if too much time had passed between offerings.
sarahmarlowe
sarahmarlowe
Currently Reading:

Post by sarahmarlowe »

TheRVMom wrote: 03 Nov 2018, 18:31
TheRVMom wrote: 02 Nov 2018, 14:20 I read a few of the Outlander series books by Diana Gabaldon every year. I can't get enough of Jaime and Claire!!!
Definitely! The series is now on television, but I wouldn't watch them until you get through the first three books or so. I'm very into time-travel, historical fiction, romance, and Scottish Highlanders (YUM!). This series has all that. I feel so immersed in that world when I read them. Every time. It feels like a vacation when I read them. Perhaps that is why I re-read them over and over. LOL!! If you are into audio-books I would listen to them instead of reading them. They are long and you definitely get your money's worth out of them. The reader does a wonderful job with accents, etc. It's a woman, but she can sure sound like a man too! Anyway, my favorite author and favorite series by far! Warning: you will fall in love with James Alexander Malcom Mackenzee Frasier.
I will definitely have to check them out! I love Scottish History. I have read several historic fiction books about Robert the Bruce, William Wallace, and even Macbeth. I love time-travel plots, too. Thanks for your response!! :D :D
sarahmarlowe
TheRVMom
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thervmom.html
Latest Review: Undead Redhead by Jen Frankel

Post by TheRVMom »

sarahmarlowe wrote: 03 Nov 2018, 18:38
TheRVMom wrote: 03 Nov 2018, 18:31

I will definitely have to check them out! I love Scottish History. I have read several historic fiction books about Robert the Bruce, William Wallace, and even Macbeth. I love time-travel plots, too. Thanks for your response!! :D :D
You are very welcome! My pleasure!
Sunday diamond
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sunday-diamond.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Sunday diamond »

The book I reread the most currently, is 'Roadmap to the end of days' by Daniel Friedmann.

Because of its amazing facts and proves, I love going over the book over and over again. Even, in this book I read a particular chapter repeatedly more than 4 times in a day.
Norma Fleagane
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Norma Fleagane »

Charlotte Brontee's "Jane Eye"
dailey2820
Favorite Author: Freida McFadden
Currently Reading: We Thought We Knew You
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dailey2820.html
Latest Review: Gringo by Dan "Tito" Davis
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 46859

Post by dailey2820 »

I love reading new books in different genres but when I reread books it's usually Holes and the entire Twilight series. Gosh, I sound like a teenager and I am going to be 30 in 3 days haha! Well hey, it's what I like.
MaryPowers88
Favorite Book: The Storyteller's Secret
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marypowers88.html
Latest Review: MY FRIEND Marilyn by Christopher Lentz
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by MaryPowers88 »

There is one book that I have reread The Rosary by Florence L Barclay. This book, written in 1909, would make a great film. The author's life is as interesting as her novels. If you like A Room with a View then I believe you'd like this book.
SpencerVo
Favorite Book: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-spencervo.html
Latest Review: Lola the Buhund and the Father of Discord by Elbot Carman

Post by SpencerVo »

The Enchantress of Florence by Salman Rushdie. It has charming and captivating characters, but I'll admit the reason I re-read it so many times is because it has such a complex plot and theme that confuse and intrigue me a lot. Still, I've learnt a lot from his unique storytelling style.
It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye.
A G Darr
Currently Reading: Roadmap to the end of days
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-a-g-darr.html
Latest Review: Debt Cleanse by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by A G Darr »

In the past 5 years, I've read the Harry Potter series a lot. Prior to that, I would reread Raptor Red by Robert T. Bakker several times a year. I only stopped reading it every year because I lost my copy of the book during a move.

Raptor Red is very interesting because the main character is a raptor. The fact that the main character isn't human does not take away from the book at all. The author does a great job capturing the essence of what the raptor, Red, would go through in her life.

...I think I need to go out an repurchase that book today. I miss reading it.
Natalie Charlene
Favorite Book: The Crux
Currently Reading: Cosmic Queries
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-natalie-charlene.html
Latest Review: The Bird Ride by Wade W. Bergner

Post by Natalie Charlene »

I have a habit of rereading books that I love over and over again. There are a few that I can't help but read at least once a year: Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte, Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen, The Awakening by Kate Chopin, and The Red Pony by John Steinbeck. One thing I love about this site and doing book reviews is that it forces me to lay off re-reading books for a while and discover new authors. However, I don't think I will ever be able to go more than a year or two without re-reading those novels I listed.
Kiyae
Favorite Book: Darkfever
Currently Reading: The Power
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by Kiyae »

Normally I don't reread fiction. But I do reread non-fiction like The Secret and The Four Agreements. I think I've read The Secret about 3 times. I've seen the movie about 10 times. The content is soothing to me.
Nora_khan27
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nora-khan27.html
Latest Review: The Traveler's Best Seller by Rick Incorvia

Post by Nora_khan27 »

Gabriel's Inferno by Sylvain Renard.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”