What book do you reread the most?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
pixiequeer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pixiequeer.html
Latest Review: Mistress Suffragette by Diana Forbes

Re: What book do you reread the most?

Post by pixiequeer »

I can honestly and truly say I have never reread a book unless I started it at one point and didn't finish it. I have two rules when it comes to reading:

1. Never reread anything,
2. Never start a book you aren't going to finish.

I've followed these two rules to the best of my ability for as long as I can remember.
dbulkley
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dbulkley.html
Latest Review: Seer by Larry Austin

Post by dbulkley »

I typically don't reread novels. I will reread novels in a series if there's a long time between releases of other books in the series. I have reread a few Stephen Kings books before the movie or television series comes out.
Latest Review: Seer by Larry Austin
KCWolf
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Favorite Book: Dark Corners
Currently Reading: Julu
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kcwolf.html
Latest Review: If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's by Mark L. Wdowiak
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by KCWolf »

The Lord of The Rings & The Hobbit.
KestenH
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by KestenH »

When I was a kid, I'd just keep checking out the Harry Potter books in my school library. Over, and over, and over again. Kids used to think I was insane for reading those huge books so many times.
dianaterrado
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 152
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dianaterrado.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

Post by dianaterrado »

I re-read anything YA contemporary. I love the cute, romantic type of reads that relaxes me. To date, Golden by Jessi Kirby is my most read book. I've read it thrice now.
AnnaKathleen
Currently Reading: Kill Them All
Bookshelf Size: 1085
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-annakathleen.html
Latest Review: End of the Last Great Kingdom by Victor Rose

Post by AnnaKathleen »

A Court of Thorns and Roses trilogy. I really love the second book. I usually read it when I'm in a slump and can't decide what to read next.
"I became darkness, shadow and wind." - Sarah J. Maas A Court of Mist and Fury
tarafarah7
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Mitch Albom
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... ">tuesdays with Morrie</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1437
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tarafarah7.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base
fav_author_id: 2544

Post by tarafarah7 »

I've read The Odyssey by Homer more times than any other book. I wouldn't say it's my favorite, but I will say that I learn something new every single time I read it. I've only read The Iliad a few times, but I wasn't very thorough. After hearing a couple lectures this summer, I'm looking forward to reading it again, as the lectures have given me new perspevtive.
Connie2018
Favorite Book: precious gifts
Currently Reading: And Never Let Her Go
Bookshelf Size: 21

Post by Connie2018 »

I reread old favorites, Little Women, Freckles, Girl of the Limberlost. Also, reread, The Robe.
As a life-long reader, I will reread any book I enjoyed!
But I never get tired of these I mentioned.
Connie 2018
Taekwondoqueen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-taekwondoqueen.html
Latest Review: World, Incorporated by Tom Gariffo

Post by Taekwondoqueen »

I reread Harry Potter all the time. I have probably gone through the whole series 6 times. My favorite book in the series is The Prisoner of Azkaban.
ea_anthony
Favorite Book: Praying successfully
Currently Reading: Prisoners of Geography
Bookshelf Size: 650
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ea-anthony.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by ea_anthony »

Taekwondoqueen wrote: 14 Aug 2018, 13:47 I reread Harry Potter all the time. I have probably gone through the whole series 6 times. My favorite book in the series is The Prisoner of Azkaban.
I think POA is my fave Harry Potter book in the series. The plot twist was insane, the build up of Sirius Black's character, the black dog, the dementors, the unravelling of Scabbers as Peter Pettigrew and every other twist and turn.
Ignorance promotes divisiveness, knowledge encourages diversity. :techie-studyingbrown:
ea_anthony
Favorite Book: Praying successfully
Currently Reading: Prisoners of Geography
Bookshelf Size: 650
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ea-anthony.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by ea_anthony »

I have read Praying Successfully by Charles Spurgeon more times than I can remember and more than any other book apart from the Bible.
Ignorance promotes divisiveness, knowledge encourages diversity. :techie-studyingbrown:
LittleBirdy27
Currently Reading: Louisiana's Way Home

Post by LittleBirdy27 »

I love to re-read any older children books such as Winnie the Pooh or Peanuts comics and Fairy tales because no matter how old I am they are still so entertaining and easy to read again and again.
achintis

Post by achintis »

tarafarah7 wrote: 10 Aug 2018, 16:56 I've read The Odyssey by Homer more times than any other book. I wouldn't say it's my favorite, but I will say that I learn something new every single time I read it. I've only read The Iliad a few times, but I wasn't very thorough. After hearing a couple lectures this summer, I'm looking forward to reading it again, as the lectures have given me new perspevtive.
I am rereading The Iliad right now. I am starting the Great Books of the Western World collection and The Iliad is the first book. I am definitely getting more out of it this time. It has been many years since the last time I read it.
achintis

Post by achintis »

The book I have reread the most is Winter's Tale by Mark Helprin. I was so excited when I first heard about the movie, but it was utterly disappointing.
tarafarah7
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Mitch Albom
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... ">tuesdays with Morrie</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1437
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tarafarah7.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base
fav_author_id: 2544

Post by tarafarah7 »

achintis wrote: 15 Aug 2018, 08:49
tarafarah7 wrote: 10 Aug 2018, 16:56 I've read The Odyssey by Homer more times than any other book. I wouldn't say it's my favorite, but I will say that I learn something new every single time I read it. I've only read The Iliad a few times, but I wasn't very thorough. After hearing a couple lectures this summer, I'm looking forward to reading it again, as the lectures have given me new perspevtive.
I am rereading The Iliad right now. I am starting the Great Books of the Western World collection and The Iliad is the first book. I am definitely getting more out of it this time. It has been many years since the last time I read it.
Awesome! Good for you...enjoy!! :-)

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”