What book do you reread the most?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Gio Gonzalez
Currently Reading: The Little Book of Dental Questions
Bookshelf Size: 4

Re: What book do you reread the most?

Post by Gio Gonzalez »

I really like to re-read One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest by Ken Kessey and The Tale of Despereaux by Kate DiCamillo, I usually read them one after the other, they're very different form the other and I like that, plus, Both of the really give me quite the feels
Njdockrat
Currently Reading: Doctor Sleep
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-njdockrat.html
Latest Review: Brutal Valour: The Tragedy of Isandlwana by James Mace

Post by Njdockrat »

I like to re-read Dune and Legacy of Heorot. I have loved both books from the first time I read them, and every couple of years I just get a jones to read them again. I pick up on new things in Dune each time I read it. Legacy of Heorot is great example of the mistakes humans can make when we think we have all the answers. Also, the way the book reads I cannot believe it has not been made into a movie or series.
srividyag1
Currently Reading: The laws of human nature
Bookshelf Size: 108
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-srividyag1.html
Latest Review: The Hungry Heart by Brenda Gayle
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by srividyag1 »

I love re-reading Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte. There is something magical about that book. It is the first book I fell in love with, and probably it is the effect of first love. I find the need to revisit this book at least once in 3 years.
- Srividya Giri
Smile more, it's infectious.
Stundey1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by Stundey1 »

A tear and a smile by Kahlil Gibran.
flaming_quills
Currently Reading: Americanah
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-flaming-quills.html
Latest Review: Advent Of Silver by Atilla K. Zengin

Post by flaming_quills »

Ink Exchange by Melissa Marr.
A splendid read.
jlynnp
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jlynnp.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Post by jlynnp »

I'm totally going to be judged by this but it has to be books by Lucy Maud Montgomery. They transport me to such a happy place. I love the classics and enjoy the literary stuff but when it comes to rereading it has to be a story that has a lot of wholesome, feel good kind of stuff.
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

jlynnp wrote: 18 Apr 2019, 06:13 I'm totally going to be judged by this but it has to be books by Lucy Maud Montgomery. They transport me to such a happy place. I love the classics and enjoy the literary stuff but when it comes to rereading it has to be a story that has a lot of wholesome, feel good kind of stuff.
I love the Anne books!
rdew
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by rdew »

While serving in Vietnam I found the book, The Blue of Capricorn by Eugene Burdick. This book is reminiscent of Michener's tales of the South Pacific, but much better written. He alternates in some of the best writing I have ever read descriptions of the Pacific Ocean, the peoples of Micronesia and several beautifully written short stories. I don't know why it has such a hold on me, but I read it once or twice a year and have done so since the late sixties.

Richard Dew
Julie Petitbon
Favorite Author: J.K. Rowling
Favorite Book: The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1)
Currently Reading: Becoming Michele Obama
Bookshelf Size: 699
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julie-petitbon.html
Latest Review: Sophia Violet and the Fiery Orb by Evangeline Greene
fav_author_id: 1778

Post by Julie Petitbon »

The Harry Potter series, The Hunger Games series and Pride and Prejudice. I love these books so much that, when I realized the school I worked at didn't have them, I went out and bought enough copies so that I could teach them in my English classes. :lol:
rakara
Favorite Author: Paige Dearth
Currently Reading: Bad Choices Make Good Stores
Bookshelf Size: 112
Reading Device: B0051VVOB2
fav_author_id: 8753

Post by rakara »

And When She was Good by Laura Lippman.
Letora
Favorite Book: Wicked Saints
Currently Reading: the air between
Bookshelf Size: 251
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-letora.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Letora »

I do not tend to reread books. The few I have reread were the first Harry Potter book and Mark Lawrence's Prince of Thorns. Both are total opposite sides of the spectrum. Harry Potter being fantasy/ya, and Prince of Thorns being a dark and gristly post-apocalyptic fantasy.
"Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope." - Dr. Seuss
Matthew3537
Currently Reading:

Post by Matthew3537 »

Scott wrote: 12 Apr 2007, 21:28 What book do you reread the most?

I reread Of Mice And Men about once or twice a year. Oddly, I usually read it when I've been feeling down for a while. The book is sad and makes me feel sad, but I guess I like to get lost in a book regardless. Plus, I usually read the book all-the-way-through in one night. So, it's probably just that I want to occupy my mind for a while when I read it.

What about you?
The grapes of wrath was my favorite reread. It has so many common denominators to my childhood, not the main character but the view of the children oblivious to being pour. The other children in the story always gets me. We were the poorest so not something I lived.
Laurie66read

Post by Laurie66read »

I've reread To Kill a Mockingbird a few times. I was an adult when I first read it, but it captivated me and I could not put it down.
Dave Manny
Currently Reading: Looking Glass Friends
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dave-manny.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Post by Dave Manny »

Stephen king needful things....so so good. read it about 3 times to make sure I remembered the links
Brendan Donaghy
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Small Great Things
Bookshelf Size: 141
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brendan-donaghy.html
Latest Review: Teetering On A Tightrope by Steven W Wilson

Post by Brendan Donaghy »

I reread 'Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy' by John Le Carre quite regularly. Love it.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”