What book do you reread the most?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Noranni
Currently Reading: The Last Wish
Bookshelf Size: 4

Re: What book do you reread the most?

Post by Noranni »

Harry Potter books are such an easy reread. I found myself wanted to reread the mistborn series. If you haven’t heard of it, check it out. The magic in this series is unique and the plot has unexpected twists.
BadEditions
Currently Reading: Becoming
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-badeditions.html
Latest Review: The 11.05 Murders by Brian O'Hare

Post by BadEditions »

I reread Pride and Prejudice every year.
steigerd
Favorite Book: The Boys in the Boat
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 146
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-steigerd.html
Latest Review: Days of the Giants by RJ Petrella

Post by steigerd »

I have reread this book numerous time over the last 60 years, and I don't know how many times my Mother reread. She received this book in 1938 on her twelfth Christmas from her Mom and Dad. I am unable to recall how old I was when I first read. Reading your topic this book quickly came to mind. Now to see if I could read the book. It is an old book and well used. The cover is spotted, and the binding is coming loose with the pages turning yellow, but I could just as easily read it now as I did the first time. The book is Heid Grow Up by Charles Tritten Johanna Spyri's Translator. Published by Grosset & Dunlap, New York. Copyright 1938. This story a sequel to Heidi was written by Charles Tritten who translated all of her books into French. The Foreword give the reader a glimpse of the life and time of Johanna Spryi. A delightful light story of a young girl, now grown up and a teacher in an Alpine Village, we see life through her eyes. Peter is not forgotten nor Grandfather.
HershyGreenwood
Currently Reading: A Storm of Swords
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hershygreenwood.html
Latest Review: Days of the Giants by RJ Petrella

Post by HershyGreenwood »

Harry Porter series and Wuthering Heights
elderwand
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 565

Post by elderwand »

I've reread the Harry Potter series. I loved reading it the first time when I was a kid, and rereading is just as good!
ElizabethKW
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by ElizabethKW »

Wuthering heights and Jane Eyre are the two I really enjoy. I've also read the Lord of the rings series a few times since I was a little.
Sh3rlockian
Currently Reading: The Affair of the Mysterious Letter
Bookshelf Size: 47

Post by Sh3rlockian »

The classics, especially the Adventures of Sherlock Holmes.
eleanorthereader
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eleanorthereader.html
Latest Review: Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post by eleanorthereader »

I love this question! P&P has a strong place in my heart like any other Austen nerd.

Last year, tho, I got to talk to a friend about how often he rereads books. Apparently, never. Never??? It astounded me. So 2018 was the year of no rereads! It's a tough challenge but totally one I'd recommend! :techie-reference:
mamilla93
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mamilla93.html
Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner

Post by mamilla93 »

Harry Potter. Especially when I am feeling sad. It takes me back to my high school days and always lifts my mood.

Gone with the wind. For when I have a problem with self confidence. The story of Scarlett o Hara never fails to inspire me while blowing me away with her sheer daring decisions.

Prisoner of birth. Never fails to put a smile on my face.
BelleReadsNietzsche
Currently Reading: The Handmaid's Tale
Bookshelf Size: 300
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bellereadsnietzsche.html
Latest Review: I Can See Peace by Julie Penshorn
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by BelleReadsNietzsche »

Harry Potter for sure!

Jane Eyre. Pride and Prejudice. To Kill a Mockingbird.

And although it is a play, I find I often come back to read Arthur Miller's "The Crucible," about once a year.
"The bitter truth we critics must face is that, in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so." -Ratatouille (2007)
Joe Hadithi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joe-hadithi.html
Latest Review: Ironing by Navajo

Post by Joe Hadithi »

Cry, The Beloved Country by Allan Patton
Latest Review: Ironing by Navajo
moj8668
Currently Reading: Fawkes
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moj8668.html
Latest Review: Gringo by Dan "Tito" Davis

Post by moj8668 »

Calico Palace by Gwen Bristow. I was home from college, visiting my parents and two younger sisters, when I saw it sitting in a box of books that someone had given to my sisters (I come from a family of readers). Neither of the younger girls were interested in reading it and I was on summer break with some time to kill so I figured "Why not? It's a decent sized novel, it'll eat up some time." I got so hooked that I finished it in just a few days (even with a part-time job and other responsibilities). I re-read that first copy so many times that it fell apart and I find another copy on Amazon. It still gets re-read almost once a year. It's just that good.
TheMain_Jane
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by TheMain_Jane »

It's actually a series. I am OBSESSED with Anne Bishops "The Black Jewels." If you like dark fantasy do yourself a favor and pick up these books!
Emily M
Currently Reading: Swan Garden
Bookshelf Size: 356
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Emily M »

I like to ReRead the little house on the Prairie series. I should try reading mice and men again. It is my favorite by John Steinbeck.
Bluebird03
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bluebird03.html
Latest Review: Retort and Retribution by Jak Dello

Post by Bluebird03 »

I re-read the Mitford Series by Jan Karon. Just such sweet stories and humorous characters.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”