Books that made you cry so badly your tear ducts dried up

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
awelker
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by awelker »

if you have to vent, than by all means, vent. i person can only hold in so much and then they have a break down, i know i've had one before and it wasn't pretty.
"'Tis better to have loved and lost, Than never to have loved at all." - Alfred Lord Tennyson, In Memoriam:27

http://www.shelfari.com/awelker
Rowan

Post by Rowan »

Thanks.
I reject your reality and substitute my own - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
Rebeca Darklight

Post by Rebeca Darklight »

Rowan wrote:From one Rebecca to another, there is nothing wrong with crying from time to time.
Are you my "tocaya"?

(Tocayo/a = When two people share the same name)

And no girl, that's nothing wrong with it.

This from someone who just have stopped having the worst year of her entire life. I cried for EVERYTHING for an entire year. Everything. And not nice and cute tears, no, big, fat and hot tears rolling down my cheeks, really annoying (and in retrospective, shameful to be honest).

I guess that, since I tried not to cry for 3 years in a row (long story, father very sick, now well and healthy), I just reached a level in each everything seemed a tragedy (no support from relatives and friends, money problems, school problems, things would normally make you sad, but they made feel very sad, I mean, miserable). So I cried like a baby. But you know, it was ok because I just got rid of everything that was bothering me and I have been perfect for a month, taking everything like it is and not feeling sad for something silly (like your best friend saying that he was coming to visit and then didn't and then not even calling to apologize. And no, that didn't happen today, earlier on the week. My BFF Beer has nothing to do with the a**. She just came for a visit today, she's nice, not like my friend), just feeling sad for the things that count (like Mufasa dying :wink: ).

So, everyone, cry if you have to, if you are sad for something or just feel emotional. Or just because you want to. Just let the tears keep on rolling because they tend to get bottled up, and that, in the wise Martha's words, is not a good thing.

I didn't match the diagnosis of Depression, only with part of the diagnosis of Anxiety (because I was 100% functional and around people I was my old self, when I was alone, that was the problem, among other things). I really don't want to know what Depression feels like, it must be horrible. I mean, I know it's horrible, I have seen it, not only in patients, but relatives and friends, but actually suffering it, gosh.

I did get help though. I recommend that to everyone if they need it, there's nothing wrong with getting help. I just talked about my problems and let them out. Having someone neutral and professional to hear me out was just what I needed, someone to help me get perspective of things. Now I just take everything as them come, and from whom is coming. I'm my old self now, hence the "dead inside" comment, because before I was a rock, or at least I thought I was, becuase I cried for Sirius before by bad year. :cry: Sirius!!!!
Be nice to me! English is not my native language. :)
Rowan

Post by Rowan »

I might be, you never know. I let things get bottled up and then it is a major melt down when something very small happens. Then it gets blown out of proportion
I reject your reality and substitute my own - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
awelker

Post by awelker »

im the same way!
"'Tis better to have loved and lost, Than never to have loved at all." - Alfred Lord Tennyson, In Memoriam:27

Linda

Post by Linda »

i think im the complete opposite. i like to say whatevers on my mind, i don't mind sharing my opinion, but on the other hand i kno when to refrain from giving it (say if its none of my business)

but i also have this problem that because i have such amazing comebacks i can't help using them. i have no intention of being mean, but if someone says something and a witty/mean remark comes into my head its hard for me not to blurt it out. my friends have learned to not take any offense, but strangers might hate me cause they don't understand that im never serious. thats why i love people who get me right off the bat, i don't have to worry about hurting their feelings just because i pretend that i want to cut them up into little pieces ha :lol:
"I hope you can't sleep and you dream about it
And when you dream I hope you can't sleep and you SCREAM about it
I hope your conscience EATS AT YOU and you can't BREATHE without me"
sleepydumpling

Post by sleepydumpling »

I'm the same Linda. Things pop into my brain so quickly, and I just can't NOT put them out there, you know? Even though it regularly gets me into trouble. D'oh!
Have a Hoot: Read a Book! http://www.haveahootreadabook.co.uk

sleepydumpling

Post by sleepydumpling »

Ugh, board is being silly, I'm getting multiple posts. Can the mod for this section tidy the extras up please?

awelker

Post by awelker »

sry i haven't been able to get on the cite all day. i came home made cheese cake for tomorrow for school, went to work and then i had to finish my paper. so here i am.

sleepydumpling

Post by sleepydumpling »

That's ok Alli - I know how it gets. This forum has been playing up on me all day today anyway. Half the time I get an error message or the page loads all screwy!

alisonaston

Post by alisonaston »

I snivelled for hours over the following:

The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Neffeneger
Once in a House on Fire by Andrea Ashworth
Dry by Augusten Burroughs
x1f4j8k9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-x1f4j8k9.html

Post by x1f4j8k9 »

Don't think I've ever cried during a book, but I've seen some movies that came from books, like Dear John and The Notebook and I have to admit those got me.
tracydinh96
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tracydinh96.html

Post by tracydinh96 »

The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks
julieg25
Favorite Author: Jk Rowling
Favorite Book: The Hunger Games
Currently Reading: My Sisters Keeper Widows Watch
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julieg25.html
Latest Review: "Beyond Birkie Fever" by Walter Rhein

Post by julieg25 »

My Sister's Keeper. But There have been many others as well.
Latest Review: "Beyond Birkie Fever" by Walter Rhein
Gigareads
Favorite Author: Morgan Matson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gigareads.html
Latest Review: The Dream Keepers by Linda Keen
fav_author_id: 4123

Post by Gigareads »

A lot of books have made me cry but one that I also remember crying a lot while reading is the Last Song by Nicholas Sparks (all of his books make me cry but this is the one that made me cry the most).

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”