Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
- Posts: 132
- Joined: 29 Apr 2017, 19:01
- 2017 Reading Goal: 53
- 2017 Reading Goal Completion: 50
- Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =6703">The Count of Monte Cristo</a>
- Currently Reading: Atlas Shrugged
- Bookshelf Size: 79
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookishbookkeeping.html
- Latest Review: "Superhighway" by Alex Fayman
- Reading Device: B00KC6I06S
A lot of picture books come to mind but my first chapter book was a Nancy Drew mystery. I read so many of those.
Latest Review: "Superhighway" by Alex Fayman
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 05 Jun 2017, 23:45
- Bookshelf Size: 0
Musicohl wrote:Mine is a goosebumps book - what's yours??
- Posts: 5
- Joined: 04 Jun 2017, 17:43
- Bookshelf Size: 24
I can't remember from when I was really small, but the first actual book I read was A Series Of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket. I'll never forget him because he was and still is the only author I have ever come across who discourages his readers from reading his book from the authors note.
- Posts: 3
- Joined: 16 Feb 2017, 07:24
- Bookshelf Size: 0
The first book is Jungle Book. When i am child i reading book many times.
- Posts: 268
- Joined: 24 Jul 2017, 13:58
- Bookshelf Size: 13
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ama-idim.html
- Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
I remember vividly, 'Ade, the naughty little boy' gotten for me by mum, I was so excited and I finished it so fast.
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
- Posts: 391
- Joined: 30 Aug 2017, 10:38
- 2017 Reading Goal: 50
- 2017 Reading Goal Completion: 20
- Currently Reading: message in the bottle
- Bookshelf Size: 66
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mjgarrison.html
- Latest Review: I Can See Peace by Julie Penshorn
We read Summer of the Monkeys in class and I remembered loving it so much I had my kids watch the movie when they were to young to read the book. They loved it too.
- Posts: 265
- Joined: 03 Jan 2018, 17:23
- 2018 Reading Goal: 33
- 2018 Reading Goal Completion: 60
- Favorite Author: Charles de Lint
- Currently Reading:
- Bookshelf Size: 28
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uyky.html
- Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin
- fav_author_id: 6861
Two short kids' books, Cinderella and Red riding hood.