Do you carry a list?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Terri1ny
Currently Reading: Talking as Fast as I Can
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-terri1ny.html

Re: Do you carry a list?

Post by Terri1ny »

I use goodreads also. I also have a list in my notes on my phone that I add to almost daily. It's the only way I'll remember every suggestion. Lol
anjupradeep
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by anjupradeep »

I don't physically carry a list of to-read books, but I like browsing through must-read book lists a lot like 100 books to read before you die, BBCs The Big Read and mentally make a note of books I really really want to read. And in case I get to know of any new book that is creating waves, I add it's free sample on my Kindle app, to remember to give a try once I am done with the present book. The sample also gives a feel into how the actual book would be.
jsross79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jsross79.html

Post by jsross79 »

I like to carry a list of authors of the books I like. I will also keep a blank piece of paper with me so if I am at a store and see a new book I want to get I will write it down to buy online later.
Maral1487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maral1487.html

Post by Maral1487 »

I absolute carry a list! I try to read all different types of books every year. I try to make it different each time. History, Science, Love, Comedy, etc. It's great getting lost in a different world. I constantly try to get new titles from friends and family. I even have a Facebook page for a few of my friends, we share quotes and different titles to read.
Crimsonsky 749
Favorite Author: John Flanagan
Currently Reading: Artemis fowl
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crimsonsky-749.html
Latest Review: "Salvation's Dawn" by Joe Jackson
fav_author_id: 4299

Post by Crimsonsky 749 »

No I don't. I usually just borrow books from the library so I don't need one. However I don't really keep up with books... I have a horrible memory. Sometimes it is better though because I find out that there is another book after the one I was waiting for and that makes me really happy.
Sarcasm: The ability to insult idiots without them realising it.
Quote unknown.
Stop waiting for Prince Charming. Get out and find him. The poor idiot may be stuck in a tree or something.
Quote unknown.
Latest Review: "Salvation's Dawn" by Joe Jackson
Pursue the Page_
Currently Reading: A Court of Thorns and Roses
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Pursue the Page_ »

I'm all about lists! They keep my head from rolling off. My book lists are separated into books to read, authors I gravitate towards because their writing style, and books I have read split into genres. And when I don't have my written list near me goodreads is a quick an easy alternative for me.
Jausten11
Favorite Book: sun also rises
Currently Reading: All the Light We Cannot See
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jausten11.html

Post by Jausten11 »

Yes. I fill my amazon cart with books after reading their reviews, then I use the list when I visit the library to find the books I am interested in reading!
polly-petkova
Currently Reading: Dao de jing
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-polly-petkova.html

Post by polly-petkova »

Goodreads is a good call, I even got a surprise gift for my friend by stalking her wish list on goodreads and she was so happy! She asked how I knew that she wanted to read it ... I confessed of course
AvinashM

Post by AvinashM »

Oh yes! I do. any suggestions made by friends or any book reviews i read in newspapers. whatever i find interesting, i note it down.
Lonerose
Currently Reading: Eyes Of The Woods
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lonerose.html
Reading Device: 1400699169

Post by Lonerose »

I do not carry a list around, I do try to add my books to goodreads as a go along. I do make a list and carry around of my comicbooks though. It's kinda funny when you think about it.
Mike_Lang
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 50592">The Life and Times of The Thunderbolt Kid</a>
Currently Reading: Mississippi Noir
Bookshelf Size: 274
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mike-lang.html
Latest Review: "Justice Prevails" by Colin Lodder
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Mike_Lang »

I do. An old fashioned pen written on notebook paper list. Two actually. Since I am a fan of the Hard Case Crime imprint I carry a list of those in the collection that I already own so I won't repeat a title (started that after buying the same one twice), my second list usually consists of books I am looking for at the library after searching them online.
Latest Review: "Justice Prevails" by Colin Lodder
ESpurgeon82

Post by ESpurgeon82 »

I have a list...of sorts! I have the Goodreads app on my cell and tablet. On that site, I have a shelf titled Wishlist. A list of all the books I want to read/buy! Helps me out when I visit one of the bookstores around where I live :)
doyle5
Currently Reading: Steelheart
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-doyle5.html

Post by doyle5 »

I have a mental list. It's pretty hard for me to forget the books I want to read and buy.
Kaitlyn12
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 0">Lost</a>
Currently Reading: City of Bones
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaitlyn12.html
Latest Review: "Merikh's Daughter" by Gabriela M. Sanchez

Post by Kaitlyn12 »

I keep a list of both books and movies that I already have to avoid buying duplicates. It has saved me a few times!
Latest Review: "Merikh's Daughter" by Gabriela M. Sanchez
Tiffanyrose524
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tiffanyrose524.html

Post by Tiffanyrose524 »

I have a whole list in my purse so i can make sure i don't pick up doubles

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”