Do you carry a list?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
anamcara
Bookshelf Size: 511
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anamcara.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Re: Do you carry a list?

Post by anamcara »

I do. Always have. :)
"Of the knowledge of man, nothing is more unintelligible than the
human heart."

-Homer
CrescentMoon
Currently Reading: Superhighway
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crescentmoon.html
Latest Review: "Letorian Descendants- Casey Blane Series (Book 1)" by Jodi Ann Fahey

Post by CrescentMoon »

I don't have an actual list of books that I like to read. But I do have books on my Kindle app that I keep looking over and rank them in order of which ones i want to read first.
Latest Review: "Letorian Descendants- Casey Blane Series (Book 1)" by Jodi Ann Fahey
VintageMerlotStudios
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vintagemerlotstudios.html

Post by VintageMerlotStudios »

Not only do I have a list of books I don't own and would like, but I have an app that has all the books that I do have just in case I can't find my list! I've incurred the problem of duplicates so many times now that it has gotten pretty ridiculous!
Sarah Penney
Favorite Author: Tom Clancy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-penney.html
Latest Review: The Immigrant's Lament by Mois benarroch
fav_author_id: 7289

Post by Sarah Penney »

Yes, I definitely carry a list or two. However, more often than not the books on my "to-buy" list get moved over to my "library" book list. What can I say? I'm picky about what books I buy. In fact, I only normally buy books if I've already read them. I have to love them enough to want to read them again at any time. So I have another list for those too! :)
"My best friend is a person who will give me a book I have not read." -Abraham Lincoln
Kardelen8012
Currently Reading: The Picture of Dorian Grey
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kardelen8012.html

Post by Kardelen8012 »

I carry a list of books that I want to read so I can choose easily when I'm shopping. And I also like to cross them off my list after I read them :)
Sarah_Khan
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 3700">Gone With the Wind</a>
Currently Reading: Circe
Bookshelf Size: 336
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-khan.html
Latest Review: The Formidable King by Alyssa J. Montgomery

Post by Sarah_Khan »

I don't carry a physical list but I have a list of books I want to read on Goodreads or I write them down on my phone notes so I don't forget.
countrychick201389
Currently Reading: true beliver
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-countrychick201389.html

Post by countrychick201389 »

No I don't carry a list around but I do write which books I need down. I have learned I will need to carry my list around though I totally forgot which books I had at home the other day while in barnes and noble and didn't get anything I was so disappointed
Scerakor
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 315
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scerakor.html
Latest Review: Gaslighting & Narcissistic Abuse Recovery: by Don Barlow

Post by Scerakor »

I usually have a list of the books that have made my "shortlist" TBR. That way, when I finish one, I can bring it up and remember what I have planned on reading next (or soon).
gregs317
Previous Member of the Month
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by gregs317 »

No, I don't have an actual list. Whenever I find a book that I want to read (usually online), I bookmark it on my cellphone.

P.S. Does anyone know why there is a gold bar underneath some of our user names but not others?
Dh_
Favorite Author: Alex Flinn
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 714">Carry On</a>
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dh.html
Latest Review: "Nobody Cares Who You Are - The Life and Times of Aceman, A Widespread Panic Roadie" by Larry Acquaviva
fav_author_id: 4010

Post by Dh_ »

I don't have a list, I usually add the books I want to read to a wishlist on the Thriftbooks or Barnes and Nobles website. A list would be a good idea, though.
Latest Review: "Nobody Cares Who You Are - The Life and Times of Aceman, A Widespread Panic Roadie" by Larry Acquaviva
Rosie22
Currently Reading: The Gene Keys Golden Path
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by Rosie22 »

Well, kind of.
I get so curious about books, that I can spend hours on Amazon jumping between the 'Look inside' section of lots of books. Sometimes I go from Amazon to both my local libraries and see if a certain book is there, and then go get it if it is;

I also put lots of books I'm interested in but not sure if I want to buy, on my Wishlist; so that I can go through that now and then or if I want to remember a particular book.
I leave many pages open on Amazon too while I just want to be reminded of them, haven't chosen whether it's a buy or a wishlist item or a library search yet.

Books are very big in my life! my major recreation.
Mailis
Currently Reading: The Employee Millionaire
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mailis.html
Latest Review: There and Back There Again by Andrew Alsup

Post by Mailis »

No, unless I specifically know that a bookshop has a sale on books and I have looked them up beforehand online and now I just want to go and buy them all and not forget anything. :)
Ann McPherrin
Currently Reading: Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ann-mcpherrin.html
Latest Review: Puffy and the Formidable Foe by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon

Post by Ann McPherrin »

I have a mental list of all the books I own. However, lately my daughters have started adding their books to the library. So now I keep a running list of books I want to read!
SparklesonPages
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 211
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sparklesonpages.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing

Post by SparklesonPages »

I have a list in notes on my phone plus screenshots of books that look promising. I’m always on the lookout for any of these.
JodyVamp
Currently Reading: Undone
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jodyvamp.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by JodyVamp »

I try to remember one when I know I'm going by a bookstore or thrift store. Otherwise I end up with two of the same thing on my shelf and still missing that 4th book in the series that's never in the library.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”