Reading more than one book at a time

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Fran
Favorite Author: David Mitchell
Favorite Book: Anna Karenina
Currently Reading: Hide and Seek
Bookshelf Size: 1208
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fran.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 3104

Re: Reading more than one book at a time

Post by Fran »

suzy1124 wrote:presently reading 3 at a time...

Kindle, paper, p.c. /" Cloud "

plus my medical books which i don't even count...

Carpe Diem!
That why you've been neglecting us of late? Glad to see you back for the "ringing in" :lol:
We fade away, but vivid in our eyes
A world is born again that never dies.
- My Home by Clive James
suzy1124
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by suzy1124 »

Yes Miss Fran!....i'm chilling the Champagne!.........we need C.F., B.H., and the rest of the gang...

i'm bringing a gaggle of geese, ( aka roast goose ) :) and a pitcher of Cosmopolitans!

DATo, can you bring some Grappa ? and mebbee some seafood in keeping w/an Italian New year ( or is that just for Xmas ? ) :oops:

i'll bring some black-eyed peas too... a southern tradition for good luck..had them for lunch over rice............deelishioso

Happy new Year all!
" We don't see things as they are but as we are "

Carpe Diem!

Suzy...
tracydinh96
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tracydinh96.html

Post by tracydinh96 »

I do it all the time because I have books that I want to read and books that I am assigned to read by teachers
Helga_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8

Post by Helga_ »

I've read two books at a time before. These days I try not to do that.
The temptation gets strong sometimes, tho, when I start losing interest in the one particular book I'm reading.
I'm like, "I gotta stay faithful and give this my all. No more two-timing!" ( :D )
Many times I find myself having the next book ready in advance and it's something I can't wait to start. So, when I finally move on to that, it's like a reward for sticking with the previous book :wink:
dudeandduchess
Favorite Author: R.L. Matthewson
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dudeandduchess.html

Post by dudeandduchess »

I've done it once or twice, but that was only because I was stuck with reading a book for university and a book for myself. :)
briannamarie19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-briannamarie19.html

Post by briannamarie19 »

I have always struggled to bring myself to read two books at once. I could by all means do it, no problem. It's not like I would get the characters or plots confused or anything but for some reason I never ever do it. Maybe because when I read, I want to put all my focus and energy into that one particular book and not be thinking about another one? I guess that's why I've always found it difficult to read a series because for me it's such a commitment being that I can't pick up a book outside that series until I'm finished. Who knows, maybe one day I'll try it and see if I like it.
srittyx3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-srittyx3.html

Post by srittyx3 »

I cannot do this! I can't start another book unless I've finished the old one. :(
Bella_0772
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bella-0772.html

Post by Bella_0772 »

When I was younger I used to do this, but for some reason haven't for several years. Although I guess in a way I have as far as reading textbooks for college and my own books for fun, which can be difficult because I would much rather read my own book!
Raymy12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raymy12.html

Post by Raymy12 »

I have read more than one book at a time. There have been times where I would keep books in different locations (like at work) and read them depending on where I am physically.
TrishaAnn92
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =2595">The Messenger (2)</a>
Currently Reading: A Game of Thrones
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-trishaann92.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 20

Post by TrishaAnn92 »

I usually don't, but I have been doughnuts lot lately.
scubagabriella
Favorite Author: Jane Austen
Favorite Book: Enders Game
Currently Reading: Northanger Abbey
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scubagabriella.html
fav_author_id: 2379

Post by scubagabriella »

Sometimes I wish I could read more than one book at a time so I could read more books. My list of books I want to read is a little overwhelming haha. My brother will read three different books at once sometimes. On the other hand I think I would get confused reading so many books at the same time.
Meg0169
Favorite Author: J.R.R. Tolkien
Favorite Book: The Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter
Bookshelf Size: 213
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-meg0169.html
Latest Review: "Night of the Chupacabra" by Michael Hebler

Post by Meg0169 »

I generally read 2-3 books at a time. I at least have one in a paperback to read during the daytime and another on my kindle so I can read at night. I think I usually do this because there are so many books to read and so little time. So I run to the library and end up bringing home an armful of books. I try to vary the genres so they all don't run together, but it's whatever I have on hand.
Latest Review: "Night of the Chupacabra" by Michael Hebler
shockernot_mc
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shockernot-mc.html

Post by shockernot_mc »

I guess I'm more OCD than I thought.. I have to focus attention (or obsession if you prefer) on one book at a time or I'll start melding the plots together when I discuss the books with someone else. My sister, on the other hand, reads about 3 at the same time to keep from getting tired of any one book.

-- 16 Jan 2014, 15:09 --

I guess I'm more OCD than I thought.. I have to focus attention (or obsession if you prefer) on one book at a time or I'll start melding the plots together when I discuss the books with someone else. My sister, on the other hand, reads about 3 at the same time to keep from getting tired of any one book.
claire mckay
Favorite Author: JRR Tolkien
Favorite Book: Lord of the Rings
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-claire-mckay.html
Latest Review: "The M-Word" by Josephine Stine

Post by claire mckay »

Oh no only ever one book at a time for me! Although my daughter regularly has 5 or 6 on the go at one time! She has a much younger, more agile mind than me obviously!
Latest Review: "The M-Word" by Josephine Stine
SheldrakeWriter
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sheldrakewriter.html
Latest Review: "A Newlywed's Adventures in Married Land" by Shweta Ganesh Kumar

Post by SheldrakeWriter »

I like to have three or four on the go. One or two and I get bored. Any more and I lose track.
A range is also important. Four novels gets confusing. Four political memoirs gets tedious.
Latest Review: "A Newlywed's Adventures in Married Land" by Shweta Ganesh Kumar

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”