Are you a book sniffer?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
UniquelyAngeleaq
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uniquelyangeleaq.html

Re: Are you a book sniffer?

Post by UniquelyAngeleaq »

Call me crazy but sniffing a book is one of the first things I do when I get one! I especially love old books! i do not know what makes them smell so good to me. I always buy old used books when I can.
schu2978
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-schu2978.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by schu2978 »

Nope!
dipdrops2003
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dipdrops2003.html
Latest Review: "Samantha Smartypants Runs for Class President" by Barbara Puccia
Publishing Contest Votes: 2

Post by dipdrops2003 »

Yes! After picking out a book in a store or when I open it from the package it was mailed in, I take in the cover and then give it a good sniff. Something about a good book and a good sniff makes for a great day to read! :)
"All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them." -Walt Disney
Latest Review: "Samantha Smartypants Runs for Class President" by Barbara Puccia
schu2978
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-schu2978.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by schu2978 »

No and I don't anyone who does that. Some of the books I've bought from goodwill for example have a funny smell when I read them and it's a lil gross.
TracyThomas81
Favorite Author: To Many To Name
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tracythomas81.html

Post by TracyThomas81 »

Lol yes, Old books, Old pictures. I love the smell. I buy old old old books from antique stores, just for the smell. I also got a candle for Christmas that smells like old books.
ESpurgeon82
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by ESpurgeon82 »

Oh yes! Absolutely am a book sniffer lol What made me smile was a few days ago when I came home with 2 books printed about 50 years ago from a local bookstore. I showed them to my kids (10 & 11, also readers) and my daughter said "Let me smell it!" Deep inhale..."Isn't that a great smell?"
yomiravarela

Post by yomiravarela »

Hello! I, too, sniff my books.
Gee, that is a weird thing to say. But I love the smell of (some) books.
doyle5
Currently Reading: Steelheart
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-doyle5.html

Post by doyle5 »

Okay that book advertisement that was written about was amazing:)
Kaitlyn12
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 0">Lost</a>
Currently Reading: City of Bones
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaitlyn12.html
Latest Review: "Merikh's Daughter" by Gabriela M. Sanchez

Post by Kaitlyn12 »

I am a book sniffer and I am not ashamed! I love the smell of books!
Latest Review: "Merikh's Daughter" by Gabriela M. Sanchez
Rob625

Post by Rob625 »

Lol, yes. Thought I was the only one. Magazines too. Actually I smell everything. I'm a cologne and candle nerd. My wife has to leave me in the deodorant aisle, because I'm gonna be there awhile
CrescentMoon
Currently Reading: Superhighway
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crescentmoon.html
Latest Review: "Letorian Descendants- Casey Blane Series (Book 1)" by Jodi Ann Fahey

Post by CrescentMoon »

I only do this if the book is new. I love the smell of brand new books because there is something about it, I don't really know how to explain, but it is enjoyable to sniff new books. I don't do this for library books or old or used books though.
Latest Review: "Letorian Descendants- Casey Blane Series (Book 1)" by Jodi Ann Fahey
Kia
Currently Reading: Damaged Goods
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kia.html
Latest Review: Wheel of Katarnum by James Calliotte
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Kia »

I totally smell books! I've never thought about the fact that each has a different smell, but I suppose that makes sense. I love the smell of old books, and I know my Harry Potter books all have a very unique smell. Though this is because I used to read them under my covers at night when I was little and I'm pretty sure they're infused with my sweat (gross, I know!).
fabulasaule
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fabulasaule.html

Post by fabulasaule »

I do I do I do. But I better like the smell of new books because old books sometimes have specific smell which is not always pleasant. But I sniff only occasionaly ;D So I could not join the club..
Booky_BettyC
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 55482">Hex Hall</a>
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-booky-bettyc.html
Latest Review: "Undead Redhead" by Jen Frankel

Post by Booky_BettyC »

I read ebooks now but I do know what you are talking about. When I use to read paper books I would run my thumb across the pages fanning the smell at my face. I wasn't obsessed with doing it but I would do it every time I read before opening the book.
Latest Review: "Undead Redhead" by Jen Frankel
AA1495
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 19636">Out of the Box Awakening</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aa1495.html
Latest Review: YiaYia’s Kitchen by Brianna Koucos Midgley

Post by AA1495 »

Nope. I do love the smell when you walk into a library though. I don't make a conscious effort to sniff books though.. not unless there's a strong smell to it

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”