When is the last time you've visited a bookstore

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
SarcasticRaven
Currently Reading: The Silent Corner
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarcasticraven.html
Latest Review: "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare
Publishing Contest Votes: 2

Re: When is the last time you've visited a bookstore

Post by SarcasticRaven »

I was at Barnes and Noble yesterday. I didn't get anything, but it was nice just being surrounded by books. It's very calming, and I hope I can go more often. I only wish they had some of the books I'm looking for, but I'll probably need to go to Half-Price Books for those.
Latest Review: "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare
Topcho
Favorite Author: J.R.R.Tolkien
Currently Reading: z2
Bookshelf Size: 853
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-topcho.html
Latest Review: "Sonar The Cyclone" by B Truly

Post by Topcho »

Last weekend. Like SarcasticRaven, I didn't buy anything - and it was hard, believe me! I am trying to behave and not get new reads, untill my TBR mountain starts to melt. Still, I like going to the bookstore, especially those cafe-bookstores. It is warm and calm amd it is so nice to have a sip of coffee or chocolate with a book. Also, I like testing myself, lol!
Latest Review: "Sonar The Cyclone" by B Truly
Akalashley
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-akalashley.html

Post by Akalashley »

The last time I visited a bookstore was November 2015, we generally take our kids to a bookstore on their birthdays to pick out a book or two. My oldest is soon to be 6, so hopefully our local bookstore is still open! 8)
agreenwood
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-agreenwood.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus

Post by agreenwood »

It's been about 4 months since I have visited a bookstore, and believe me, I miss it! I think for my husband and I's next date we are going to go to Half Price Books :)
ubbah12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ubbah12.html

Post by ubbah12 »

About 2 weeks ago. But I visit my library about once a week. :techie-studyingbrown:
trista_miller
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-trista-miller.html

Post by trista_miller »

I love bookstores, the smell especially. I like going to Barnes and noble just to see what books are popular, and sometimes finding good sales. the last time I went is about a month ago. Its hard to go to the bookstore and 15 dollars on a book when I can go to the library and check it out for free. If there was a discount bookstore around me I'm sure I would frequent it much more often.
emritter

Post by emritter »

Three days ago over the weekend! I love bookstores. B&N is always so brightly lit and beautiful. :)
ThankfulMom1
Bookshelf Size: 87

Post by ThankfulMom1 »

I had the absolute pleasure of visiting Powell's Bookstore in Portland, Oregon this month. I was traveling for business, and spent three of my four nights browsing the shelves there.

It was super cool.
Meagan3249

Post by Meagan3249 »

It has been a couple weeks, unfortunately. I went to Barnes and Noble to purchase a few books for my daughter's first birthday, a book for my other daughter who accompanied me, and a book for myself. While we love going to bookstores, the libraries are more of a regular hotspot for us. If I bought every book I've ever read, we would be swimming in books and broke! I tend to only buy near special occasions.
Fanie32
Currently Reading: Parenting Adolescents
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by Fanie32 »

Last time I was in a bookstore was two weeks ago. I went to a used bookstore with my 10 years old son (he loves books too!) I purshased a John Bevere book. My son bought two adventure novels. I love buying, reading and giving books! I prefer the paper version. I can't get enough of the smell and the touch!
NekoLymar

Post by NekoLymar »

Went to Half Price Books last week with my daughter.
_hannahw_3001
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hannahw-3001.html

Post by _hannahw_3001 »

ummmmmm, i went to a christian book shop a couple of months ago to purchase a bible, becaus iwas going on a camp
rssllue
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Ted Dekker
Favorite Book: The Bible
Currently Reading: A Year with C. S. Lewis
Bookshelf Size: 602
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rssllue.html
Latest Review: My Personal Desert Storm by Marcus Johnson
fav_author_id: 2881

Post by rssllue »

I went virtually just yesterday. ;)
~ occupare fati suffocavit

I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for Thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety. ~ Psalms 4:8
Haley19

Post by Haley19 »

It was maybe two weeks ago. I was on my HOSA trip with my friends leaving a Chinese place, and I saw it. I some how managed to drag my friends there, and I am so glad I did. The whole place was full of new and old books all for a relatively cheap price. I was able to buy three books for only $7. I bought The Da Vinci Code, which is a fabulous page turner. I also bought Three Weeks with My Brother and Cemetery Girl.
ChristieSR
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christiesr.html

Post by ChristieSR »

Today! I bought, the casual vacancy by J.K. Rowling

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”