Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
- Posts: 426
- Joined: 18 Jan 2018, 22:29
- 2018 Reading Goal: 52
- 2018 Reading Goal Completion: 23
- Currently Reading: Ready Player One
- Bookshelf Size: 303
The Harry Potter series got me to love reading. I had the summer free and things just fell into place. I read them all in 2 weeks, was completely addicted and drawn into books couldn't get enough.
- Posts: 213
- Joined: 21 Aug 2018, 21:14
- Currently Reading:
- Bookshelf Size: 14
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-italiansweety1982.html
- Latest Review: Prayer is Good: A Path from Grief to Peace by Brette Petway
It was a teacher that got me really into reading - My 5th grade teacher Mrs Allen. She engaged my competitive streak. She told us that for every 1000 pages we read she would give us an icecream sundae. I won that contest. lol
- Posts: 47
- Joined: 06 Sep 2018, 08:37
- Currently Reading: McDowell
- Bookshelf Size: 12
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-farida-bali.html
- Latest Review: The Flower Girl Murder by Keith Hirshland
Um, newspapers? Lol. Enid Blyton books. The first one I can remember reading is The Wishing Jug and Other Stories.