My Shameful To Be Read List! Put Yours Below Too!

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
lexifaith
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lexifaith.html

My Shameful To Be Read List! Put Yours Below Too!

Post by lexifaith »

I have an INSANE amount of books that I have yet to read. It seems that the list will never end because I am always buying books that I want to read. I think I need to go on a book buying ban. But then again, who am I kidding, that will never happen. I am okay with that. 8)

1:The Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan
2:The Titan's Curse by Rick Riordan
3:The Battle of the Labyrinth by Rick Riordan
4:The Last Olympian by Rick Riordan
5:City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare
6:City of Glass by Cassandra Clare
7:City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare
8:City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare
9:City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare
10:Insurgent by Veronica Roth
11:Allegiant by Veronica Roth
12:Never Fade by Alexandra Bracken (168 pages in)
13:If I Stay by Gayle Forman
14:Where She Went by Gayle Forman
15:That Night by Chevy Stevens
16:This Star Won't Go Out by Esther Earl
17:Conversion by Katherine Howe
18:Wonder by R.J. Palacio
19:The Gift by Cecelia Ahern
20:Maleficent by Elizabeth Rudnick
21:Looking for Alaska by John Green
22:White Cat by Holly Black
23:These Things Hidden by Heather Gudenkauf
24:Indelible by Dawn Metcalf
25:Invisibility by David Levithan
26:It's Kind of a Funny Story by Ned Vizzini
27:The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
28:Pines by Blake Crouch
29:The Giver by Lois Lowry
30:Orange is the New Black by Piper Kerman
31:Dark Places by Gillian Flynn
32:Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
33:Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn
34:Flipped by Van Draanen

I have a lot more on my phone but I am going to put those in a different post that focuses just on ebooks.
RussetDivinity
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-russetdivinity.html
Latest Review: "Heart of Flint" by Scott Stricklen

Post by RussetDivinity »

I have far too many books on my shelf or in my boxes that I either want to get around to or know I never will. Son of a Witch by Gregory Maguire is probably the one I'll get to first. Then there are all the books at the library that I need to get around to checking out...

If I can make a quick suggestion, move The Book Thief to the top of your list. It's easily one of my favorite books.
Latest Review: "Heart of Flint" by Scott Stricklen
Rand

Post by Rand »

Oh don't worry I have a huge list as well :)
Don't make fun of me though, English is not my Native language and I struggle to read books as I have to translate a lot of words . And I have only started reading this summer! (also I'm 16 , I feel ashamed)
anyway , here is my list:

1 - Divergent by Veronica Roth
2 - Insurgent by Veronica Roth
3 - Allegiant by Veronica Roth
4 - The picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde
5 - Nights in Rodanthe by Nicholas Sparks
6 - Dear John by Nicholas Sparks
7 - The Great Gatsby by Scott Fitzgerald
8 - Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck
9 - The Scorch Trials by James Dashner
10 - The Death Cure by James Dashner
11 - little women by Louisa May Alcott
12 - Paper towns by John Green
13 - You against me by Jenny Downham
14 - Thirteen reasons why by Jay Asher
15 - Pride and prejudice by Jane Austen
16 - Emma by Jane Austen
17 - To kill a mocking bird by Harper Lee
18 - If I stay by Gayle Forman
19 - The secret garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett
20 - The lost symbol by Dan Brown
21 - A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith
22 - Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy
23 - The notebook by Nicholas Sparks
24 - Confessions of a shopaholic by Sophie kinsella
25 - Wasted by Marya Hornbacher
26 - Thinner by Stephen King
27 - The diary of anne frank
JMTuckerman

Post by JMTuckerman »

Oh, I have a huge list to. Thank goodness I have a kindle or I wouldn't be able to get around my house! :D
ylisa7
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: It Varies
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 25127">The Elephant Whisperer</a>
Bookshelf Size: 3456
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by ylisa7 »

Rand wrote:Oh don't worry I have a huge list as well :)
Don't make fun of me though, English is not my Native language and I struggle to read books as I have to translate a lot of words . And I have only started reading this summer! (also I'm 16 , I feel ashamed)

You have some great books on your list. I like your variety. You might also like Lauren Oliver's Delirium series :D I would never make fun of anyone who wants to read no matter what age or language. Happy reading and welcome to a whole new world :D

lexifaith wrote:I have an INSANE amount of books that I have yet to read. It seems that the list will never end because I am always buying books that I want to read. I think I need to go on a book buying ban. But then again, who am I kidding, that will never happen. I am okay with that. 8)

I have a lot more on my phone but I am going to put those in a different post that focuses just on ebooks.
Some good books there :) I made the mistake of watching Flipped and then I couldn't read the book, lol. Gone Girl was strange but I hated the ending…others are fine with it.

The Giver is a great series :D

I liked These Things Hidden.

You might also like The Lock Artist by Steve Hamilton…I thought it was very good.

As for my own list…well it is also insane and of all different genres. My books to read list will outlive me as I keep adding to it, lol.
"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all."
Oscar Wilde

理沙
lexifaith
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lexifaith.html

Post by lexifaith »

ylisa7 wrote:

You have some great books on your list. I like your variety. You might also like Lauren Oliver's Delirium series :D I would never make fun of anyone who wants to read no matter what age or language. Happy reading and welcome to a whole new world :D

lexifaith wrote:I have an INSANE amount of books that I have yet to read. It seems that the list will never end because I am always buying books that I want to read. I think I need to go on a book buying ban. But then again, who am I kidding, that will never happen. I am okay with that. 8)

Some good books there :) I made the mistake of watching Flipped and then I couldn't read the book, lol. Gone Girl was strange but I hated the ending…others are fine with it.

You might also like The Lock Artist by Steve Hamilton…I thought it was very good.

As for my own list…well it is also insane and of all different genres. My books to read list will outlive me as I keep adding to it, lol.

Thank you for recommending that book! I'll check it out!
Rand

Post by Rand »

Thank you for the recommendation. I have checked that series and it looks very interesting/entertaining . It's been added to my list.

and thank you :D !
ylisa7
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: It Varies
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 25127">The Elephant Whisperer</a>
Bookshelf Size: 3456
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by ylisa7 »

I hope you both enjoy the books I recommended. It's always nice to pass on a good read.
"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all."
Oscar Wilde

理沙
Imdramatic22564
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-imdramatic22564.html

Post by Imdramatic22564 »

Anything by Danielle Steel. I know her books are all the same but she is an easy read.
Norma_Rudolph
Favorite Author: Mary Stewart
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =4245">The Gift of Lies</a>
Currently Reading: Enchantment
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-norma-rudolph.html
Latest Review: "Desolate" by Stephanie Binding
fav_author_id: 10582

Post by Norma_Rudolph »

If your only 16, you still have plenty of time. That's a good start you have listed. Enjoy!
Latest Review: "Desolate" by Stephanie Binding
Rand

Post by Rand »

thank you for you encouragement , I feel more motivated to read faster and add more books to my list now haha!
allesha
Favorite Author: Scott Westerfeld
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-allesha.html
Latest Review: "Buenos Dias Lucy London" by Iza MacLeod
fav_author_id: 3521

Post by allesha »

ylisa7 wrote:

I didn't know Flipped was made into a movie!! Wow thanks, I really enjoyed that book.
Latest Review: "Buenos Dias Lucy London" by Iza MacLeod
Natash_zmch
Currently Reading: Looking for Alaska
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-natash-zmch.html

Post by Natash_zmch »

Omg these books are like my kind of reads they are all amazing and I think I have read nearly all of them and obviously now I know which ones I need to read but so far books are going to be the death of me soo much emotions
SparklingOne
Favorite Author: Stephen King
Currently Reading: A Breath of Snow and Ashes
Bookshelf Size: 163
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sparklingone.html
Latest Review: "I AM GOD" by Shawn Dall
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK
fav_author_id: 2376

Post by SparklingOne »

I've been adding books consistently to my kindle since I got my first one in 2008, I have 1000s now. I usually end up reading something new. I will probably end up being a full time reader once I get to retire, but I will have the most awesome reading library to choose from as well.
Our lives are defined by opportunities, even the ones we miss.
The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button by F. Scott Fitzgerald.
Latest Review: "I AM GOD" by Shawn Dall
Buddysmom

Post by Buddysmom »

I want to live long enough to read all the books on my bookshelf and all the ones I have on my list. If I read a book in three days I should be able to accomplish this by the time I am 102. just saying.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”