What's your favorite book?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Julia Wieczorek
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: What's your favorite book?

Post by Julia Wieczorek »

The Bible Code is one of my favorite books of all time. It's a very book about mystery and religion.
reader27

Post by reader27 »

Love Shakespeare much than others.
larryfinch

Post by larryfinch »

Godfather, told me how to be a man.
The Count of Monte Cristo, told me how to fight against evil and how to bear unfair treatment
andrewmicky

Post by andrewmicky »

My favorite book is 1984
writerworld

Post by writerworld »

:D Well its a series, HOUSE OF NIGHT, I love those books. Yes, there are vampires in the books but the story line feels so real. What teens go through when they are in high school, I could understand everybody and what they are going through. :D
soulman2
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-soulman2.html

Post by soulman2 »

The Power of One by Bryce Courtenay. A great fictional story on the power of developing the whole self...mind, body, spirituality, and relationships.
Cupids_Psyche

Post by Cupids_Psyche »

Wuthering Heights. I always pick it up when I'm feeling down or going through one of those 'challenges' life likes to throw at me. It restores my faith in the enduring power of love. Heathcliff is my number one fantasy. Where do I get one like him?
:)
anijoan

Post by anijoan »

I don't necessarily agree that there might be such a thing as a favorite book, passed childhood. Every book adds to our emotional and intellectual experience and leaves us craving for more. It is usually only after a certain period of time that one feels the need to revisit a certain book, and having done so, finds a different value in the reading.
Having said that, I in no way imply that having a favorite book is a negative thing whatsoever!
camilegordon

Post by camilegordon »

1984 was a great book. . . but a bit too gloomy for my tastes. my favorite would be anything by hemmingway (except for "movable feast") . . . no other writer can bring to life the setting so vividly and mesh it with a powerful story.
Ladyjuliet13

Post by Ladyjuliet13 »

The hunger games definitely!!! Though a song of ice and fire is quite good too
hazelk

Post by hazelk »

My favorite is "Love In The Time Of Cholera".
regby

Post by regby »

Their Eyes Were Watching God my Zora Neale Hurston. Reading this book was truly a transformative experience in relation to my ideas about race, gender and love. Nothing compares.
Redlegs
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Lord of the Rings
Bookshelf Size: 300
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-redlegs.html

Post by Redlegs »

hazelk wrote:My favorite is "Love In The Time Of Cholera".
Yes, isn't it a wonderful book, better than 100 Years of Solitude IMO. I also enjoyed the film.
So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.

The Great Gatsby, F Scott Fitzgerald
megan1236

Post by megan1236 »

not so sure if i have a favourite book but i have to say i am in love with jane eyre by charlotte bronte , i think what i like about it is that both mr.rochester and jane are not handsom/beautiful there both plane and not that very attractive but thats one of main reasons i like it so much. it tells us you dont need a perfect looking female and a dashing male to make such a great romance novel. Plus it was a amazing story itself , so good iv'e read it more than once i would definatly recomend it
HolmesGirl221b

Post by HolmesGirl221b »

I'm a little obsessed with the Sherlock Holmes novels, and anything basically on him. So I would say the first one I read being Hounds of the Baskervilles. A Christmas Carol, which is something I love to read at this time of year. I suppose I love the classics most, and Jane Eyre is certainly an absolute favourite of mine.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”